NT... Official K-Drama Thread Vol. Just Give It A Chance

My fellow NTers,
I've been on the couch for the past 3 days due to wisdom teeth surgery, and I thought I'd take the time to step out on a limb and share with you what has been my saving grace for the past few days: Korean Dramas.

Before the "ayos", I just want to say that K-Dramas come in different categories, like many American TV shows: Action, Thriller, Romance, Romantic Comedy, etc. What makes them great, in my opinion, is the fact that most dramas only last 20 episodes. In this sense, it's almost like an extended movie. You get a great feeling of closure with the story after it's run its course.

For your consideration, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorites, an action thriller called "IRIS". Many people said it is the Korean "24", but I think it's much better. 1 million USD was spent on each episode, totaling the production cost at around 20 million USD because it is a 20 episode drama.

If you aren't into reading subtitles, then I guess you shouldn't watch it. But if you give it a chance, I'm sure the majority of you guys will enjoy the series.

You can catch all of the episodes here for free: http://www.hulu.com/iris

Non-stop action with some romance thrown in. It's really a great series. I really think if you guys give it a chance you'll enjoy it, which is the only reason I'm attempting to share it with you guys. Tell me what you think, and I'll answer any of your questions about it.

By the way, the action scenes are on the same level as the Bourne series. The main character, Lee Byung Hun, played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movie. The action scenes are really given a lot of thought and are very well executed. If you liked the Bourne series, I will guarantee that you will like this as well. Both the story and fighting are top-notch.

Edit: The only fight scene I could find
tired.gif

My fellow NTers,
I've been on the couch for the past 3 days due to wisdom teeth surgery, and I thought I'd take the time to step out on a limb and share with you what has been my saving grace for the past few days: Korean Dramas.

Before the "ayos", I just want to say that K-Dramas come in different categories, like many American TV shows: Action, Thriller, Romance, Romantic Comedy, etc. What makes them great, in my opinion, is the fact that most dramas only last 20 episodes. In this sense, it's almost like an extended movie. You get a great feeling of closure with the story after it's run its course.

For your consideration, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorites, an action thriller called "IRIS". Many people said it is the Korean "24", but I think it's much better. 1 million USD was spent on each episode, totaling the production cost at around 20 million USD because it is a 20 episode drama.

If you aren't into reading subtitles, then I guess you shouldn't watch it. But if you give it a chance, I'm sure the majority of you guys will enjoy the series.

You can catch all of the episodes here for free: http://www.hulu.com/iris

Non-stop action with some romance thrown in. It's really a great series. I really think if you guys give it a chance you'll enjoy it, which is the only reason I'm attempting to share it with you guys. Tell me what you think, and I'll answer any of your questions about it.

By the way, the action scenes are on the same level as the Bourne series. The main character, Lee Byung Hun, played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movie. The action scenes are really given a lot of thought and are very well executed. If you liked the Bourne series, I will guarantee that you will like this as well. Both the story and fighting are top-notch.

Edit: The only fight scene I could find
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So people call them K-Dramas? ...
nerd.gif

Yeah, they're called K-Dramas. It doesn't mean they're all on some "General Hospital" tip. They're just like shows you see on prime time television in America, they've just been dubbed "K-Dramas." Just give it a chance man!

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So people call them K-Dramas? ...
nerd.gif

Yeah, they're called K-Dramas. It doesn't mean they're all on some "General Hospital" tip. They're just like shows you see on prime time television in America, they've just been dubbed "K-Dramas." Just give it a chance man!

Originally Posted by bruce negro

grin.gif

I kid, watching it now.

grin.gif

I kid, watching it now.

Originally Posted by bkdan1

grin.gif

I kid, watching it now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thanks for being open-minded man, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm drugged up on Percocet so I'm getting really into the new, spinoff drama of IRIS called Athena, it's got me jittery and everything
laugh.gif

@jehims, what's Secret Garden?

Originally Posted by bkdan1

grin.gif

I kid, watching it now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thanks for being open-minded man, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm drugged up on Percocet so I'm getting really into the new, spinoff drama of IRIS called Athena, it's got me jittery and everything
laugh.gif

@jehims, what's Secret Garden?

Me I will be honest. I am Chinese, and will never watch anything of foreign production
laugh.gif
Except for maybe soccer.

Me I will be honest. I am Chinese, and will never watch anything of foreign production
laugh.gif
Except for maybe soccer.

I found this vid a while back, it's pretty hilarious. Just to give a little background, gochu is a pepper in Korean...

However, gochu also means penis. Enjoy
laugh.gif

I found this vid a while back, it's pretty hilarious. Just to give a little background, gochu is a pepper in Korean...

However, gochu also means penis. Enjoy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
Except for maybe soccer.

I actually don't know any Taiwanese dramas, but you should give them a shot anyways

Back
Top Bottom