NT, what are good part time jobs that DON'T involve customer service?

I've just about had it with my job...I was already growing tired of working 3 days a week and thinking of quitting and then the AM goes and quits so I've been working 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks while going to school every day and i just can't do it. I've been telling myself just wait for the paycheck..just wait... as a way to justify the hours and that **** came today was was trash. Its time for something new.

Tbh, I'm bout to get back on the sneakers I mean there's no reason to be working 5 days a week getting paid what I can do sitting on my butt Facebook surfing for Steals & deals as well as a lil footwork on release days.

Anyways my current job is @ fedex office if that matters. $10.75/hr is what I get paid... (Texas)

So my question is, does anyone work part time a couple days out the week at a job that doesn't involve customer service? Or have one they'd recommend?

If you don't want to work with customers at all then you would have to be behind the scene.

From my experience in various industries, a lot of younger kids worked in line production. In clinical lab setting, you can search for companies like Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics. In Biotech, you can look for companies like Baxter, Pfeiffer. Note that you will still have metrics to meet even though you won't face with customers. You will still do mundane and boring tasks. But it's a job until you get done with school and go on your career.

Edit: note from an old fart at age 29...try not to 'relapse' into sneakers. I quit and sold most of mine back in undergrad in the mid 2000s and just wore cheap Vans and Chucks so I can use the bread I was making on experience, ie hanging out with friends. I never regretted it. I can't even get with today's generation where trying to add to cart on release date for hours would be consider 'easy cop', let alone the outrageous prices they want.

Last edited:
I used to work at an aluminum foundry for Toyota

Hard work

Pay raise every 3 months

Physically demanding

People left you alone if you knew what you were doing

Worked amongst men so there wasn't really no drama and things run smoothly

Oil field ?

If you don't want to work with customers at all then you would have to be behind the scene.

From my experience in various industries, a lot of younger kids worked in line production. In clinical lab setting, you can search for companies like Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics. In Biotech, you can look for companies like Baxter, Pfeiffer. Note that you will still have metrics to meet even though you won't face with customers. You will still do mundane and boring tasks. But it's a job until you get done with school and go on your career.

Edit: note from an old fart at age 29...try not to 'relapse' into sneakers. I quit and sold most of mine back in undergrad in the mid 2000s and just wore cheap Vans and Chucks so I can use the bread I was making on experience, ie hanging out with friends. I never regretted it. I can't even get with today's generation where trying to add to cart on release date for hours would be consider 'easy cop', let alone the outrageous prices they want.

Word, I'll have to look into those.

For the shoes I mean. As investments, flipping to make money. Not collecting

I used to work at an aluminum foundry for Toyota

Hard work

Pay raise every 3 months

Physically demanding

People left you alone if you knew what you were doing

Worked amongst men so there wasn't really no drama and things run smoothly

Oil field ?

There's part time oil field jobs?

Back
Top Bottom