NT help me out... final design project COPIED. VOL. College is no joke

Happened to me on an Engineering Design project I had. My boy from my football team changed the name and a few phrases and it called it his. Instead of making a big ordeal. I simply took my lap top to my professor and should him the date it was originally created, and I also should him the email we had sent between each other. He called my boy into the office and asked to see the documents original date created. It all lined up with the emails. The professor actually gave me an "A" for the paper and also a pat on the back for not going crazy and making a big ordeal about it. My boy..the professor simply had him do it over again and he got like a "B", he explained that football was kicking his butt and he didnt have time and he admitted he was wrong. Try it man, the computer and email dont lie.  

Seriously, I'm not "bout dat life BLEE DAT"

but if someone is getting in the way of my graduation, future and reputation...things are going to change quickly about me being "bout dat life"

Wait until your professor's reply and if things don't work out your way...pay your friend a visit.

but if someone is getting in the way of my graduation, future and reputation...things are going to change quickly about me being "bout dat life"

Wait until your professor's reply and if things don't work out your way...pay your friend a visit.

if the 20% of his work was incorrect cant you use that to compare it to your correct version to show you were the originator. Also call him back or meet with him to discuss and record it. Play that for the dean since he wont admit.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Happened to me on an Engineering Design project I had. My boy from my football team changed the name and a few phrases and it called it his. Instead of making a big ordeal. I simply took my lap top to my professor and should him the date it was originally created, and I also should him the email we had sent between each other. He called my boy into the office and asked to see the documents original date created. It all lined up with the emails. The professor actually gave me an "A" for the paper and also a pat on the back for not going crazy and making a big ordeal about it. My boy..the professor simply had him do it over again and he got like a "B", he explained that football was kicking his butt and he didnt have time and he admitted he was wrong. Try it man, the computer and email dont lie.  
This is a good move OP, do that.

if the 20% of his work was incorrect cant you use that to compare it to your correct version to show you were the originator. Also call him back or meet with him to discuss and record it. Play that for the dean since he wont admit.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

This is a good move OP, do that.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I think the issue is that, despite his work being original and correct, he willingly shared his work with another - which is grounds for cheating. I don't think who the originator was matters any more. The only way OP can get out of this is to make it seem like the other guy stole the project from him without his knowledge.

I think the issue is that, despite his work being original and correct, he willingly shared his work with another - which is grounds for cheating. I don't think who the originator was matters any more. The only way OP can get out of this is to make it seem like the other guy stole the project from him without his knowledge.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Kill your "friend"

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

30t6p3b.gif
*#+%@* trifling, better make sure that boy gets whats coming to him.
hope everything works out  op

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Kill your "friend"

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

30t6p3b.gif
*#+%@* trifling, better make sure that boy gets whats coming to him.
hope everything works out  op

This is why you help people and give them ideas instead of your work. I dont mess with that "oh hey bro can I see yo paper I gotta come up with somethin its due tomorrow." Even if its my main dude. If the fate of your future is in the balances then as stated before, be about that life or youre gonna get used and burnt again and again.

This is why you help people and give them ideas instead of your work. I dont mess with that "oh hey bro can I see yo paper I gotta come up with somethin its due tomorrow." Even if its my main dude. If the fate of your future is in the balances then as stated before, be about that life or youre gonna get used and burnt again and again.

Originally Posted by young lad

nvm

Originally Posted by young lad

nvm

same exact thing happened to me

i did a project and my boy was like let me use it as a reference. this dude copies everything word for word smh. literally.

it was so bad that the teacher put both projects up in the projector to show the class what plagiarism is
laugh.gif

i was looking at it....like hold up that's my work!

i was tight of course. but after that, the friendship between me and the dude wasn't the same. i told him straight up...dont ask me for %%!+. he would always try to be cool and talk to me, joke around, but he knew i wasn't having that. we still talk but he knows better than to ask me for anything.

as for the class...
luckily, my teacher cut me some slack because he knew the work was mine. still ended up passing with like a B. my boy failed though. but moral of the story...never let anyone copy your work

same exact thing happened to me

i did a project and my boy was like let me use it as a reference. this dude copies everything word for word smh. literally.

it was so bad that the teacher put both projects up in the projector to show the class what plagiarism is
laugh.gif

i was looking at it....like hold up that's my work!

i was tight of course. but after that, the friendship between me and the dude wasn't the same. i told him straight up...dont ask me for %%!+. he would always try to be cool and talk to me, joke around, but he knew i wasn't having that. we still talk but he knows better than to ask me for anything.

as for the class...
luckily, my teacher cut me some slack because he knew the work was mine. still ended up passing with like a B. my boy failed though. but moral of the story...never let anyone copy your work

Straight up, I'd tell him fess up.

If not, I wouldn't even threaten him. Just randomly start whooping his +#% one day.

Straight up, I'd tell him fess up.

If not, I wouldn't even threaten him. Just randomly start whooping his +#% one day.

That's definitely a *#$%% move pulled by your so-called "friend." (shouldn't be anymore after this ordeal)
I hope everything works out for you OP.

That's definitely a *#$%% move pulled by your so-called "friend." (shouldn't be anymore after this ordeal)
I hope everything works out for you OP.

Back
Top Bottom