Right now I work at Elephant Bar.
I am a Host.
Just got trained to be a To GO Host
Next step is a server
Get paid $9 an hour.

My dad said If I quit and work with him
3-4 days a week for 2 hours at a time he will give me
$150 a week
Matching what they give me on a 40 hour work Pay Period.

I feel bad for quitting because I am cool with the managers. They just trained me. I Help ALOT. I work Mon- Thurs and Sunday. At nights and No one else does.

=/ My dad runs a business is getting old and tired and REALLY needs my help.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, you aren't a brain surgeon, quit your job and help your pops.

yeah tell them your situation.

as long as you leave in good standing you'll be fine b/c they have a high turnover rate so whenever you decide to go back they'll know you are a goodworker, have a spot for you

and you got to help your dad and maintain your pay.

everyone wins.

I feel you about your responsibilities at that other job but they can find someone knew. Maybe you can even help them find someone. But leaving your dadhanging man.....

You kinda deserve
tired.gif
eyes.gif
for thinking to hard about it.

business never personal. try not to burn the bridge though. let them know your situation and they might keep a spot open for u in the future if u happen toneed a job.

At the end of the day, no matter how cool you are with your managers/coworkers, a job is a job. You're there to do work and make money, not hang out.Anybody can quit at any time, it's not like they're begging you to work there. I'm sure they could easily find somebody to replace you. Not tomention, you're talking about 6-8 hours compared to 40 hours, and you'd be working for your family who you say needs your help. The answer is obvious.Go quit your current job and work for your dad.

if you could, do both since your dad's work is only 2 hours. I'm sure elephant bar has flexible schedules

dude who cares about elephant bar? I guarantee you in 2-3 days they will forget all about you. I hate people with your mentality, they try making a damn careerout of a minimum wage job. Work 3-6 months get your quick money and bounce, let someone else who needs quick money take the job.

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

At the end of the day, no matter how cool you are with your managers/coworkers, a job is a job. You're there to do work and make money, not hang out. Anybody can quit at any time, it's not like they're begging you to work there. I'm sure they could easily find somebody to replace you. Not to mention, you're talking about 6-8 hours compared to 40 hours, and you'd be working for your family who you say needs your help. The answer is obvious. Go quit your current job and work for your dad.

^^good advice.

if your managers have good relationships with your dad, they should understand that your dad needs your help.

family first.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, you aren't a brain surgeon, quit your job and help your pops.

co-sign, I'm going back to work for my old man. Todays my first day back.... feels good to be out and working again

Tell them the situation and keep both jobs...work less hours there but make more money overall

I would try to do both jobs if I could, but if not then help your father.

But, if you're going to school put your education first.

mannnnn that's too easy. less work for the same money and you with family. I honor your loyalty to your manager but just explain that your father needsyou. even if they did trip, you already straight.

Back
Top Bottom