NT..Ever collected unemployment?.Free Money?

Don't do it fam..
if you got laid off then fine by all means apply for unemployment while looking for a new job.
But as hard as it is to get jobs now a days you shouldn't just throw one away if you need thebread
smh.gif

Of course that's just my opinion tho..

I work at a bank and I see people with over $100k in checking/money market accounts collecting unemployment checks on a regular basis. It makes me sick
sick.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by JazzyJeff88

Its not that I'm lazy..I've been bustin my %!% gettin up earl every mornin for the last 2 n a half years..I jus need a break.plus m tryna get bak in skool...so y not collect sum free cash in the mean time..plus 14/hr isn't that bad I guess..but I feel like I'm missin out on other jobs that pay better once I actually hav time to look for another job..just my thoughts...any other ppl wit some experience wit dis or advice..so far ut looks like I'm takin my %!% back to work...

Well guess what? It's part of life. You deserve nothing. If you need a break just quit your job and go back to school. I hate people like you. Your type of people are the reason our country is so $%$%%$ up and the reason why our culture is so *+*#%@@ lazy. I've never understood why the government gives out free money to you lazy +#$#!.

QFT...though, there are some people that genuinely need the funds due to real problems...

Its not that I'm lazy..I've been bustin my %!% gettin up earl every mornin for the last 2 n a half years..I jus need a break.plus m tryna get bak in skool...so y not collect sum free cash in the mean time..plus 14/hr isn't that bad I guess..but I feel like I'm missin out on other jobs that pay better once I actually hav time to look for another job..just my thoughts...any other ppl wit some experience wit dis or advice..so far ut looks like I'm takin my %!% back to work...

Well guess what? It's part of life. You deserve nothing. If you need a break just quit your job and go back to school. I hate people like you. Your type of people are the reason our country is so $%$%%$ up and the reason why our culture is so *+*#%@@ lazy. I've never understood why the government gives out free money to you lazy +#$#!.

Lol..sumbody insert the.."well excuse me" gif...yo homegirl..relax its not that serious..I dnt kno that statistics but I'm sure ALOTTA ppl collect umenployment in da same way I'm goin about mine...so stop puttin all ya thongs in a bunch...dnt b mad at the world cuz u can't land a job above minimum wage..go get a blog since u feelin so emotional my dude..in the words of cam..."pull ya skirt down B"....oh yea..i ain't make a mistake wen I sed homegirl

indifferent.gif
At you homie. Just cause everyone else is doing it it's ok?BTW I make more in one week working 30 hours than you make in a month and been employed for 5 years straight.

Oh yeah and you def need to go back to school. Your spelling is horrible.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

QFT...though, there are some people that genuinely need the funds due to real problems...

Well there's a difference between being lazy on purpose and not being able to land a job because the economy is so bad.

i just started collecting unemployment...i got the maximum which is 460 every two weeks itll only last for a year...

Lol..sumbody insert the.."well excuse me" gif...yo homegirl..relax its not that serious..I dnt kno that statistics but I'm sure ALOTTA ppl collect umenployment in da same way I'm goin about mine...so stop puttin all ya thongs in a bunch...dnt b mad at the world cuz u can't land a job above minimum wage..go get a blog since u feelin so emotional my dude..in the words of cam..."pull ya skirt down B"....oh yea..i ain't make a mistake wen I sed homegirl
youre $++@$!! ignorant

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Well, to be serious, I hate people like YOU.

OP came here to get advice, not to be judged. If you dont have that advice then why you even bother replying?

BTW. Im with OP on this one. He is working, paying taxes, and feels he wants to get back in school. Then why wouldnt he get anything back from the governmentwhen he can? That cash will help him with his plan for sure. If there is an opportunity to get something out of them, when you need it, then I am all for it.

flame away but work sucks. having my weekends back and focusing on my education while getting unemployment > working a job i hate

i got fired from my last job due to very stupid reasons.

for the past month i've been collecting unemployment and getting about 75-80% of what my average paychecks were at my former job.

i also sell stuff on ebay and online so i got extra money comming in also so i'm not doing all that bad.

every two weeks you get a claim form in the mail and you just need to pretend like your actively looking for work. while i have been looking for work gettingunemployment has allowed me to be a chooser rather then a beggar.

i've been looking for work but unless i find something that pays considerably more then my past job i'm just going to hold out until i find somethingthat meets my expectations.

i've worked my butt off the past 5 years making money for other people and quite frankly making money for other people sucks, so i see it like i'm duefor a nice break, i like being able to do whatever i want during my days, go out during the night and sleep in the next morning.

i want to work again but the only places that are hiring around my way are minimal jobs and collecting unemployment > being a slave

also if you want to go to school or if your currently going to school don't let the unemployment department know you in school. they frown upon that andwant you to be able to accept any type of work. on the form where it says do you go to school just put no.

You're a lame. Quit being *@+*$## lazy and keep your job. Most people who go to school also have jobs. You sound like such baby cat sayingthat you need a break after ONLY two years of work. Instead of looking into gettin unemployment why don't you look into growing a pair because you soundlike a girl. I worked full time and went to school full time and although it was hard I passed all my classes. Man up.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You're a lame. Quit being *@+*$## lazy and keep your job. Most people who go to school also have jobs. You sound like such baby cat saying that you need a break after ONLY two years of work. Instead of looking into gettin unemployment why don't you look into growing a pair because you sound like a girl. I worked full time and went to school full time and although it was hard I passed all my classes. Man up.
eh some people have different perceptions when it comes to work and what not.

i think the getting fired on purpose part sounds dumb and doesn't make sense, but if you can function on your own without working a 9 to 5 then whywork. prior to getting unemployment i was getting by off doing odd random jobs on my spare time while going to school. some people can't function without working a stereotypical 9 to 5 job while some can easily find other LEGIT ways of making money.

while some may not think the way i think, i see it like this if your in your 20's collecting a few weeks of unemployment checks while enjoying life won't hurt.

it's expected in society to work until your old and grey and broken down so rather then do what society deems normal, try to enjoy yourself for alittle while.

smh.gif
that's all I'm going to say on this subject. My husband is laid off and colllects unemp but it doesn't pay for jack. I support the both of us.Some of you need to suck it up. Want to go to school? Fine. Go back and get financial aid. Don't be a burden on society. Wait until you get to the REALworld. Whining about getting up early in the morning, ****. Kids these days.

I got fired from my job because car broke down so I called in... Now I get 500 every 2 weeks from un-enjoyment.

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

Well, to be serious, I hate people like YOU.

OP came here to get advice, not to be judged. If you dont have that advice then why you even bother replying?

BTW. Im with OP on this one. He is working, paying taxes, and feels he wants to get back in school. Then why wouldnt he get anything back from the government when he can? That cash will help him with his plan for sure. If there is an opportunity to get something out of them, when you need it, then I am all for it.
Spoken like a true dumb %*@.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

I got fired from my job because car broke down so I called in... Now I get 500 every 2 weeks from un-enjoyment.

$450 every 2 weeks here, it sucks how jobs fire for rediculously stupid reasons though and completely disregard all the extra stuff and effort you put induring your tenure.

i swear this job market besides fast food and minimal jobs is dead though. its so damn discouraging looking for a job when you go dressed up, make theeffort to make a good impression, go dressed up, good resume etc and still you can't find nothing.

i was lucky to put money aside for a situation like this plus have my unemployment comming in, plus i got other legit ways of making money so im not screwed but i would like to have something consistent.

part of me wants to enjoy the summer, go travel places and just have the life freedom i haven't had since the summer after i graduated high school andpart of me wants to find a job asap. i've been making the most out of my time while unemployed trying to live each day to the fullest but at the sametime the extended vacation has gotten old at times.

those who have jobs appreciate what you have.

Man i've been unemployed for 6 months now. College degree + 1 year experience (plus hella work experience while in college). I am getting nothing, no bitesreally. Quite shizzy

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

$450 every 2 weeks here, it sucks how jobs fire for rediculously stupid reasons though and completely disregard all the extra stuff and effort you put in during your tenure.

i swear this job market besides fast food and minimal jobs is dead though. its so damn discouraging looking for a job when you go dressed up, make the effort to make a good impression, go dressed up, good resume etc and still you can't find nothing.

i was lucky to put money aside for a situation like this plus have my unemployment comming in, plus i got other legit ways of making money so im not screwed but i would like to have something consistent.

part of me wants to enjoy the summer, go travel places and just have the life freedom i haven't had since the summer after i graduated high school and part of me wants to find a job asap. i've been making the most out of my time while unemployed trying to live each day to the fullest but at the same time the extended vacation has gotten old at times.

those who have jobs appreciate what you have.

pimp.gif

WCfinest?

We all think about it. It doesnt mean we will do it.

Eitherway, its def something that crossed my mine while at school. i made about $4-8million dollars in 3.5yrs for _____company and saw nothing out of it, allthe while im going to school working my $@! off there too....it sucks. In my case, had i done it. I would of def paid it back someway, somehow back to societyafterwards...

I'm not even going to front I collected unemployment while going back to school because I wanted to play basketball. Don't use you unemployment to playxbox and be lazy use it to accomplish something. I used mine to pay for my books during the summer until my coach gave me a scholarship.

Back
Top Bottom