at OP

Thats a womens work fam.. Tell ur girl to comeback w/ a sandwich

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

Am I the only
smh.gif
at OP

Thats a womens work fam.. Tell ur girl to comeback w/ a sandwich
I hope you are a kid

are you use to your mama cooking for you all the time?

I like this thread. My uncle is a chef and I'm really good at cooking for how young I am and I do all the cooking around my house. Respect for what u didand doin

i came in here thinking i could learn how to better improve my spaghetti or how to better make an omelet.

yall in here talking about making 5 star %%$@.

i just wanna know simple recipes.

well i'm not a chef but I love cooking. I made what was sort of a cilantro pesto for some fajitas yesterday and it was bomb.

1 bunch of cilantro (i cut the bottom stems off)
3-4 serrano peppers
juiced 2 limes
approx. a clove and a half of garlic
salt
a few tablespoons of olive oil
I left out nuts like in a normal pesto, because I forgot to get them at the store.
I put it in the blender until it was chopped up but not too mushy
It came out really good, but It could have been more spicy.

Try this on some fajitas or something in places of salsa

This is Alton Brown's recipe for wings I have been using this for a while. It's really easy, and they are the best wings I have ever had.

My suggestion is to use Frank's Red Hot sauce.
[h2]Ingredients[/h2]
  • 12 whole chicken wings
  • 3 ounces unsalted butter
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
[h2]Directions[/h2]
Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.

Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings intothe steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on acooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or untilmeat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.

While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic. Pour this along with hot sauce and salt into a bowl large enough tohold all of the chicken and stir to combine.

Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve warm.

image086hjw.jpg
image087h.jpg

Originally Posted by iMixedi

Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah

AAclaire420 wrote:

Yeah eatmore good for you that's a cool job, if you want to work in a restaurant. I wasn't hating just so you know I should probably be impressed you even know what a batonet is lol

anyways I dd have a great time at le cordon bleu and I wouldn't consider it wasting money just an investment in my future. Anyways I already made back my tuition money a few times over with what I've made catering in the last few years. So to each his own
Your post just came across as rude. I made a simple typo mistake, big deal. I've met a few people that went to le cordon bleu and they enjoyed it greatly. Glad you did as well. I'm also in the process of starting my own catering business. Design Cuisine of Louisiana....as you know that's where the real money is!
pimp.gif
Granted I love working for one of the best restaurants/chef's in America, but the hours are terrible and the pay is only decent. I'm doing it just to further development my skills.

Where are you located? You have a website I check out? What sort of food and clientele do you usually cater for?

As for tonight's recipe:

Fried Green Tomatoes with a Lumb Crabmeat Remoulade with a simply Frissee Salad with a Lemon Truffle Oil Vinaigrette, Manchego cheese and candied Walnuts.

recipe serves 4 to 6:

-3 green tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
-standard breading process (flour, whipped eggs, bread cumbs/panko whatever you like)
-canola oil for frying the tomatoes

-1 lb local lump crabmeat
-mayo
-ketchup
-creole mustard
-Worchestershire
-Crystal hotsauce
-lemon juice
-celery salt
-white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper
-kosher salt
-let it set up in the fridge for half an hour...it will taste better the longer in the fridge!

basically it's a dressing so use what protions you'd like for your taste!

salad:

-a head of frissee (any lettuce will be fine i just like frissee with this because it's a bitter green that goes well with Manchego cheese and candied walnuts)
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-zest from one lemon
-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons white truffle oil
-a hit of balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste
-Manchego cheese (either chunks or chards)
-candied walnuts
-4 oz of walnuts
-one egg white
-two table spoons of dark or light brown sugar
-good quality salt
-beat egg white till frothy add salt, and sugar and whip until incorporated
-add walnuts and coat them well
-place on parchment on a baking sheet and bake in a 250 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

My mans from South Louisiana
pimp.gif
. Food is on point here!! I stay near Lafayette, where did you reside?

What's up my dude. I'm in Houma, where are you exactly? I use to live in Baton Rouge for three years as well.

Been wanting to step up my cooking game. I really want to try making lobster, shrimp, crab legs and fish.
Any recipes, basic/easy ones preferably?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Been wanting to step up my cooking game. I really want to try making lobster, shrimp, crab legs and fish.
Any recipes, basic/easy ones preferably?

Send me a PM as to how you like them and I'll be glad to hook you up with a recipe.

Chico Cumming-let me get the recipe for your crawfish etouffee

i used to date a chick from monroe.la and she made it but we ended on bad terms so no recipe

Originally Posted by iMixedi

AAclaire420 wrote:

Yeah eatmore good for you that's a cool job, if you want to work in a restaurant. I wasn't hating just so you know I should probably be impressed you even know what a batonet is lol

anyways I dd have a great time at le cordon bleu and I wouldn't consider it wasting money just an investment in my future. Anyways I already made back my tuition money a few times over with what I've made catering in the last few years. So to each his own
Your post just came across as rude. I made a simple typo mistake, big deal. I've met a few people that went to le cordon bleu and they enjoyed it greatly. Glad you did as well. I'm also in the process of starting my own catering business. Design Cuisine of Louisiana....as you know that's where the real money is!
pimp.gif
Granted I love working for one of the best restaurants/chef's in America, but the hours are terrible and the pay is only decent. I'm doing it just to further development my skills.

Where are you located? You have a website I check out? What sort of food and clientele do you usually cater for?

As for tonight's recipe:

Fried Green Tomatoes with a Lumb Crabmeat Remoulade with a simply Frissee Salad with a Lemon Truffle Oil Vinaigrette, Manchego cheese and candied Walnuts.

recipe serves 4 to 6:

-3 green tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
-standard breading process (flour, whipped eggs, bread cumbs/panko whatever you like)
-canola oil for frying the tomatoes

-1 lb local lump crabmeat
-mayo
-ketchup
-creole mustard
-Worchestershire
-Crystal hotsauce
-lemon juice
-celery salt
-white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper
-kosher salt
-let it set up in the fridge for half an hour...it will taste better the longer in the fridge!

basically it's a dressing so use what protions you'd like for your taste!

salad:

-a head of frissee (any lettuce will be fine i just like frissee with this because it's a bitter green that goes well with Manchego cheese and candied walnuts)
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-zest from one lemon
-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons white truffle oil
-a hit of balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste
-Manchego cheese (either chunks or chards)
-candied walnuts
-4 oz of walnuts
-one egg white
-two table spoons of dark or light brown sugar
-good quality salt
-beat egg white till frothy add salt, and sugar and whip until incorporated
-add walnuts and coat them well
-place on parchment on a baking sheet and bake in a 250 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

My mans from South Louisiana
pimp.gif
. Food is on point here!! I stay near Lafayette, where did you reside?

What's up my dude. I'm in Houma, where are you exactly? I use to live in Baton Rouge for three years as well.

Yea I know a lil about Houma. I stay in Breaux Bridge..small country town lol. I'm in lafayette alot though. Good to see another Nt'er livin downhere..I don't come across our kind to often on this board lol.

But yeah good looks on the food man. I definitely can tell you know about the south from your recipes ..and that's a good thing
pimp.gif

Mane i thought this joint was dead yall boys on here cooking up a storm. sorry i been gone i moved out my crib n put my computer in storage (long story). butall i got is my work computer n they block alot stuff but im try n get back wit yall. AND PUT SOMEMORE PICS UP!

^good luck on the seafood dish, just Google some seafood recipes. I need to get my cooking game up, been lazy to make something good.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

^good luck on the seafood dish, just Google some seafood recipes. I need to get my cooking game up, been lazy to make something good.

Thanks, I'm gonna try the crab legs first. Cooking it shouldn't be too hard

Wow Im suprised this thread is still around. Im gonna hook you guys up with some of the stuff i been working on. Im also a chef (although I just got laid off).Ive been coming up with come pretty good thing lately.

Back
Top Bottom