NT, I give up (cell phone related)

I know some of you here can agree w/ me that our cellphones have taken over a good portion of our time.. about 75% of the crap I do on my phone is unnecessary & i'm tired of it, so i'm giving it up. 
grin.gif

1. I dont need to know what's going on FB every hour or so

2. I dont need to know if there is a high rated Thai restaurant near me (yelp)

3. I dont need to keep track of my average speed & how much i've ran (& share it on FB)

4. I dont need to be playing Words w/ Friends during my commute

5. I dont need to know the current box score of the Lakers/Thunder game while im out

6. I dont need to be sharing dumb youtube videos with friends/coworkers

7. I dont need to be on NT while im out w/ friends

with that said.. can someone recommend me a good "dumbphone".. whats good with the RAZRs? can i still buy those? 
nerd.gif

buy a dumb phone off contract from ebay or something

you can go off contract and save your 2 year

get a samsung impression or something that has a keyboard

Get a prepaid razr at a 7-11 or bestbuy

swap the sim cards

Give me your iPhone as compensation for the advice and guidance

I tried that downgrade once goodluck it lasted about 2 weeks before I couldnt take it and got back to iphone

Originally Posted by ccobryan173

I tried that downgrade once goodluck it lasted about 2 weeks before I couldnt take it and got back to iphone
laugh.gif
 is rehab necessary or what? 
& damn, is the RAZR still the best dumbphone out? hasn't there been any technological strides in that dept?

You could also keep your iphone and NOT link your fb activity and emails to it.
Works wonders for me.

what type of ******ed %%+%?

why dont u just not use those features?

unless ur tryin to lower ur bill... if so then go to sprint

u definitely dont want a dumb phone tho... thats just stupid... at least get one of them common sense joints...

The easier solution would be to just turn off your phone.  I try to keep my phone off most of the day and turn it on when i'm expecting a call.

Originally Posted by shogun

The easier solution would be to just turn off your phone.  I try to keep my phone off most of the day and turn it on when i'm expecting a call.
Isnt that like..... dumb?

Whats the point of having the phone and paying that bill if the phones off all day?
grin.gif

I did the same thing. Went and got a Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone. I don't need all that other crap and the higher bill.

$50/month unlimited calls and texts.
No contract.
Good to go.

I got the one that slides out with a keyboard for easier texting.

why not cancel your data plan or buy an unlocked blackberry? I recently bought an unlocked 8900 curve for around $210 and just popped in a regular sim card. I pay less than $40 a month with unlimited texting/calling, and i use pay-per usage for internet since i barely use it. that way i can still use most of the features on the phone without paying ridiculous bills for @#$% i barely use. the only thing that pisses me off is that they blocked the GPS if you dont have a data plan, whereas on my 8310 i could use my GPS whenever
indifferent.gif

I don't regret it. I missed my iphone at first, but got used to it quick.

I was playing with my phone every 10 seconds and paying out the %+% for ridiculous crap. I make calls and send texts. That's all I need a phone for, I have a computer at home...

I got this one:

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

what type of ******ed %%+%?

why dont u just not use those features?

unless ur tryin to lower ur bill... if so then go to sprint

u definitely dont want a dumb phone tho... thats just stupid... at least get one of them common sense joints...
/thread

i wasnt trying to pay out the +@@ for an iphone, but i also didnt want a brick for a phone, so i got this

verizon-lg-env-touch-qwerty-phone-open.jpg

LG enV Touch for Verizon.

it might be more expensive than you would want and isn't a "dumb" phone at all, but its a good step down for those who think the iPhone is too much.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

why not cancel your data plan or buy an unlocked blackberry? I recently bought an unlocked 8900 curve for around $210 and just popped in a regular sim card. I pay less than $40 a month with unlimited texting/calling, and i use pay-per usage for internet since i barely use it. that way i can still use most of the features on the phone without paying ridiculous bills for @#$% i barely use. the only thing that pisses me off is that they blocked the GPS if you dont have a data plan, whereas on my 8310 i could use my GPS whenever
indifferent.gif
at&t is able to detect this.. would instantly force you the $30 data plan.. 

funny...i was listening to the news this morning about how the utilization of cell phones (esp via texting) has been linked to causing incapable social interaction between people. People are more afraid to be face to face and how this can and will create problems in the future. Me and my father were discussing this concept because he feels that all this texting...twittering etc is taking the human element out of communication. Which i can agree with.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dp...ace-communication-042010

Back
Top Bottom