NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

C1FB4F20-DEFF-458C-81B2-0A385762A5D9.jpeg

Ordered a couple bottles from abnormal.

They deliver?

Alchemist finally hit Colorado yesterday courtesy of the fine folks at Crooked Stave with Heady Topper and Focal Banger. Everywhere sold out in a matter of hours, so I figured I was outta luck.

That is...until my better half looked on Facebook while we were going grocery shopping and saw Total Wine got re-upped. Scored a 4-pack of each plus the new Jolly Pumpkin Hyrrokin in cans.

And look how freshie fresh that Alchemist is! A week old HT and 6-day old FB!
IMG_20200617_150037.jpg
IMG_20200617_150053.jpg
IMG_20200617_150127.jpg

Last edited:
Damn when did they start adding dates to HT?

I love that beer to this day but have found it to be very sensitive to time. Definitely needs to be fresh

Alchemist hasn't hit my market in PA...wasn't even aware they were distributing outside of Vermont

my local has been getting Sip every other week it seems like...sometimes w/ some other Lawson's

got Old Nation a couple of times lately

always Toppling Goliath on the shelves lately

just got in some Aslin cans today

Alchemist hasn't hit my market in PA...wasn't even aware they were distributing outside of Vermont

my local has been getting Sip every other week it seems like...sometimes w/ some other Lawson's

Two Roads was making Sip for a while and Lawsons expanded their facility, hence them getting nationwide distributed

Alchemist will probably hit sooner or later as a random release but philly seems to be the only place getting consistent distribution

we just got EQ here in harrisburg, you get any by you? They also ship to PA now too. My buddy got his overnight

I've seen reports of Alchemist showing up in Cali relatively recently. I doubt this is a full-time thing for Colorado...I'd guess quarterly at best.

We get Lawson's it seems like on a monthly basis. Same with Old Nation. And Toppling Goliath is here full-time now.

Thanks to the BA & GABF being headquartered here, plus Crooked Stave and their connections (Cantillon, Alchemist, EQ, Interboro, etc.) and TRVE and their hookups (Other Half & more), we get pretty spoiled.

I appreciate what Alchemist has done to popularize the style of NE IPA, but I can’t justify purchasing Heady Topper or Focal Banger anymore (ESPECIALLY at an upcharge). Too many better local options out there these days.

I appreciate what Alchemist has done to popularize the style of NE IPA, but I can’t justify purchasing Heady Topper or Focal Banger anymore (ESPECIALLY at an upcharge). Too many better local options out there these days.
Novelty at this point. Can’t even call it a NE IPA in the modern sense.

Growing tired if the hazys lately. Those, heavily fruited kettle sours and pastry stouts are all meh to me unless it shows some sort of balance

Went to a brewery for the second time since things have started opening up with restrictions these past couple weeks. It was Optimism Brewery in Seattle, you have to be seated by a "hostess", then you have the option of ordering from their Square page by scanning a QR code or ordering at the bar (you pay first and they bring it to your numbered table). Definitely strange having assigned seating at a brewery but it was nice to be out nonetheless.

If it was available all the time, I definitely wouldn't. This time, I figured I hadn't had HT in at least 3 or 4 years...never had FB, so why not once.

I get just as much enjoyment out of a pilsner these days than anything else. I mean...that Boulevard X Bierstadt Lagerhaus collab pils that just released here? Mind-blowing perfection.

Been a lurker/occasional poster but never really ventured into the non sneaker threads in here. This one is right up my alley tho. Breaking in the Mikerphone x Sneakerwhales glass today finally. Beer is fine, not the best Maplewood haze theyve done tho.

Attachments

• IMG_8603.JPG
    IMG_8603.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 26
Have really slowed down on drinking lately, just got so much going on

how do yall feel about drinking IPAs that are months old? Theygrt the yeast buildup but i just dont pour the last little bit of the can

Back
Top Bottom