NT School me on this WHIP vol. LOTUS elise, exige

Originally Posted by curt2121

as someone mentioned, yes I have an elise (heavily modded) and picked up an exige 240 s not that long ago. I'll say this. 99% chance you don't actually want one. TONS of people didn't realize this in the beginning. Plenty of die hard lotus fans like myself were on the early lists knowing full well what to expect. Soon after, cars were actually available on lots bu still at markup. People bought them without thinking what they're like to live with. Shortly after, there became a large used market.

Some of the issues you'll most likely have to deal with:
a/c that doesn't work right
rattles coming from unknown places
you'll feel every dime you ride over
you won't hear the person next to you
the stereo speakers will likely malfunction or melt at some point
if your stereo is working you won't hear it on a freeway very well (a plus to me)
you can hardly carry anything
people generally don't like riding in them for mundane trips unless it's for the novelty of the first time
girls WILL hate riding in it and complain about having to get in and out (and they def won't wear a skirt if they know they'll be going in it)
you will most likely hate getting in and out of it eventually

Really though, that's just scratching the surface. It is not a car whose purchase should be taken lightly. Do your research and make sure it's actually right. And honestly, like I said, it isn't right for most people. Not many can extract its full potential on the track. But by all means even if you can't, you'll enjoy it on the track. And DEFINITELY not many people can live with it on the road. But it's a true hand built two seater proper British targa with an amazing chassis and handling. It was essentially built for my tastes.

As far as the atom someone mentioned, yes you can get plates for it, bu even I would not drive it daily (actually, I might now that I think of it). A Nobel is always a great choice as well. I've definitely been through that stage. Doubt many on nt have had experience with a tvr, but oh the things I would do if they returned to selling in America. Actually, I don't want that. They would have to completely sterilize everything to meet stupid restrictions. I'll stick with them when in Europe I guess
frown.gif
pics?

It is a sick car, but you could get something way more luxurious/faster. Like the G37 or BMW 335i. The ladies really dig the BMW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by curt2121

as someone mentioned, yes I have an elise (heavily modded) and picked up an exige 240 s not that long ago. I'll say this. 99% chance you don't actually want one. TONS of people didn't realize this in the beginning. Plenty of die hard lotus fans like myself were on the early lists knowing full well what to expect. Soon after, cars were actually available on lots bu still at markup. People bought them without thinking what they're like to live with. Shortly after, there became a large used market.

Some of the issues you'll most likely have to deal with:
a/c that doesn't work right
rattles coming from unknown places
you'll feel every dime you ride over
you won't hear the person next to you
the stereo speakers will likely malfunction or melt at some point
if your stereo is working you won't hear it on a freeway very well (a plus to me)
you can hardly carry anything
people generally don't like riding in them for mundane trips unless it's for the novelty of the first time
girls WILL hate riding in it and complain about having to get in and out (and they def won't wear a skirt if they know they'll be going in it)
you will most likely hate getting in and out of it eventually

Really though, that's just scratching the surface. It is not a car whose purchase should be taken lightly. Do your research and make sure it's actually right. And honestly, like I said, it isn't right for most people. Not many can extract its full potential on the track. But by all means even if you can't, you'll enjoy it on the track. And DEFINITELY not many people can live with it on the road. But it's a true hand built two seater proper British targa with an amazing chassis and handling. It was essentially built for my tastes.

As far as the atom someone mentioned, yes you can get plates for it, bu even I would not drive it daily (actually, I might now that I think of it). A Nobel is always a great choice as well. I've definitely been through that stage. Doubt many on nt have had experience with a tvr, but oh the things I would do if they returned to selling in America. Actually, I don't want that. They would have to completely sterilize everything to meet stupid restrictions. I'll stick with them when in Europe I guess
frown.gif

can we get some pics of the interior?

Originally Posted by NIKERAINBOWS

It is a sick car, but you could get something way more luxurious/faster. Like the G37 or BMW 335i. The ladies really dig the BMW
pimp.gif

too bad those cars would be toast in any canyon or track. You're totally missing the point of these cars when in comes to that comment. Thats like sayingbuy an S65 instead of a GT2 because its more luxurious.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

lotus-elise%20double%20red%20black.jpg

Not a crazy amount of horsepower like most cars thats perform like it, but its VERY light. I seen a few around the way but they're tiny. Nonetheless
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

.. HP on the car doesent matter.. power to weight ratio does.. and these things have a great one.

but yeah not an everyday driver car.. def not ... but they are awesome

Not an everyday driver. Very hard to get into, get out of and has a very low profile. If your over 5'7" dont even think about it. You'll look likeyou've been stuffed in a sardine can.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Not an everyday driver. Very hard to get into, get out of and has a very low profile. If your over 5'7" dont even think about it. You'll look like you've been stuffed in a sardine can.
laugh.gif
yea this whips not really made for the taller people- adude i talked to who had an orange exige said he loved the car (he was like 5' 3)- lotus definitely make some legit neck breakers on the road tho

To sum up the Lotus, its basical a go-cart you can drive on the road, or legal go-cart. The car has great, GREAT steering response, chasis, suspension, andthats pretty much it. Its a car meant for skinny short people, and thats pretty much it. The only thing i have noticed, from personal experience is very fewpeople know how to drive them to their potential. I went on a winding road with a few and they couldn't keep up with my in my old STI, but the guy who wasleading was straight tearing it up, thats when i realized the actual allure of the Lotus. My obseravation only, but few owners actually go out and push theircars. Nothing is wrong with that of course.

Angel

Back
Top Bottom