NT, your thoughts on these images/pictures?

Yep, we all are slaves for the most part.

Slaves of the American Dream.
Slaves to females/males.
Slaves to our religion.
Slaves to loyalty to our families even though they don't deserve our loyalty.

Yep, we all are slaves of something. I won't say all, but the majority of us are.

I think the thing that makes me cringe is any form of African Americans using anything other than their minds to entertain "others." We have always used our bodies for their entertainment. So even though I enjoy ball, I can't help but to think about this time to time especially when I scan through the crowd and see who is more likely to come watch these athletes perform.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Becausethey know they can be replaced instantly. They know that THEY need theNBA more than the NBA needs them. And because they have invested somuch time, money, effort into this project that they have neglected theother millions of other things that exist in this world to the pointwhere all they know is basketball. Without it, they are lost. That iswhy I believe it can be compared to slavery.

So in essence aren't we all slaves then? People who work for big businesses, outside of upper level management and owners, can be replaced by someone else in a heartbeat. We know that we need the company more than they need us. We've neglected the millions of other things that exist in the world to the point all we know is our function at this job.

Didn't really agree with you until I thought of it like this, but you have a point.

This is what i was afraid would come of this.  If we take the logic that has been given i would say yes.  Then this becomes a huge socioeconomic debate on capitalism and how it drives us.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yep, we all are slaves for the most part.

Slaves of the American Dream.
Slaves to females/males.
Slaves to our religion.
Slaves to loyalty to our families even though they don't deserve our loyalty.

Yep, we all are slaves of something. I won't say all, but the majority of us are.

I think the thing that makes me cringe is any form of African Americans using anything other than their minds to entertain "others." We have always used our bodies for their entertainment. So even though I enjoy ball, I can't help but to think about this time to time especially when I scan through the crowd and see who is more likely to come watch these athletes perform.

It bothers me that people still use "we" "our" and "their" in racial terms and not economic terms. It has way more to do with the haves and have nots than black and white today.

But if I am not speaking of economics and strictly on RACE, why shouldn't I use "we" and "them"

CLEARLY... the NBA as well as the music industry are Chitlin circuits.. but in my opinion, if you can beat the system and make it out of poverty it doesn't matter how people perceive you.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

CLEARLY... the NBA as well as the music industry are Chitlin circuits.. but in my opinion, if you can beat the system and make it out of poverty it doesn't matter how people perceive you.
Care to elaborate a little more?

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

15hlf8n.jpg

sorry, but

...with the exception of those unsightly nike marks, of course.

/beast
girls really think that body type is attractive? interesting

roll.gif
dudes nips in that pic is all lopsided and ugly. i dont know why girls,probably unnattractive girls, find it sexy.

laugh.gif
@ starz.
Hey DC if you were asking what the "Chitlin Circuit" was.......
They were venues in the east and in the south that were safe and acceptable for black folks to entertain others.

Originally Posted by 1000xCartel

I dont understand the 2nd pic
you never been whipped as a kid?
roll.gif
dudes nips in that pic is all lopsided and ugly. i dont know why girls,probably unnattractive girls, find it sexy.
fired, shots have been (starz you need to pyp now)

Did duke just make a comment about another man's body?!?!.........
We NEED to get back on track in here QUICKLY!

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

He should've done this with the NFL instead...the NFL is modern day slavery
laugh.gif

The NFL, the NBA, the NCAA (certain big time schools within the NCAA)...they're all the same.

I'm bumping this thread because of very recent revelations at USC, which I predict will soon occur at Kentucky, which I feel relates in some ways to what this thread is all about: Young Black America's infatuation with quick money and things of the materialistic sort.

Is it then a surprise when we're pimped by corporate America, and dumped when they've had their way with us.

Something like this will not hurt an institution like USC in the long run. How do you think Reggie Bush, O.J Mayo, Eric Bledsoe, Derrick Rose, and a litany of others will fare in the long run?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...ug=ys-uscpenalties061010

Not sure if its "fair" that NIKE/Jordan Brand is the only brand represented. Lots of other companies do the same thing. I understand that NIKE is the bog dog, but they are not the only ones paying high salaries. BTW if the NBA is slavery then sign me up.

And whoever said that the NFL is closer is dead on. Non guaranteed salaries? They can cut you any time for any reason and most contracts are back-loaded and when it comes time for the team to pay up they usually renegotiate. SMH

Back
Top Bottom