NT Search Feature is Broken

Thanks Meth! Did some spot checks and was able to find random posts throughout the past seven years. Hopefully the feature works just as well for everyone else :nthat:
We should have a Search Engine assessment to see if people know how how to use it because it is amazing how many folks seriously believe it has always been troublesome.

Like yall are calling ME a liara about this tooic.

The same dude that yall cry about bumping old posts and old quotes of folks.

How on earth do you think I find things with such pinpoint accuracy.

But I am lying. Makes sense.

Amazing.

Like yall are calling ME a liara about this tooic.

The same dude that yall cry about bumping old posts and old quotes of folks.

How on earth do you think I find things with such pinpoint accuracy.

But I am lying. Makes sense.

Amazing.

I feel like there are a handful of folks in S&T who are constantly pulling receipts too. It’s in large part why buc em buc em got exposed.

This is the best search feature we've had thus far (we even pay extra for an "enhanced search" module), but it's not without its issues.

By default, search results are displayed by "relevance," and its concept of "relevant" is often questionable at best.

The interface isn't ideal, either, as most people haven't noticed this drop down:

Search-Tips.jpg

You can use this to quickly search within individual threads or specific forums.

Dudes were searching NT, in its entirety, for the slim thick red headed pigeon toed angels appreciation thread? 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'll spell it out for you since either YOU don't know the meaning of the phrase, or you legit don't see how you're on some teacher's pet tip arguing on the false claim that the search feature has always worked as intended.

It didn't work as intended during the Ezboard or Yuku days. It's worked as intended in recent years, but you making a show by pretending it's always worked flawlessly and trying to flip the script on people critiquing the feature isn't going to score you no extra points with Meth my guy. :lol:
Not pretending anything.

It worked flawlessly.

Not pretending anything.

It worked flawlessly.

You're so petty. :lol:

You're wrong, the search feature hasn't always worked flawlessly in 20+ years. It's completely unnresonable to think that it has, but again I get it, you have a schtick to follow.

Feel free to stop tagging me in other threads every time you use the search feature though. I'm never gonna pay you for that throat.

On older platforms it was sketchy but this new platform has been perfect aside for the few weeks following the refresh. Not even sure why this thread is still active. It could be locked.

You're so petty. :lol:

You're wrong, the search feature hasn't always worked flawlessly in 20+ years. It's completely unnresonable to think that it has, but again I get it, you have a schtick to follow.

Feel free to stop tagging me in other threads every time you use the search feature though. I'm never gonna pay you for that throat.

You got it.

It hasn't worked in 20 years.

You got it.

It hasn't worked in 20 years.

This is what I was referring to after you tagged me in the food thread, sometimes you get in these antagonistic moods and both your reading comprehension and your ability to reason fail you.

I've never once said or implied that the search function hasn't worked in 20 years. I have several posts in this thread stating the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom