NT School me on Watches /w leather bands

Dragonflijones

formerly wordy dirts
Well it's all in the title. I'm really feeling the band on this Panerai PAM 233. Anyone know any slightly cheaper alternatives that won't cost me acar.

Your honestly better off asking this type of question in the jewelry thread.....but yeah, that's a sick band.....actually, that's just a nice watch ingeneral.

here is probably the most in-depth watch forum on the internet, much like NT is the most in-depth for sneakers:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=index&rid=0

it's mostly luxury watches, so i'm not sure if you'll find a cheaper alternative. brands to start looking at would be seiko automatics, or oris,sinn, hamilton, poljot. remember: automatics > quartz, especially important for the resale value!

Timezone might be a bit much for beginners. I remember when I first visited that forum, it felt like they were speaking a different language.

Wordy, you need to be more specific with your budget so we can narrow down better suggestions for you.

Look for watch guides online and check out a few models that catch your eye. You can add ANY type of band (leather, croc, eel, etc...) to any watch so dont letthe stock band limit your choices.

^Is it an auto or a quartz? For that price you can look into a Tissot and grab a nice swiss auto (unless its an auto already)

for companies that make watches with good watch/leather band combos
try: raymond wile
tag heuer
movado
swiss army
citizen
bulova i think thats how you spell it. well anyways dont let the name brands scare you off they have got
some pretty cheap timepieces that are of good quality. i work at a jewelry store so hit me up and i can find a
retailer in your area. jared, friedlanders, kays, leroys, and shaws its all under sterling co. pm me.

Armani's are nice but I wouldn't say their great quality and a steal for that price, their decent at best and would last a couple of years. I'm notone to recommend quartz watches, especially designer watches but you can't really ignore them as an alternative. Their decent price and sometimes, they dolook better than some of it's more expensive counterparts.

I just purchased this Burberry watch tonight. I know it's not the best out there and that it's quartz but look-wise and style-wise, I haven'treally seen anything compareable to this. This is my second Burberry quartz watch and it's held up pretty well.
Pic does it no justice.
8aoe9ty.jpg

i'd probably like something similar to yours... i'm looking for a watch in the four hundred dollar range. i do like some hamiltons, but i'm leaningtowards this one og movado.

Wordy, you need to be more specific with your budget so we can narrow down better suggestions for you.

Fair enough, the most I would like to spend at the moment is 1.2k but the cheaper the better.

You can add ANY type of band (leather, croc, eel, etc...) to any watch so dont let the stock band limit your choices.
Point taken, but how much of a hassle is it to get it changed? Do I need to run out and get special tools or do most jewelers swap out bands?

^^^ Thanks, Burberry is definitely one of my favorite designer watches. Here's another one I'm looking for with a leather band.
_5527561.jpg

Armani's are nice but I wouldn't say their great quality and a steal for that price, their decent at best and would last a couple of years. I'm not one to recommend quartz watches, especially designer watches but you can't really ignore them as an alternative. Their decent price and sometimes, they do look better than some of it's more expensive counterparts.

I just purchased this Burberry watch tonight. I know it's not the best out there and that it's quartz but look-wise and style-wise, I haven't really seen anything compareable to this. This is my second Burberry quartz watch and it's held up pretty well.
Armani and Burberry are both made by Fossil. They're the same watches with a different name slapped on them.

http://www.europastar.com/europastar/magazine/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000751981

Licensees
Fossil has been very successful with its own brands and this success has led to companies coming to Fossil to create licensed watch lines. The licensed watch lines that Fossil designs, manufactures and distributes include Burberry, DKNY, Armani, Columbia and Diesel.
"Fossil has done an incredible job over the last 20 years building a powerful business in the US and globally," says Steve Bock, President, Luxury Division, Fossil, Inc. "Given that success, one of the results has been the ability and opportunity to build businesses with brands like Emporio Armani and Burberry."

^^^ I'm not surprised. Plus I never really said Burberry was better than Armani. Good info though.

pimp.gif
I love watches. I just bought two G-schocks last night for the hell of it. They're my first ones. Ones for work strictly and the other was just nicelooking so I broke down and bought i.
laugh.gif
I love my Fossils though. I can't move up to the big leagues YET.

^^^ I used to wear plenty of Fossils. I get plenty of compliments with them and they are starting to come out with decent Automatic watches as well. Fossil isdefinitely a good choice if your on a budget.

Armani's are nice but I wouldn't say their great quality and a steal for that price, their decent at best and would last a couple of years. I'm not one to recommend quartz watches, especially designer watches but you can't really ignore them as an alternative. Their decent price and sometimes, they do look better than some of it's more expensive counterparts.

I just purchased this Burberry watch tonight. I know it's not the best out there and that it's quartz but look-wise and style-wise, I haven't really seen anything compareable to this. This is my second Burberry quartz watch and it's held up pretty well.
Ya i actually tried that watch on too, it was a toss up between that and the Armani I got. That band felt cheap as hell to me, especially on mywrist, which is why I went with the EA. The Burberry is a good looking watch though, hope you enjoy it...

Back
Top Bottom