NT's Fatherless Children

Originally Posted by eight2one

how about if u got a jumpoff/choo choo knocked up?

read the previous page...LDJ gave his 2 cents on this very thing.

as far as i'm concerned, it doesn't matter if she's a JO or your wife you have a responsibility to your child and to neglect your child simply because your dad did the same thing to you is not right.

and to the childreness fathers, may the law be on your side? I don't know what to say. But I do commend you for at least being concerned about your child(ren). Hope it all works out for the best with you and your BM's/situations.

For those on here that are old enough, ya'll should check out Big Brothers Big Sisters if you are interested in making an impact on a young child's life.

National research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentors have a direct and measurable impact on children's lives. By participating in our youth mentoring programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:

More confident in their schoolwork performance
Able to get along better with their families
46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
27% less likely to begin using alcohol
52% less likely to skip school.

http://www.bbbs.org/

Didn't mean to thread hijack but just thought that maybe something real positive could come out of this discussion. If anybody has any questions about what it's like to be one, feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by soltheman

My father wasn't around me for a majority of my childhood. For some of that, he wasn't helping either.

I'll be damned if I ever do the same to my children.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Not having your father around, or barely around, is not an excuse to do the same to your kids...dudes in this generation are { | }...man up and take responsibility.
pimp.gif

Very true words from you guys. It is very hard for me in my younger years, but I turned out ok!!!

I look at it as a blessing, im truly my own man. 19 years old never had a father figure and i'm one helluva guy

Originally Posted by cguy610

For those on here that are old enough, ya'll should check out Big Brothers Big Sisters if you are interested in making an impact on a young child's life.

National research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentors have a direct and measurable impact on children's lives. By participating in our youth mentoring programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:

More confident in their schoolwork performance
Able to get along better with their families
46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
27% less likely to begin using alcohol
52% less likely to skip school.

http://www.bbbs.org/

Didn't mean to thread hijack but just thought that maybe something real positive could come out of this discussion. If anybody has any questions about what it's like to be one, feel free to PM me.

Im glad you mentioned this. To all the folks bitter upset etc, still hurt about not having a father. If your mothers truly cared about you having positive male role models they would have had you participate in programs as such. So one can conclude maybe they just didnt want a male figure in there life period. Thus it wasnt just your father it was any man. Face it some woman feel/believe a father isnt of importance. And at a time again i reiterate father rights etc didnt exist, legally there was nothing they could do, and if a woman is fixated in her ways, and refuse to have a male influence in your life, there wasnt anything that could be done.

If you notice alot of people who grew up without fathers, mothers never had any long term success, relationship wise(long term bf/marriage). Let me guess. Its everyone else(every man is the problem)and they do not have the problem.

But in todays society as long as you love and care for your child, be patient, and have money, you can (no matter how much resistance of the mother) be apart of your childs life.

Back
Top Bottom