NT what are you reading? vol. put the TV remote down, pick up a book!

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

You haven't read this, you have to get on it.

longway.jpg

i may want to i hear about this book. is it good?

personally im gonna start soon 2 books at the same time: Dead in Dallas (true blood book) and The Souls of Black Folk

lol for some reason I saw methodman in a thread I made and actually got happy

I never heard about planet rock, that sounds very interesting.

the professor, the banker, and the suicide king.
it's basically about a billionaire banker (andy beal) who challenged world class poker players heads up at a buy in of $1 mil to $10 mil.

the poker players created a group of 10 poker pros called the "corporation" to face him during 4 individual sessions at the high stakes poker roomin the bellagio around 2000-2004

Any books written by young black authors out there? Or any young others under 30?

Just curious because I am in the process of writing a book and I wanted to see what works that were done by young authors.

Glad to see that people actually still read!

I will be looking forward to reading my copy of End the Fed, by Ron Paul. I also have a copy of Orwell's 1984. A must read, in my opinion.

can anybody recommend me a stephen king book? I heard he doesn't know how to finish a book properly, but the read is good.

For example the dark tower series, my friend said he loved it but it ended horribly. i heard the ending to IT is pretty bad too. The shining is one of myfavorite movies, but I know king hated it because it deviates from his book.

Cross_James_Patterson_unabridged_compact_discs.jpg

I'm about to be finished with it soon. I don't ever read but I started this because I got it as a gift for X-mas

recently, finished reading flight club, again.
i need to go to the library and check out some of these books, great stuff in this post.

I just finished this not too long ago...
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

moz-screenshot-2.png
oscar-wao1.jpg

I found it pretty interesting considering my Dominican roots.
Right now though I'm trying to read through my brother's copies of The Walking Dead.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

You haven't read this, you have to get on it.
I got it, I just haven't read it yet.
smh.gif
at myself. I'll do it soon
Freakonomics and Sold as well.

Currenty reading:

3tea.jpg

deepak+chopra+buddha.jpg

Definitely share KLJ's anticipation for The Lost Symbol. Formulaic or not, my man Dan can write a hell of astory...

I finished Choke last week. Overrated, and I enjoyed Fight Club, Lullaby and Survivor much more. Finished The Stranger by Albert Camus yesterday, really goodstory. Pretty short, 123 pages, definitely recommend it. Starting Child of God by Cormac McCarthy either over the weekend or next week. Have some stuff I haveto read for English class first.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I finished Choke last week. Overrated, and I enjoyed Fight Club, Lullaby and Survivor much more. Finished The Stranger by Albert Camus yesterday, really good story. Pretty short, 123 pages, definitely recommend it. Starting Child of God by Cormac McCarthy either over the weekend or next week. Have some stuff I have to read for English class first.

did you ever pick up snuff? i haven't read choke, but i saw the movie.. and it was terrible.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I finished Choke last week. Overrated, and I enjoyed Fight Club, Lullaby and Survivor much more. Finished The Stranger by Albert Camus yesterday, really good story. Pretty short, 123 pages, definitely recommend it. Starting Child of God by Cormac McCarthy either over the weekend or next week. Have some stuff I have to read for English class first.

did you ever pick up snuff? i haven't read choke, but i saw the movie.. and it was terrible.
Na the two times I wanted to go read it Borders was sold out. I'm going to get to it eventually. Just want to take a break from Palahniuk. Itjust seems like I'm reading the same story every time. One of my favorite authors, but his style and characters are too similar.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

I'm about to be finished with it soon. I don't ever read but I started this because I got it as a gift for X-mas

I've read all of the Cross books except this one. Smh at me, but if the following ones are anything to go on, then the first must be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

I've read all of the Cross books except this one. Smh at me, but if the following ones are anything to go on, then the first must be
pimp.gif
Yea its really good I didn't think I'd get into it but I am.

Back
Top Bottom