NT Golfers unite: What's in the bag?

Its that time of the year where the weather is good for some golf. I wake up every sunday thinking about going golf after church.

Niketalks version of golf digest's WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SuperQuad 10.5* Stock Re*Ax Reg flex shaft
Woods: TaylorMade Burner 3 15* Re*Ax Reg flex shaft
Hybrids: TaylorMade Mid 2 16* Reg Steel Shaft
TaylorMade Dual 3 19* Reg Re*Ax
Irons: Nike Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges: Nike 56*14 SV Tour
Mizuno MP-T 60*8
Putter: Odyssey Tri Ball SRT 34" tiger shark grip

whats in your bag? feel free to add pics, im gonna try to later

Wait for Jay to come in here and pass all his brother's stuff off as his own.
laugh.gif

I really need to get into golf.

Driver: Nike Sasqautch 10.5
Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher 17 2i
Irons: Nike Slingshot 3-PW
Wedge: Taylormade Burner Lob Wedge, F a sand wedge
Putter: $20 outta the bargain bin putter made by some company called Texan, hasnt steered me wrong

When I was trying to get into golf in high school, I had one of those $100 Wilson sets.

Needless to say, it isn't for me.
laugh.gif

Driver: Taylormade Burner 10.5*

3 Wood: Taylormade Burner Steel Graphite Shaft 15*

Hybrid: Taylormade Burner Rescue 19*

Irons: Taylormade r7 4-9

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48.6 + 52.8 Titleist Vokey SM 56.14 + 60.8

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

2gshkxi.jpg

300xuhh.jpg

Driver: Ping G2 10.5*
Hybrids: Ping G10 15* & Ping G5 19*
Irons: Cobra S9 3i & Ping G2 4-PW
Wedges: Ping MB 52* & TaylorMade RAC 56*
Putter: Ping G2i Craz-E
Balls: Nike Ignite ($15 @ Nike outlets)

my bag is not impressive at all... i have a few nice pieces, like my one cleveland wedge and my callaway 3-wood, two clubs i love.. The rest are knock-offs, ican't find a new iron set that fits my quality/price requirement right now, i don't' feel like spending much on a new set when i hit my current onepretty well anyhow. i'd really like to find a nice R5 driver though for a decent price, hitting my friends last year makes me believe that may be theperfect driver for me, and i need a solution off the tee right now.

Driver: Cleveland Hybore 9.5'
Woods: Taylormade V-steels w/ steel shaft
Irons: Tommy Armor Silver Scots
Wedges: Cleveland CG10s Black Pearl (54 56 60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG#5CS

Driver: Taylormade R7 9.5 used to have superquad but for some reason I kept playing a draw so I switched to the regular R7
Woods: Taylormade R7 steel 3 and 5
Irons:Callaway X-18 steel shaft (looking to upgrade but funds are low)
Wedges: Callaway X-Tour Vintage 56 and 60
Putter: Taylormade Rossa daytona (best budget putter)
Handicap: not good

ill post pics later

Edit: those of you looking for good deals on clubs check out http://stores.ebay.com/Morton-Golf_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm I bought my superquad from them for 170bux when the driver still retailed for 499. All the stuff are legit not clones.

Some of y'all got some legit setups. Its been awhile since I've upgraded but its getting to be around that time now. Time to trade in these 7 year oldsticks for something nicer.

Driver: Nike Sumo SQ 10.5
Woods: 19* & 23* Snake Eyes
Irons: Callaway X-12 steel shaft 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Gunmetal 56*
Putter: Mizuno TP-Mills 2... Just ordered a Mizuno Bettinardi putter that should be here by Thursday. Cant wait to try it out.
Handicap: Equally not good.

driver titleist 905s
3wood: callaway big bertha warbird. from 1996 or so
laugh.gif

2-pw: titleist 762
52 and 58 degree wedges are vokeys. both oil can. 58 is spin milled.
putter: scotty cameron studio design 1.5 (sexiest putter ever)
handicap is a 4

Driver: an old maxfli a10 but soon to be the ping G10
3 Wood: Titleist 980f 15 degree
Hybrid: Taylormade Mid 22 degree
Irons: Slingshots, 3-pw
Wedges: Slingshot sw, cleveland gw
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball white hot

My handicap is around a 12. The league im in has me at a 4 for 9 holes but their system is way off. Between school and work haven't been able to get outthat much. Any NTer's have the G10??

goddamn you all... you're just crapping on my bag right now
laugh.gif
nice stuff though, seriously... i need to make some upgrades when i get a real job nextyear.

i've got nothing special, but i just got a nice deal on some older Nike Pro-Combo irons.

and those Scotty Cameron putters.
eek.gif
to each his own, but $250 for aputter?

PING G5 Irons (4-PW)
TaylorMade 9 degree R7 Draw 460cc Driver (stiff shaft)
Ping G5 3 and 5 wood Alida 65R shafts
Cleveland Wedges GM ( 52, 56)
Odyssey Putter 36 inch
Callaway HX Hot 3 piece balls Feet: TW8 (US Open)

allen, i don't remember if i ever said or not, but Pitino left me $100. he's also terrible and wears a glove on both hands.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I keep saying I'm gonna get back into golf. It's been like 7 years this summer since I last played. Just can't get out there to start again.

if youre starting off dont worry about driving distance you just want to hit it straight. When I go to the range I see a lot of people just trying to see howfar they can hit the ball but its pointless if you cant hit it strait.

A lot with Slingshots for irons. I also have them. Pretty forgiving to hit, yet solid power. I still need some new fairway woods and a hybrid. That is reallymissing from my game, I have to lay up or try to hit a strong 3-Iron, which is not always easy (and worse if I am in rough)

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

What is an average drive for a noob? It was my 3rd time today and I hit it 175 yards.

Thats about it.

I have a lot of used stuff. Until I get decent ill deal with them.

I have a bunch of clubs. I have been trying to go more often now that my mom re-married. My stepdad belongs to a really nice country club so I have beengoing to that. Goldiggin
pimp.gif

dmxfury wrote:

A lot with Slingshots for irons. I also have them. Pretty forgiving to hit, yet solid power. I still need some new fairway woods and a hybrid. That is really missing from my game, I have to lay up or try to hit a strong 3-Iron, which is not always easy (and worse if I am in rough)
step your 3wood game up.
laugh.gif

just kidding bro, actually i was hitting my friends titleist 980 3 wood the other day and i was really impressed. im not about spending a ton on fairway woods,because there isnt much difference between new models and year old models.

hybrids are a little weird to me. i never got on the bandwagon. if you're ballstriking is consistent a 2 or 3 iron is always the way to go. every time ihave hit a hybrid the ball just shoots up in the air. too high of a flight for me

Leftie here....

Driver: Cobra Speed 440 sz
Irons : Old Golden Bears (about to upgrade asap)
wedge: old wal mart 60*
Putter: old mcgregor...ha...

still shooting good (for an average player) last year I would shoot 45-49 on a regular basis (9 holes of course)...now ive been shooting 42-45 it seems eachround... ( we normall play 9 holes serious ) then practice on back 9....

Back
Top Bottom