NT Music Forum help me out Vol. Put me on to _______

Ight so basically I just flipped that wic check and that along with my check from my other job I roughly have 100-150 dollars extra to spend. Some of thismoney will be dedicated to hip hop music. I figured I'd buy albums from good if not great undergound rappers I already got some in mind. Just to let youkno if I cant find em and online prices are not reasonable I will be getting them by other means just to see if I like it.

Sunz Of Man, Hell Razah, Killarmy, etc.(basically any other Wu affiliates) - Heard some songs from them n liked it never got around to checking out theiralbums so what albums should I get?

One.Be.Lo(formely of Binary Star)- Loved BS' album WW so is his solo stuff just as good or better?

Memory kinda hazy right now but yall get the gist right? just some real different GOOD slept on or new hip hop artists. Im open to all GOOD hip hop so name anyother artists you feel I should give a try, name as many GOOD acts that you usually dont see named on NT cuz if not theres a chance I probably got it alreadyOh and there's no time frame on this they can be artists from early 90s as long as its GOOD

I'll edit this later for other rapper's music I'm curious about

smokin.gif

OneBeLow's solos stuff - Sonogram and The Rebirth are pretty solid.

Did you check

Self Scientific - Change
Its a VERY good follow up to Self Science . . . Not as good, but it is a lil in a different direction then what The Self Science was aimed towards

Self Scientific - Gods & Gangsters
Its a mix CD, with everyone from Phil Da Agony to Talib Kweli, DJ Khalil did all the tracks . . .

Beatminerz - Brace 4 Impak
Its a nice compilation, all produced by the Batminerz, but each member takes on different beats, and they also collaborate amungst one another . . . Royce, RasKass, Freddie Foxxx, Kweli, Krumbsnatcha & Naughty By Nature are amungst the standouts on the album . . .

Tragedy Khadafi - Against All Odds
Strong debut from the Queensbridge veteran, its basically the vintage east coast style of hip hop. Lyrically onpoint, hardcore, but still introspective . . .

Killarmy - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars
Solid debut, a classic amung Wu heads

Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry
Very dope also . . . Just that hardcore lyricism that Killarmy always brings to the table . . .

^ I got all the Self Scientific albums except for Change.... I had done gave up on tryin to buy or even find it the other way

Also to anybody who knows about dude St. Laz? I remember dude from hhg he always had material on their audio page and he was rapper of the mont a few times,any stuff from him?

And can somebody direct me into some more (Sha) Stimuli? I think I got like 2 mixtapes from dude

smokin.gif

I just got Change, the week my ipod got stolen . . . Its a good album, I'm mad I waited 2 years to hear it . . . I just go on Amazon and get the CDs fordumb cheap too

laugh.gif
Nay, i'm surprised you didn't mention Cannibal Ox.
Hell Razah
that Renaissance album is pretty hot. dude is a straight spitter. you seem to like that old, grimey NY %%@%, and dude definitely has that vibe.
his flow kind of suffers from Papoose syndrome. he doesn't really switch it up, so it gets monotonous, but dude definitely can spit. i dunno if i'd buythe album though, but i hardly ever buy CD's.

as far as Binary Star, if you haven't heard Masters of the Universe get that ASAP. it's wayyyy better thanWaterworld and it's one of the best independent hip-hop albums ever IMO.

^ I already got the Cannibal Ox album
laugh.gif
and its
pimp.gif

I do mess with that NY gritty sound so thats a good thing to hear but I like all types of good hip hop music tho I try not to put my taste in to a box. I likePapoose so dependin on how his voice/flow sounds on the whole album it wont be a problem, good looks

And Water World and Masters of the Universe are really the same album broke up into smaller parts, with a few remixed joints(I think).

smokin.gif

Decompoze has a solo effort out called "Decomposition", guests features includes OneBeLo, Elzhi and more.

also check out
Zion I - True & Livin (Probably the best and most consistent Bay Area act out right now)

I've been knocking Killah Priest - The Offering for the last month & a half. Don't know if you checked it or not, but it's been getting burn inmy deck.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of Sha Stimuli's mixtapes? I cant find these joints hit me with a pm to where can get like a list of all ofthem.

smokin.gif

Killah Priest-The Offering (one of the hottest releases this year)

Killarmy...their first album was dope but for some reason Dirty Weaponry is doper to me

Sunz of Man-The Last Shall Be First...they switched up after this album...plus Killah Priest wasnt on Sunz of Man anymore.

Hell Razah-Renaissance Child was a solid album too. He came out with another album this year i believe it was called Razah's Ladder but i havent heard ityet

La the Darkman-Heist of the Century. CLASSIC album. but hard to find.

someone i got into this year was Lord Jabar....from Brand Nubian. That 5% album is
pimp.gif

if you wanna know of any more Wu affiliate albums just ask me...ive heard them all pretty much.

^ Ive heard some track from all the Wu affilates so I got an idea I'll check on the joints you suggested but whats good with Bronze Nazareth?, n iLLscanthe Offering was a good joint
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

i havent really heard any of Bronze Nazareth's stuff...but also if you heard of Cilvaringz...he's some Morrocan rapper thats with RZA...i wasnt reallyfeeling him but a lot of people over at the Wu forum was into it.

peep C-Rayz Walz, he's slept on like crazy, check the albums Ravipops, The Dropping, and Singular Plurals vol. 1 & 2

i say all of Planet Asia's work up until Cali Agent's "How the West Was Won", after that its pretty much hit or miss for PA.

Da Juggaknots- Clear Blue Skies

Anything from Natural Elements , The Rawcotiks, Gab Gacha , Ak Skills ... Search hard for all their 12' . Well worth it .

And That Evidence album that dropped this year was TOUGH .

^Got that Weather Man LP but yo only joint from Natural Elements is 2 Tons? shh is a headache to even find a discography, I remeber Gab Gacha off that 1Beatnuts joint. I hear you tho all Im findin is 12" from these dudes

Good looks tho

smokin.gif

Ever heard Andre Nickatina? He's a bay area underground rapper, his style is so unique though he doesn't even use hooks half the time he just rapsstraight through a beat... and talks about the weirdest stuff, gotta check him out...

best tracks

Caught in a Verse
Ate Miles From The City of Dope
Train With No Love
Nickatina Says

For albums I dont really know... maybe Gun Mouth For Hire

Back
Top Bottom