NT Gentlemen: Share with me your cures and remedies for razor bumps

I've been getting an edge up every week to avoid hair from curling back in and using African black soup and it's gone down dramatically but I want them ALL GONE FOREVER!
What can I do?

Andis only, invest in a pair

i cant remember the last time i used a mach 3 turbo and some shaving cream

Black NTers read

Ignore this non-sense being spewed in our culture about manual razors.

1. Use a 5 blade razor with a shaving cream of choice
2. Wash face with cold water
3. Follow up with Tend Skin (blue bottle). See Exhibit A.
4. Follow tend skin with non-alcoholic after shave of choice
5. Shave EVERYDAY

Now I will speak towards a few of my steps.

1. Physics: 5 blades = the same amount of vertical pressure applied over multiple blades. The more blades on your razor, the less pressure that is applied per blade. Consequently, the chances of your skin being cut are decreased. Furthermore, multi blade razors angle their blades at a more shallow angle which also decrease the chance for cutting

2. Cold water closes pores and prevents bacteria and crap from entering your skin

5. When curly hair grows back, it curls into the skin and ither irritates the skin and causes a bump or grows into the skin resulting in an ingrown hair. Daily shaving reduces this.

Electric razors are crap. They will still give you bumps and don't cut as close.
A trimmer is better, but the trimmer will leave you with a shadow.

Exhibit A.
tend-skin.jpg

waterback.gif
waterback.gif

^^^ even that doesnt work man

ive tried all the steps cold water tend skin etc, im good for 2 days then once its grows back all hell breaks loose

i only use electric now. its been YEARS since ive shaved

my barber told me that shaving against very short facial hair is where razor bumps come from

so I'd assume shaving daily is a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

^^^ even that doesnt work man

ive tried all the steps cold water tend skin etc, im good for 2 days then once its grows back all hell breaks loose

i only use electric now. its been YEARS since ive shaved

Again, just keep it clean shaved.

If you want to grow you're hair out a bit, I'd roll with the trimmer.
For me atleast, my method works if I shave every day, at most skipping 1 day.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

im good for 2 days then once its grows back all hell breaks loose
This is me.
I guess I should note also I don't shave myself. I go the barber shop once a week. So am I assuming I should shave (whether it be electric or non-electric)?

You guys should also try shaving side to side instead of up and down. It's unorthodox, but it reduces irritation. And only shave after a hot shower, and then splash cold water on your face right after you're done. Use a tad bit of moisturizer and rub with the hair grain. You should be fine.

Son just make sure the clippers are always lubricated...buy the shaving oil frm the beauty store and use it every time you shave

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Black NTers read

Ignore this non-sense being spewed in our culture about manual razors.

1. Use a 5 blade razor with a shaving cream of choice
2. Wash face with cold water
3. Follow up with Tend Skin (blue bottle). See Exhibit A.
4. Follow tend skin with non-alcoholic after shave of choice
5. Shave EVERYDAY

Now I will speak towards a few of my steps.

1. Physics: 5 blades = the same amount of vertical pressure applied over multiple blades. The more blades on your razor, the less pressure that is applied per blade. Consequently, the chances of your skin being cut are decreased. Furthermore, multi blade razors angle their blades at a more shallow angle which also decrease the chance for cutting

2. Cold water closes pores and prevents bacteria and crap from entering your skin

5. When curly hair grows back, it curls into the skin and ither irritates the skin and causes a bump or grows into the skin resulting in an ingrown hair. Daily shaving reduces this.

Electric razors are crap. They will still give you bumps and don't cut as close. 
A trimmer is better, but the trimmer will leave you with a shadow. 

Exhibit A.

waterback.gif
waterback.gif

Don't listen to this guy.

Black males need to start realizing that their skin needs a different sort of care than the media pushing "razors" on to you.

They just want to sell them. They really don't give a rats tail about how it differs and differs GREATLY between various populations. 

Black NTers need to go to the dermatologist and get this stuff called

JVd5H.png

WORKS WONDERS.

The main ingredient is cortosol which basically is an anti-inflammatory compound...(used a lot in brain surgery lol...to prevent swelling...)

Also, black NTers do NOT need to shave with razors.

Use electric shavers to get as close as possible if necessary.

We have a condition called PSEUDOFOLLICULITIS BARBAE...essentially ingrown curly hair. There are even court cases won that show that black/subsaharan males don't need to shave because they have the potential to "bump up" more. 

Also, you gotta moisturize man. Find something that works FOR YOU...doesn't have to be heavy or oily but something to prevent dry skin. I like Cetaphil. 

i gotta be like the only white dude to get these.  at first i'd shave with a t liners.  then i copped a straight razor and some shaving cream for sensitive skin from the art of shaving.  i don't get them anymore. 

i use tend skin and bump fighter razor blade, aveeno shaving cream (navy blue top) idr my after shave but it is in a tan bottle with grey top and has no scent added.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

waterback.gif
waterback.gif

don't think so, at all.

the only knock with electric razors are that it might take longer 'cause sometimes you hafta go over a spot a couple times, but the technology has evolved leaps and bounds even in just the past few years.

and yeah, i've used both.

All I have to use is really hot water. I soak a rag in it and put it up to my face to soften the hair and skin. Does wonders for me. The most important thing is not to rush.

I dampen my neck, apply shaving cream, shave, use witch hazel, shower, then moisturize with olive oil and that works for me. Might be worth a try.

If you can actually FEEL or SEE the ingrown hair, pull it out or expose it with tweasers. I cant stress this enough.

Also, tend skin/bump patrol/etc those work WITH you. You have to pay attention and do the right things though.

Shave with the grain, keep the stubble low. Don't let it grow out too much. When your face starts to itch, it's time to shave.

Keep your skin clean.

man i hate facial hair and the razor bumps that come with it. if i had the money id get lazer hair removal on my face

I used to get razor bumps on my neck and cheeks bad until I started shaving with a safety razor.  I made a thread about safey razors a while back and there were some NT's who were already using them.  

Spoiler [+]
I'm white 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom