NT fam: Can we have a classic mixtape discussion?

Although I think the word classic is thrown around way to much on this board, I was wondering how people feel about the mixtape game.

When I think about something that's classic, I think about something that is original, doesn't contain any skippable tracks, and has a high replayvalue.

Having said that...here's a few classic mixtapes that come to mind.

album-guess-whos-back.jpg

6332472301784375000593.jpg

Best_Of_Clue_The_Freestyles.jpg

2l9gj7s.jpg

And these are just a few of mine....not a complete list by any means

MOB vol 1 was a very good mixtape...but not sure if I would call that one a classic.

I'm tempted to call So Far Gone a classic though, maybe I should add that one to the list.

Clipse and Buddens are both artists that I can get tired of real quick...

Can't agree that those classics by any means.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I'm tempted to call So Far Gone a classic though, maybe I should add that one to the list.

I'll say it for you.

So Far Gone.

Doo Wop 95 live

There was another tape that came out around that time... I think it was a Ron G tape. It had Mase and Cam freestyles, old LOX, etc. I need that... anyone knowthe name of it?

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Doo Wop 95 live

There was another tape that came out around that time... I think it was a Ron G tape. It had Mase and Cam freestyles, old LOX, etc. I need that... anyone know the name of it?
Word...and are you talking about Tony Touch?

Oh and this one is also very close IMO

fab-there-is-no-competition.jpg

Not a Wayne fan but gotta give it to Drought 3, say what you want but you can still here cars blasting the Zoom freestyle, how many mixtapes have that kind ofduration?
And personally, Kanye's Freshman Adjustment, Wale's 100 Miles and Runnin, and J Coie's the Warm Up are the definition of what a mixtape should be.Seems like the best mixtapes are made when a rapper is still struggling.

Wow.

Once again I see some people throwing that word "classic" on to pretty much anything and everything
laugh.gif

Don't see a lot of classics. Saying anything from (insert artist) is bull %$*+

I disagree with a lot in here. Is that DJ Clue an official mixtape? Don't got it if it is
smh.gif

I'll name some

...And Justus For All...
March On Washington
The Letter [The Life Take]
Hotter Than July: A Tribute To Stevie Wonder
The B.C. Era
Spell My Name Right
Beast From The East
Popular Demand

I'll go in if this picks up.

Back