NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

nah i can't go that far :lol: i keep about 4-8 fresh 5-7% ipas in the fridge and ideally something lighter, like a kolsch or pils

the ease of getting good stuff throughout the pandemic has been a plus. I've ordered from Foam and a friend of mine in NYC hooked me up with a case of Suarez Family. might have to place a Trillium or Other Half order at some point
Are all these guys doing mobile/web orders? That's one advantage I've seen. Fair chance for all to try some great beer. I'm with Comparison Ford Comparison Ford . There's a burnt out phase and I'm sort of there. Once football ends, my cheap beer boozing ends. I bought one brewery release four pack last week for $11 . cheapest stop in a decade at this place. It's a bad time to give up on these guys but it's inevitable

Only a select few have true specials..one place does $5 growler fills. But so many have raised their prices during these trying times.

rd.3 great night of fights
20210123_202145.jpg

agreed. i'm cool with them filling that niche though. i keep fresh lustra stocked almost always

i will say they've improved on some of the odd styles over the years. their lagers are much improved and they've put out some decent kolsches, altbiers, etc. recently. but still.... only 1 of those for every 10 IPAs :lol:

OEC looks like they're doing some really good stuff. i've never had anything by them

Suarez nails every style. that dude is a master
I would love to check Saurez out but they're nearly 4 hours from me and it's not an area I ever pass through for any reason

After not drinking for about a week and a half, I decided to crack open 3 cans during yesterday’s games. Woke up this morning feeling awful, and in retrospect the small amount of enjoyment I got from drinking them really wasn’t worth the hangover at all.

At this point I’m not even gonna finish the remaining cans I have. I’ll gift them to one of my friends or coworkers. I’ve come to really dislike what drinking does to me both mentally and physically, and this sober streak has really shown me how good I can feel without it being a part of my life.

After not drinking for about a week and a half, I decided to crack open 3 cans during yesterday’s games. Woke up this morning feeling awful, and in retrospect the small amount of enjoyment I got from drinking them really wasn’t worth the hangover at all.

At this point I’m not even gonna finish the remaining cans I have. I’ll gift them to one of my friends or coworkers. I’ve come to really dislike what drinking does to me both mentally and physically, and this sober streak has really shown me how good I can feel without it being a part of my life.
Honestly at this stage in my life, tipsy is as far as I'll go. This usually means 1 or 2 drinks for me with 3 being the max. Thankfully, I haven't got drunk in years. I actually gave up on smoking for the reasons you stated.

I’m with you. I stopped drinking for about 3 months last year. General energy level and eating habits improved a lot. I backslid during the holidays, but am back on the no drinking plan now.

Probably will still have a couple drinks here and there on very special occasions, but my goal is for that to be it.

Are all these guys doing mobile/web orders? That's one advantage I've seen. Fair chance for all to try some great beer. I'm with Comparison Ford Comparison Ford . There's a burnt out phase and I'm sort of there. Once football ends, my cheap beer boozing ends. I bought one brewery release four pack last week for $11 . cheapest stop in a decade at this place. It's a bad time to give up on these guys but it's inevitable

Only a select few have true specials..one place does $5 growler fills. But so many have raised their prices during these trying times.

yeah, Trillum/Other Half/Foam and I'm sure some others have been shipping (to PA at least)

I placed a Trillium order on Saturday. it's been a while since i've had anything from them. i've had my thoughts on them prior, so interested to see if this confirms it

was looking at the Other Half anniversary case to split with a friend. pretty good price but we decided against it. like 10 of the 12 beers were 9%+ IPAs

the cost of shipping sort of ruins the value so not about to make it a habit. but nice to get access to some different outfits without having to travel

I would love to check Saurez out but they're nearly 4 hours from me and it's not an area I ever pass through for any reason

same, i've been wanting to stop there but it's really in the middle of nowhere :lol: thought about trying to route a trip to VT through there but it just isn't practical

yeah had that same realization few years back drinking those sixpoint resins
things are belly busters for sure and pretty high %
now its a belgian or two and im guuci

yeah, Trillum/Other Half/Foam and I'm sure some others have been shipping (to PA at least)

I placed a Trillium order on Saturday. it's been a while since i've had anything from them. i've had my thoughts on them prior, so interested to see if this confirms it

was looking at the Other Half anniversary case to split with a friend. pretty good price but we decided against it. like 10 of the 12 beers were 9%+ IPAs

the cost of shipping sort of ruins the value so not about to make it a habit. but nice to get access to some different outfits without having to travel

same, i've been wanting to stop there but it's really in the middle of nowhere :lol: thought about trying to route a trip to VT through there but it just isn't practical
I'm cheap so I likely won't order if there's a shipping cost

I've ordered Levante once or twice because they has free shipping (I think you have to order so much), recently ordered a case from Voodoo cause it's free if you get a full case, and ordered Tired Hands a couple of times because they had a free shipping promotion

That time of the year again
20210127_174056.jpg

Hate to be that guy, but it just ain't the same. Hops used to have way more of a citrus presence. Now, its just a bitter DIPA.

The first time I ever drank Hopslam was when Bell's beers finally landed in NY. I bought a half-case of Two Hearted and got 2 bottles of Hopslam, as the deal was 1 bottle per 6-pack.

Come to find out that Hopslam was incredibly overrated and that I much preferred Two Hearted.

If this is the first year trying it, you definitely got the worst representation of Hopslam ever.

Its never been this blah.

Hopslam was one of those beers that I enjoyed one 6 pack once a year

it's been several years now since i've had it

living in PA, Hop JuJu was the superior winter seasonal DIPA to me

Hopslam and Nugget Nectar both dropped around the same time out by me. Both hyped beers that quickly faded into Bolivian once the local scene started to gain momentum.

Only difference is that I'd still consider picking up a 6-pack of Nugget Nectar for the sake of nostalgia if I was still drinking. I can't say the same about Maltslam.

Hopslam and Nugget Nectar both dropped around the same time out by me. Both hyped beers that quickly faded into Bolivian once the local scene started to gain momentum.

Only difference is that I'd still consider picking up a 6-pack of Nugget Nectar for the sake of nostalgia if I was still drinking. I can't say the same about Maltslam.

i used to really enjoy Nugget Nectar. i remember being disappointed by it the last time i had it in '17 or '18 and haven't revisited it since

i'm never sure how much it's the beer changing vs my palate but i assume it's both

After enough hollandaise IPAs you either reach critical mass or the saturation point.

Pastry bois and sleepover sours for the former, crispy bois or sobriety for the latter.

Hopslam was one of those beers that I enjoyed one 6 pack once a year

it's been several years now since i've had it

living in PA, Hop JuJu was the superior winter seasonal DIPA to me
I'm a huge FFF fan. I dont drink often anymore, but I've never seen Hop Juju before. Need to see if I can find it.

I actually went to the liquor store for a light drink to go with my steak 2 nights ago when I ran into the hopslam unexpectedly. The light beer I picked was Robert the bruce. Put back the whole 6-er which I never do. Literally have never done that before. But damn that joint was smooth.

Also grabbed another FFF offering for nostalgia sake. It is actually the first craft beer that I had and couldn't believe how good it was. Def turned me into a hop head, IPA chaser, and craft beer drinker.
20210127_181844.jpg

The smell is still unbelievable. Grapefruit city.

I'm a huge FFF fan. I dont drink often anymore, but I've never seen Hop Juju before. Need to see if I can find it.

I actually went to the liquor store for a light drink to go with my steak 2 nights ago when I ran into the hopslam unexpectedly. The light beer I picked was Robert the bruce. Put back the whole 6-er which I never do. Literally have never done that before. But damn that joint was smooth.

Also grabbed another FFF offering for nostalgia sake. It is actually the first craft beer that I had and couldn't believe how good it was. Def turned me into a hop head, IPA chaser, and craft beer drinker.
20210127_181844.jpg

The smell is still unbelievable. Grapefruit city.

Hop Juju is Fat Heads. don't what states they distribute to now but it used to only be OH, PA, and NY. to this day they make the only decent West Coast IPA I can grab off the shelf (Head Hunter)

3Floyds is good stuff but visiting their taproom sort of ruined their bottles for me. for whatever reason some of their beers don't translate to bottles like you would expect (thinking of Zombie Dust and other light ones in particular)

fresh bottles < 2 weeks old. good but not exceptional like on draft. i imagine Artic Panzer would hold up pretty well though

That time of the year again
20210127_174056.jpg

Hate to be that guy, but it just ain't the same. Hops used to have way more of a citrus presence. Now, its just a bitter DIPA.

i used to really enjoy Nugget Nectar. i remember being disappointed by it the last time i had it in '17 or '18 and haven't revisited it since

i'm never sure how much it's the beer changing vs my palate but i assume it's both
thought Hopslam was decent when I first had it years ago

bought it again either the following year or two following years...don't care to buy it again, ever

used to love Nugget Nectar, won't bother with that either

my wife bought a 6 pack last year and that never got finished

Tired Hands has a free shipping promo through the rest of this month

got a few 4 packs to split w/ friends...Lychee shake, Premeditation, Shambolic, and Ghost

was gonna get strawberry shake but I didn't order until late and it sold out in my cart

also, grabbed a few bottles...Cherrison, Raspberrison, and Marionberrison

Back
Top Bottom