NT school me on PEA COATS (where to buy, prices, etc...)

From Wikipedia:
A pea coat (or pea jacket, pilot jacket) is an outer coat, generally of a navy-colored heavy wool, originally worn by sailors of European navies. Pea coats are characterized by broad lapels, double-breasted fronts, often large wooden buttons, and vertical or slash pockets. Although it first appeared in the early 18th century, modern renditions still maintain the original design and composition.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

my recent purchases from gap & br
br593778-00p01v01.jpg

I think it's in the peacot family
ohwell.gif
this isn't a peacoat, but it is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I like the military feature on almost anything.

I bought a Buffalo David Bitton one from Century 21 for $80 two or three months ago. It's black and it even has a hood. Just go there and raid the racks. Iwouldn't spend more than $100. I'd go either there or Macy's - Macy's has racks of them. Peacoats are one of those things that don't evenneed to be significant name-brand - nobody is going to see the inside of your coat anyway.

Originally Posted by BKsOwnMVP

I bought a Buffalo David Bitton one from Century 21 for $80 two or three months ago. It's black and it even has a hood. Just go there and raid the racks. I wouldn't spend more than $100. I'd go either there or Macy's - Macy's has racks of them. Peacoats are one of those things that don't even need to be significant name-brand - nobody is going to see the inside of your coat anyway.
That applies to clothes as well
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BKsOwnMVP

I bought a Buffalo David Bitton one from Century 21 for $80 two or three months ago. It's black and it even has a hood. Just go there and raid the racks. I wouldn't spend more than $100. I'd go either there or Macy's - Macy's has racks of them. Peacoats are one of those things that don't even need to be significant name-brand - nobody is going to see the inside of your coat anyway.

youre wrong there, I wear my inside out so they can see the "Ralph Lauren Chaps"

Originally Posted by polkaaspott

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by April Lee

Spiewak makes some of the best Peacoats period
QFT. I have a Spiewak myself that I got for $55 (buying off season FTW) and I love it. The fit is great and it does an amazing job working against the elements. Let's put it this way- Spiewak's police jackets are worn by NYPD, Chicago, and LAPD policemen. There isn't much that has to be said after that for quality and performance. It's a real pea coat with style as a bonus. I highly recommend it.

Spiewak started the peacoat from what i read somewhere so it should be the best. I've been trying to get myself one for awhile but no cash.
eyes.gif
its like $160 regularly.

Check here for a discount

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah im goign through that whole "nightgown" phase right now. But the nice peacoats are expensive, and money isnt where it should be nowadays
Oh yeah, Don, you dress nicely.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Look through the links I posted on the previous page, its in there and it isn't a peacoat, its more of a M65 jacket. Should be in the last link. And check out all the other links, lots of coats and jackets that straight !+$% on most of the stuff posted earlier in the thread.

did you ever buy from that last site? they accept paypal?

the gap/banada rep/old navy has a 30% coupon...i think it ends today tho....

i have an hour left..and im too lazy to go....-_-

anyone know if peacoats at macy's are good quality? i just bought one from H&M and its not as good as i thought it would be. i only spent 80 on theH&M one, and i really got what i paid for(not the best quality). now i'm probably going to up my price to the 100-150 dollar range to find one morecomfortable

I look at the composition, the more wool/cashmere the better the feel generally. Anyway, I think the coats Macy's carries are generally pretty decent fortheir price, the Joseph Abboud stuff is nice...

Also I was at Costco today and I remembered seeing this post. I was surprised that Costco carried peacoats/carcoats and more surprised that they were actuallypretty well made. Plus, they ran about $60-80. Might be worth a look. (Costco in Long Island).

Back
Top Bottom