NT, Help Me Pick Some New Professional-Quality Headphones

My Sennheiser 202's gave out on me a few hours ago while I was making a track, and I need a replacement ASAP.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  If it's worth it I'm willing to pay up to 60 or 70... And please, no Dre Beats references.  Those things are terrible for that kind of money... (Well, really, they're not that great period, but that's another story.)

My Sennheiser 202's gave out on me a few hours ago while I was making a track, and I need a replacement ASAP.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  If it's worth it I'm willing to pay up to 60 or 70... And please, no Dre Beats references.  Those things are terrible for that kind of money... (Well, really, they're not that great period, but that's another story.)

70? 
grin.gif

I'm on a tight budget.  I forgot to add that I still have to have my $150 in "extra money" ready to cop the True Blues in a few weeks. 
grin.gif

I'm on a tight budget.  I forgot to add that I still have to have my $150 in "extra money" ready to cop the True Blues in a few weeks. 
grin.gif

I prefer clear headphones more geared to production that arent as bass heavy as most people prefer.
Good recommendations from $20-20,000. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphones . Its the niketalk forum of headphones.
My personal favorites are my Audio-Technica ATH-M50S'; I'm pretty sure Nas rock's em. Their like $200 though. Not quite as bass heavy as the beats by Dre but they still have deep bass and have so much more range and balance. I also have Technics RP-DH1200 which are good but lack the punch.

I prefer clear headphones more geared to production that arent as bass heavy as most people prefer.
Good recommendations from $20-20,000. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphones . Its the niketalk forum of headphones.
My personal favorites are my Audio-Technica ATH-M50S'; I'm pretty sure Nas rock's em. Their like $200 though. Not quite as bass heavy as the beats by Dre but they still have deep bass and have so much more range and balance. I also have Technics RP-DH1200 which are good but lack the punch.

^ If you're serious about audio quality, you'll have so spend a lot more than $60-$70. Save up and get yourself some quality headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I did a lot of research before I bought my pair; Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. It's compact, lightweight, durable and because it's a monitor style headphone, it's neutral (if that's what you're looking for). They're $200 but are very well worth it. They are highly praised by the audiophile community. Oh and not to hype it up or anything, but these are worn by broadcast personnel such as the NBA on TNT crew and are occasionally used by David Guetta
smile.gif

5216807739_0fb482bf13_b.jpg

tumblr_lcuf7hy4bD1qcj4k9o1_500.jpg

^ If you're serious about audio quality, you'll have so spend a lot more than $60-$70. Save up and get yourself some quality headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I did a lot of research before I bought my pair; Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. It's compact, lightweight, durable and because it's a monitor style headphone, it's neutral (if that's what you're looking for). They're $200 but are very well worth it. They are highly praised by the audiophile community. Oh and not to hype it up or anything, but these are worn by broadcast personnel such as the NBA on TNT crew and are occasionally used by David Guetta
smile.gif

5216807739_0fb482bf13_b.jpg

tumblr_lcuf7hy4bD1qcj4k9o1_500.jpg

If you want "professional quality" sound then you gotta have a "decent" source and file types to play.

otherwise, if you're just pumping music out of your iPod through an AKG 702, it'll be worthless.

$70 would buy you the same model you had, and it's decent enough from mp3 player listening.

If you want "professional quality" sound then you gotta have a "decent" source and file types to play.

otherwise, if you're just pumping music out of your iPod through an AKG 702, it'll be worthless.

$70 would buy you the same model you had, and it's decent enough from mp3 player listening.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

This man speaks the truth.  128Kbps tracks from limewire are gonna sound like @#@!. I roll FLAC->Foobar2000->uDAC2-->ATH-M50S's 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

This man speaks the truth.  128Kbps tracks from limewire are gonna sound like @#@!. I roll FLAC->Foobar2000->uDAC2-->ATH-M50S's 
pimp.gif

i bought some ultimate ears triple fi 10's for like 70 bucks(during black friday tho), i'm no expert but they sound good to me

i bought some ultimate ears triple fi 10's for like 70 bucks(during black friday tho), i'm no expert but they sound good to me

MDR-7506 i love these headphones to death great quality, great price
sony%2Bcasque%2Bmdr%2B7506__74844_zoom.jpg

BOWERS & WILKINS P5 HEADPHONES - MY DREAM PAIR

bowers_wilkins_p5.jpg

MDR-7506 i love these headphones to death great quality, great price
sony%2Bcasque%2Bmdr%2B7506__74844_zoom.jpg

BOWERS & WILKINS P5 HEADPHONES - MY DREAM PAIR

bowers_wilkins_p5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom