NT Corporate BROTHAS...Serious question regarding hair

He can hold an opinion hes just saying his opinion doesnt apply to this thread

Last edited:
A half white/half asian guy is gonna tell me as a black man what hairstyle is professional for the workplace. Man sit down.

:lol:
"The man" won't even notice or know what a shaved part is. He'll probably think you got zeeked at the barbershop.

all of this...

dude's thinking some 52 year old white man is going to know what the cut is...

he'll prolly think it's a birth defect and not want to rustle any HR jimmies. :lol:

:lol:
"The man" won't even notice or know what a shaved part is. He'll probably think you got zeeked at the barbershop.

Exactly companies ain't worried about that stuff, minus out of touch finance and sales companies.
Lucky - I'm just going to come out and say it. You racist, b. I guess it's not totally bad cause you're also incredibly ignorant. They do go hand in hand though.

You don't even know what racism is. Go to sleep you're drunk. :smh:

Last edited:
Lucky and Fontaine I feel yall, but yall are crazy if you think some corporations aren't going to think less of you if you walk into the interview with a part in your head. It's unfair but it is what it is.

Last edited:

GucciMane1.jpg

But the regular part has been in style for decades.​

Who makes these rules that a part is unprofessional or trendy?​

Gucci Mane was trippin :lol: :lol:

Drunkness goes away after a good nights sleep.
Your ignorance is forever.

I'm not sure what you guys are arguing though.
There is a code when it comes to hair/facial hair at work.
I'm a light skinned brotha and even I know my place when it comes to hair.
Just the way it is out there.

Sometimes I go a few weeks without shaving at all and best believe ima hear a few things from my boss. He obviously can't force me to shave...but I know what they prefer.

It's not a black and white thing.
But y'all dudes ain't going to accept that.

Last edited:
Drunkness goes away after a good nights sleep.
Your ignorance is forever.

I'm not sure what you guys are arguing though.
There is a code when it comes to hair/facial hair at work.
I'm a light skinned brotha and even I know my place when it comes to hair.
Just the way it is out there.

Sometimes I go a few weeks without shaving at all and best believe ima hear a few things from my boss. He obviously can't force me to shave...but I know what they prefer.

It's not a black and white thing.
But y'all dudes ain't going to accept that.
Your dominican bro u dont count

Lumping all Hispanics into the Dominican umbrella - ignorant or racist?

I ain't Dominican, b.
You not riding me hard enough.

Last edited:
Lucky and Fontaine I feel yall, but yall are crazy if you think some corporations aren't going to think less of you if you walk into the interview with a part in your head. It's unfair but it is what it is.
So if I get the job bald, but grow my hair out to a (nappy unpicked... on sum hipster joint), u think dudes wiling to take the chance to be sueded for mascration? Because uh no. Didn;tr dont know

Lumping all Hispanics into the Dominican umbrella - ignorant or racist?

I ain't Dominican, b.
You not riding me hard enough.
Your not a black fella. Lucky is actually right though. Black people cant just wake up and put gel in their hair. ITs a different time man. People not as judgemental. If anything it be other minorities who be judging the most caus ethey still got that field colored mindset.

I don't care what black people have to do to their hair.
That's not what this thread is about.

Are there some haircuts that are deemed less professional than others? The answer is yes.
This is not exclusive to black people,
Why you dudes pulling the race card?

Are there some haircuts that are deemed less professional than others? The answer is yes.
How is that possible? I never heard of a professional haircut. In the army, your forced to wear your hair low. Thats different. But for office job? You think they got a chart they pull out to make sure you got a professional hair cut?(whatever the heck that is smh) Most companies policies simply state to maintain hygeine. Do you even have a job Diego?

Seems like there's two sides to this:

1. Those who feel that we have to conform to meet certain standards (even if they're wrong)

2. Those who don't feel as if they should have to.

So what if your boss wasn't white but black and told you not to get a shaved part in your head next time? Would he be racist or just prefer a certain way his employees should present themselves in a professional workplace? 

And what's the difference between that and being required to show up in a suit for work? it's the same thing both your hairstyle and style of dress can be physically altered to adhere to your working environment

Last edited:

So what if your boss wasn't white but black and told you not to get a shaved part in your head next time? Would he be racist or just prefer a certain way his employees should present themselves in a professional workplace? 
HR would have a serious issue.

I'm white and my white grandpa used to do hiring for Cargill. Dude has no idea what any of these hairstyles are. :lol: if someone is racist that's one thing. But if a black dude strolls into a interview with a part in his hair I'd say 90% of white people will think you got zeeked as someone said earlier.

Of course no one HAS to force you to do anything thats not in written in ink, but if you show up to work with crazy parts, lime green and red colored suits and an ear ring in one year, don't be surprised if you are let go due to "budget cut"...sometimes common sense comes into play, it's not all about playing the race card or crying oppression. Everyone, regardless of their race conforms to these implied codes of appearance in a professional workplace

Last edited:

How is that possible? I never heard of a professional haircut. In the army, your forced to wear your hair low. Thats different. But for office job? You think they got a chart they pull out to make sure you got a professional hair cut?(whatever the heck that is smh) Most companies policies simply state to maintain hygeine. Do you even have a job Diego?

Lol...you a troll, b.
Help me get a job though.

A half white/half asian guy is gonna tell me as a black man what hairstyle is professional for the workplace. Man sit down.
See if anything this is what sounds racist. You all wanna act like because you're black, anyone else who isn't black can't tell you anything about anything because we don't share your skin tone or hair texture. This isn't about telling a black man how to wear his hair. It's not like black guys are some aliens or something so crazy different to everyone else that the overall understanding of "what looks professional" in regards to haircuts does not apply to them.

If anything you're the ones trying to alienate YOURSELVES by saying that you don't wanna conform to what looks professional, because you're "different".  Just because you're black and your hair texture is different, it doesn't make you that much different than everyone else. Everyone is expected to all conform to the same norm, regardless of race. And none of us are gonna "look professional" with any sort of line shaved in our head. Maybe that's not YOUR personal opinion, but it's the opinion of MOST EVERYONE in the corporate setting.

And NO white dude, regardless of age, is gonna think you got zeeked if you have a half moon in the front of your dome. White people know what a shaved line in a head is. Everyone knows what that is.

The ironic part is the argument works both ways. What if my boss is black? Is it fair for me to wear my "white persons hair" however the hell I want because he's black and has no idea what my hair is like? Nah man, WE ALL know what looks professional. None of us can have messy hair, dye it any colors that are eccentric, or shave any shapes, lines, or anything else into it. It's that simple man, Y'all really need to put the race card already. You stay swiping it over and over in this thread and keep getting declined.

Of course no one HAS to force you to do anything thats not in written in ink, but if you show up to work with crazy parts, lime green and red colored suits and an ear ring in one year, don't be surprised if you are let go due to "budget cut"...sometimes common sense comes into play, it's not all about playing the race card or crying oppression. Everyone, regardless of their race conforms to these implied codes of appearance in a professional workplace
THIS. 

Someone can't have an opinion unless they hold a certain title at a certain company?
nerd.gif
I didn't mean it to come off like that. I apologize if that's how you took it. Of course you can have an opinion. Everyone can. What I was saying to you was: your position might now require the same level of professionalism, and the company as a whole might not be as formal when it comes to dress code. 

Does EVERYONE have to wear suits? Do you have to wear a suit? Do you see where I'm going with this? Again, all you said was "hospitality" which is very vague and I wasn't certain of the level of formality your company has when it comes to dress code.

Back
Top Bottom