NTers from the actual hood?

just ask DJ Khaled, ''I'M FROM THE STREETS, I'M FROM THE HOOOD, I'M FROM THE GHETTTTOOOO''
Obviously it's cool, cuz he's cool, just put 2 and 2 together
pimp.gif

just ask DJ Khaled, ''I'M FROM THE STREETS, I'M FROM THE HOOOD, I'M FROM THE GHETTTTOOOO''
Obviously it's cool, cuz he's cool, just put 2 and 2 together
pimp.gif

i lived in harlem in the 80's when i was little, but when i moved to cali the area i've lived in ever since is quiet for the most part. a bunch of little dudes trying to pop for no reason but nothing really serious.

i go to new york for a month or 2 every summer and for a month in the winter since pretty much aside from my parents all my family on both sides is still out there, im in either in harlem (which pretty much got taken over by columbia students) around where my cousin stays at, or i stay with my uncle and cousins in soundview. i never had a problem and i've been going out there every summer since i was little. of course stuff goes down and my cousins get into their dirt but i've always kept on my toes, minded my business and just did my thing and hung out with the people i've known forever.

being realistic though, stuff can happen wherever, it just happens more in not so nice areas, but for the most part if your on your toes and aren't getting into dirt your good.

i lived in harlem in the 80's when i was little, but when i moved to cali the area i've lived in ever since is quiet for the most part. a bunch of little dudes trying to pop for no reason but nothing really serious.

i go to new york for a month or 2 every summer and for a month in the winter since pretty much aside from my parents all my family on both sides is still out there, im in either in harlem (which pretty much got taken over by columbia students) around where my cousin stays at, or i stay with my uncle and cousins in soundview. i never had a problem and i've been going out there every summer since i was little. of course stuff goes down and my cousins get into their dirt but i've always kept on my toes, minded my business and just did my thing and hung out with the people i've known forever.

being realistic though, stuff can happen wherever, it just happens more in not so nice areas, but for the most part if your on your toes and aren't getting into dirt your good.

im from Houston actually Houston not no pearland or sugarland but downtown houston magnolia/central park to be exact. my hood is 99 percent latinos/hispanics and the 1 percent are mostly white crackheads (no offense). They're a not blacks in my community they mostly stay in 5th or 3rd ward. there's a lot of crack houses in my hood about 10 to 15. the gang violence is minimum for the same reason you dont want to bring attention. one gang 10 blocks and all the avenues. the only trouble you might get into is coming from another hood dress in red or blue at night. i cant walk at past 11 cause i get stop by a cop. The problem i had was going to high school in another hood and having to fight to go to school.

the thing about the hood is that they are together for almost everything but when u get lock up they forget about you and you just have ur family.

im from Houston actually Houston not no pearland or sugarland but downtown houston magnolia/central park to be exact. my hood is 99 percent latinos/hispanics and the 1 percent are mostly white crackheads (no offense). They're a not blacks in my community they mostly stay in 5th or 3rd ward. there's a lot of crack houses in my hood about 10 to 15. the gang violence is minimum for the same reason you dont want to bring attention. one gang 10 blocks and all the avenues. the only trouble you might get into is coming from another hood dress in red or blue at night. i cant walk at past 11 cause i get stop by a cop. The problem i had was going to high school in another hood and having to fight to go to school.

the thing about the hood is that they are together for almost everything but when u get lock up they forget about you and you just have ur family.

I was raised on east tremont and third ave in the BX, never thought it was a bad neighborhood, but that's because I grew up there, outsiders consider this area bad, then I chilled a good part of my life on 153 and Gerard (wife's family) another not so good area but I thought it was fine...I guess growing up in the BX you kind of develop a 6th sense for grimmeyness and so you don't worry much, unless something rubs you the wring way....I now live in the burbs and enjoy it.

I was raised on east tremont and third ave in the BX, never thought it was a bad neighborhood, but that's because I grew up there, outsiders consider this area bad, then I chilled a good part of my life on 153 and Gerard (wife's family) another not so good area but I thought it was fine...I guess growing up in the BX you kind of develop a 6th sense for grimmeyness and so you don't worry much, unless something rubs you the wring way....I now live in the burbs and enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I mean, they come to Utah and they obviously are in diff enviornment (white mormons
laugh.gif
), but I feel like they don't make the best out of their opprotunity

I know that the way you grow up and the things you are surrounded by etc stick with you for life but I always just wonder.

I know that NT is fam and that you guys will give me real responses so I guess that Is why I asked
i was talking to somebody about this the other day. some people don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, and some people aren't mentally mature enough to take advantage of an opportunity. nobody equipped them with the tools that they needed in order to take advantage and succeed. look at all of these atheletes that go to league and get all this money but end up broke or just destroying their lives. they don't know how to manage the money, or how to best take advantage of their opportunity. all the new found freedom and possibilities and they throw it all away, but it's not always ALL their fault.
your
i'm not saying everybody from the hood is ignorant but a large majority are. a lot of people fall victim to their parents not teaching them anything because they didn't know anything; because their parents didn't teach it to them. and not so much that they are bad parents and didn't do their jobs, but THEY weren't equipped with the knowledge so they just don't know. it's a cycle.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I mean, they come to Utah and they obviously are in diff enviornment (white mormons
laugh.gif
), but I feel like they don't make the best out of their opprotunity

I know that the way you grow up and the things you are surrounded by etc stick with you for life but I always just wonder.

I know that NT is fam and that you guys will give me real responses so I guess that Is why I asked
i was talking to somebody about this the other day. some people don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, and some people aren't mentally mature enough to take advantage of an opportunity. nobody equipped them with the tools that they needed in order to take advantage and succeed. look at all of these atheletes that go to league and get all this money but end up broke or just destroying their lives. they don't know how to manage the money, or how to best take advantage of their opportunity. all the new found freedom and possibilities and they throw it all away, but it's not always ALL their fault.
your
i'm not saying everybody from the hood is ignorant but a large majority are. a lot of people fall victim to their parents not teaching them anything because they didn't know anything; because their parents didn't teach it to them. and not so much that they are bad parents and didn't do their jobs, but THEY weren't equipped with the knowledge so they just don't know. it's a cycle.

and not to keep rambling, but the inital conversation came up because me and one of my friends were talking about how our parents never taught us about saving and "making your money work for you" type stuff because they were in the dark about it.
most black people, at least a lot of them that i know, think that if you have $1000 in savings that you're "doin it." that's about the extent of being responsible with money you get in most black households.

i had to get into corporate america and learn a different way from my white friends (not trying to stereotype, but its true) and now i'm teaching my parents what they didn't know to teach me.

my friend and I both have pretty much come to the conclusion that we will end up having to take care of our parents. mine and his mother both have non-existent 401k's, social security is very uncertain for the future, so there you go.

sorry to get off topic.

i ninjahood can share stories. not sure where he lives, but a room that small can only be found in one of the countries worst ghettos.

and not to keep rambling, but the inital conversation came up because me and one of my friends were talking about how our parents never taught us about saving and "making your money work for you" type stuff because they were in the dark about it.
most black people, at least a lot of them that i know, think that if you have $1000 in savings that you're "doin it." that's about the extent of being responsible with money you get in most black households.

i had to get into corporate america and learn a different way from my white friends (not trying to stereotype, but its true) and now i'm teaching my parents what they didn't know to teach me.

my friend and I both have pretty much come to the conclusion that we will end up having to take care of our parents. mine and his mother both have non-existent 401k's, social security is very uncertain for the future, so there you go.

sorry to get off topic.

i ninjahood can share stories. not sure where he lives, but a room that small can only be found in one of the countries worst ghettos.

i grew up in south berkeley. not terrible but it's definitely the hood for those thinking berkeley is all sweet, hippies, hipsters, college students an all that. probably the only place where you can find graduate students, real goons, baby bangers, and zombies on the same block.

i'm on the north oakland border so it can get real cold some times. a few years back some @!$$$! who we had all basically grown up with ended up on america's most wanted and made national headlines for a double fallowed by a pretty wild chase that left two more dead. i think one of them is still on the run.

i've also lived in some pretty bad neighborhoods in west oakland (dogtown), the east (90th and Chery), richmond, and some nicer areas like castro valley and hayward so I've pretty much seen it all.

i grew up in south berkeley. not terrible but it's definitely the hood for those thinking berkeley is all sweet, hippies, hipsters, college students an all that. probably the only place where you can find graduate students, real goons, baby bangers, and zombies on the same block.

i'm on the north oakland border so it can get real cold some times. a few years back some @!$$$! who we had all basically grown up with ended up on america's most wanted and made national headlines for a double fallowed by a pretty wild chase that left two more dead. i think one of them is still on the run.

i've also lived in some pretty bad neighborhoods in west oakland (dogtown), the east (90th and Chery), richmond, and some nicer areas like castro valley and hayward so I've pretty much seen it all.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Drugs,Murder,Police,Stick up kids ,+$!*%+, and Crackheads oh and fast cash and early deaths .
Born and raised in NYC hoods if it matters from Brooklyn to Queens

Aggressive girls that will show you aggressive love
Pain from the loss of loved ones to not being able to afford certain %+#% (medical...food...etc etc)

Expensive clothes and a whip means more than a decent crib...well in the hood a decent crib is all about perspective. You can't knock another mans crib when he's comfortable living there.

Gang affiliation...even when you're not in the gang...everyone else is so you live the %+#% too

Hearing gun shots every now & then...New years is odee though
laugh.gif

Truly knowing yourself and your capabilities because you HAVE to fight

Finding people that surprise you because their minds are so beautiful but the things they do are so ugly

Chicken spot, Chinese food, Corner store and pizza shop...

Being humble because honestly anybody could get it.

EVERYBODY goes to Rikers

etc etc...

FLATBUSH, BROOKLYN 

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Drugs,Murder,Police,Stick up kids ,+$!*%+, and Crackheads oh and fast cash and early deaths .
Born and raised in NYC hoods if it matters from Brooklyn to Queens

Aggressive girls that will show you aggressive love
Pain from the loss of loved ones to not being able to afford certain %+#% (medical...food...etc etc)

Expensive clothes and a whip means more than a decent crib...well in the hood a decent crib is all about perspective. You can't knock another mans crib when he's comfortable living there.

Gang affiliation...even when you're not in the gang...everyone else is so you live the %+#% too

Hearing gun shots every now & then...New years is odee though
laugh.gif

Truly knowing yourself and your capabilities because you HAVE to fight

Finding people that surprise you because their minds are so beautiful but the things they do are so ugly

Chicken spot, Chinese food, Corner store and pizza shop...

Being humble because honestly anybody could get it.

EVERYBODY goes to Rikers

etc etc...

FLATBUSH, BROOKLYN 

Originally Posted by Mdotte

Stay Lurkin wrote:

I meant these cats out here that talk about the hood etc. Always like "I ain't from around here nickra." And then they proceed to act like fools most the the time. No disrespect, but they act like FOOLS. And I am black so i'm like aight man
laugh.gif
. But when I meet them it is like, they almost try to act as wild as possible? I dunno I have never unerstood it. Maybe I just can't relate? Well, I know that I can't relate.

A lot of the guys I know don't really talk about personal stuff so I don't know
the ones who glorify it,and say things like " im from the hood!" have no say so in that neighborhood...now im no boss or anything,but Im known in my hood....and the guys you need to worry about are the quietest ones,not the boastful ones.

I always say this I remember this dude in high school kept saying he was from the westside I just used to look @ him and be like ok 
laugh.gif
 I know people on the westside and they never heard of him 

Originally Posted by Mdotte

Stay Lurkin wrote:

I meant these cats out here that talk about the hood etc. Always like "I ain't from around here nickra." And then they proceed to act like fools most the the time. No disrespect, but they act like FOOLS. And I am black so i'm like aight man
laugh.gif
. But when I meet them it is like, they almost try to act as wild as possible? I dunno I have never unerstood it. Maybe I just can't relate? Well, I know that I can't relate.

A lot of the guys I know don't really talk about personal stuff so I don't know
the ones who glorify it,and say things like " im from the hood!" have no say so in that neighborhood...now im no boss or anything,but Im known in my hood....and the guys you need to worry about are the quietest ones,not the boastful ones.

I always say this I remember this dude in high school kept saying he was from the westside I just used to look @ him and be like ok 
laugh.gif
 I know people on the westside and they never heard of him 

Oh, lemme not forget using controlling substances on the regular.....use it as an escape because your reality is kinda driddee...but you also use it to party, sex, chill...

Oh, lemme not forget using controlling substances on the regular.....use it as an escape because your reality is kinda driddee...but you also use it to party, sex, chill...

Back
Top Bottom