NT'er Wale on the cover of DNR rocking Jordan laser IV

Originally Posted by babybop2g

Cmon now, I've heard brands themselves say they hate the fact that all those dudes (namely Pac) want are free clothes. But actually I do wanna talk about that though because that was the first idea I got even talking to any of those dudes for myself. You know them alot better so maybe that's not their intention.
Thats interesting....

I don't like to be involved in internet controversy(seen it happen to many people) so we shall speak on this in private.

Originally Posted by babybop2g

:sigh:
Just look at him where Wale is now, look at any rapper before and you know for a fact that not many of them were where he is. Lyrics, charisma, stage presence... the list goes on but hey believe what you want. This is my statement, none of that label stuff matters it's simply logistics which ain't much. I mean Lil Boosie has a label, that's dope but look at what matters. I have nothin else to say regarding it, my statement is true.
You know what man i cant knock you for what your saying trust me i do the same for Lupe i try to make people understand where i am coming from ive seenwale live at club love a few time this was before he was on tour in europe...and the joint was dope i actually hated go-go before i heard him rap over it (imfrom ny)...i have yet to see lupe in person but i have seen mad footage and it was crazy too..he just has alittle more time to get where he is going they havebeen comparing lupe to nas and jay-z they compare wale to lupe and wayne....see the difference....lupe got on a track with jay-z and actually out shinedhim...only one other person has done that and that was eminem...sans biggie...now wale outshined lil wayne but i dont think that is too hard to do..lol....asof right now they are uncompareable...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by phaedaway12

^LMAO ok now you really suckin' him young...
Labels DO matter in the end.. because that determines the length of this person's career..
And like I said, he still has a ways to go, so don't grant him anything yet..
Ok he's made you a believer, I'm sure GOD did too, but how long will you be on his bandwagon..
And like I said, I f_ wit Wale hard..NH.. but there's certain things he hasn't done yet for me to be ranking him with certain artist..
Lupe is one of 'em.. and a rack of others of course..

not in 2008, labels have lost all power...you can make a hot song on your own and put it online and if people like it you have all da power.

^LOL TRUST ME, I know.. and you'll soon know just how much I've learned about the business..
But that's a story for another time..
But I totally agree, the online market is the best market to flood for a new artist, it's no longer the streets,
because there really isn't any business in selling records anymore.. I learned that from Mr. Weisman himself(Wale's manager)
So as far as creating a buzz without ever selling a record, Wale is one of the BEST to ever do it..
But at the same time, he doesn't have COMPLETE control of his career in a sense,
because no matter who he signs to, they'll have at least a little bit of say so in the choices he make regarding his music..
All I'm saying is don't assume he'll reach certain accolades when he hasn't.. that's just ignorant these days and time.. it's unfair tohim..
I've seen it happen to Papoose, Saigon, and hell even Lupe.. where all these people syce 'em up and then when they don't
live up to the heightened expectations, the same people wanna ridicule them.. I don't wanna see that happen to my man joe..
Let Wale breathe, and I have all the faith that he'll continue to produce..

yea thats on his wikipedia...like i said im not trying to say where he is from or nothing like that its just the v in dmv is obviously for virginia but bad newz does not support the whole dmv cuz they dont like people from dc especially hampton lol....i like his music....daytona sqaured is one of my favorite songs that and nobody...i was just saying what a friend told me.....also what is his relation to you?? ive noticed everytime someone says something bad or disagrees you are there for a rebuttal....
There's a growing dc inspiration in richmond, and i go to school at Old Dominion and its all love here.

Originally Posted by phaedaway12

^LOL TRUST ME, I know.. and you'll soon know just how much I've learned about the business..

But that's a story for another time..

But I totally agree, the online market is the best market to flood for a new artist, it's no longer the streets,

because there really isn't any business in selling records anymore.. I learned that from Mr. Weisman himself(Wale's manager)

So as far as creating a buzz without ever selling a record, Wale is one of the BEST to ever do it..

But at the same time, he doesn't have COMPLETE control of his career in a sense,

because no matter who he signs to, they'll have at least a little bit of say so in the choices he make regarding his music..

All I'm saying is don't assume he'll reach certain accolades when he hasn't.. that's just ignorant these days and time.. it's unfair to
him..

I've seen it happen to Papoose, Saigon, and hell even Lupe.. where all these people syce 'em up and then when they don't

live up to the heightened expectations, the same people wanna ridicule them.. I don't wanna see that happen to my man joe..

Let Wale breathe, and I have all the faith that he'll continue to produce..

I agree with your statement but if you paid attention to mine you'd see that this ain't directed to me. I haven't stated anything but what he'sdone so far in comparison not future not even next week. You're right because he already has... and weisman knows what he's talkingabout so take heed.

Dom you got a pm

I agree with your statement but if you paid attention to mine you'd see that this ain't directed to me
Tru.. I understand that young, but still he's not on pace to accomplish what Lupe has at 26(after the 16th).. and he's definitely notwhere Lupe was at 23 IMO..
Lupe was signed to Epic Records AND Arista Records before 20.. and even though those deals were probably terrible on his end, they're still major labels..
He signed to a major label without a buzz. in the same league as the major label that Wale will sign to eventually WITH a buzz... and for that reason alone..
There's NO comparison, but to me, I look at it from the business side, just because that's where my mind is and has to be now..
But even from a music point of view there's certain things that Lupe has the ability to do that I feel Wale has yet to display..

From what I heard, I like Wale.

But to say he's "better" than Lupe? I'll wait until he drops an official full length before I make that decision.

Jordan IV Blk/Red can make anyone fly. GOAT, easy.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

yea thats on his wikipedia...like i said im not trying to say where he is from or nothing like that its just the v in dmv is obviously for virginia but bad newz does not support the whole dmv cuz they dont like people from dc especially hampton lol....i like his music....daytona sqaured is one of my favorite songs that and nobody...i was just saying what a friend told me.....also what is his relation to you?? ive noticed everytime someone says something bad or disagrees you are there for a rebuttal....
There's a growing dc inspiration in richmond, and i go to school at Old Dominion and its all love here.

in the college areas yea because it is more diverse but i went to Hampton(The real HU) and lived in newport news they hate DC cats....but you are rightabout richmond i went to a few parties out VCU and they were playing go-go hard.....

^every once in a while I see him, last I saw him post though was that thread about him on the cover of that Magazine with Justice???

He posted in the DMV section the other day askin if he should wear sneakers to the grammys....

So Wale really graduated from QO in 2002? Can someone confirm this? I am rooting for him since he is from around the way.

Also - what song did he shout out Rockville?

Back
Top Bottom