NT POST YOUR INTERNSHIPS

kapsi1911

Banned
As I hope y'all know, whether undergrad or grad the best way to secure employment for yourself afteryou graduate is INTERNSHIPS. Most of them pay and the experience you get frm them is priceless. Think of an internship as a working interview...if you do welland get along with the employees a lot of times an offer will be made to you upon graduation. For most internships you'll need at least a 2.5 or above withthe sweet ones 3.0 or above. Check your career services center, get a solid resume put together, write a few generic statements of purpose, and apply for asmany as you can.

With all that said, NT tell us about the internships you've either had, have now, or ones coming up in the summer. Please guys let's keep thispositive.
smile.gif

^You could just do it for the summer or another semester... you wouldn't have to transfer and you'd get to experience the city w/o having to uprootyour entire college career.

MBFCC Internship Program- Wall St. internship program that teaches interns how to apply economic and financial theory to the market. And we got to trade.

Trying to get another internship for the summer.

Last winter, I used to be an intern for FOX. It was a pretty fun internship and the discounts were great.

I interned at Jive Records in the Sales Department. It was very boring mad packaging of artist%$!* and delivery of mail they made us change the paper in theprinters too smh lol

Atlanta police Property and Supply unit. Im tryna transfer to the IT Department this summer since my major is CIS

I'm interning at the Philadelphia Housing Authority. It's actually pretty cool. It's not just paper pushing, I am learning, I have someresponsibilities and feel like I'm actually helping people who need housing. Plus they pay well.

I interned at MTV Networks in the digital research dept. and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) in the online marketing dept. It was a greatexperience, I learned a lot, and made some good connections. Without those internships, theres no way I would have my job today. Every company I interviewedwith after I graduated. seemed to place more of an emphasis on work experience and internships than gpa or the classes that I took.

^You could just do it for the summer or another semester... you wouldn't have to transfer and you'd get to experience the city w/o having to uproot your entire college career.

eek.gif
That's actually a good idea! I think that's better cause I don't know how my dad and girldriend would feel about that. Plus it's better for my college career like you said.

I'm in need of one but due to +$@# ups first semester gotta retake 2 classes, but maybe i can make something happen.

I'm interning at my University's Career Center as a Career Counselor Intern. A lot of benefits because you meet all the employers that come, and buildstrong relationships with them.

had a paid internship a couple of summers ago with ernst & young, located in times square nyc. it was an experience, networking and all.

I got put on with an intership with the san diego padres.. not sure if i'll be able to attend though

Can anyone give any info on good spots to apply or look into in fields with [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]sports, music, advertising[/color]. greatly appreciated!

I need to intern but I think I'm taking summer classes and already have a fulltime job I work at yearround but it's at night so hopefully nextyear(junior year)

I had a ton of unpaid internships and two paid internship during my college career. They all had their perks and I got to meet a lot of people I still talk totoday. Network your*$+@ off.

These are the following internships that helped me choose the direction I wanted to take:

GSN (Game Show Network) - Master Control Internship (Paid)

Comedy Central - Series Development

MTV - Series Development

Los Angeles Avengers (AFL) - Media Relations

ABC - Series Development (Drama) Paid

Los Angeles Clippers - Series Development

Back
Top Bottom