Nuggets should fire Karl and hire Larry Brown

1962185.jpg

pimp.gif

And he'll teach them how to play championship defense...

Personally, I've always felt that Larry Brown was an over-rated coach. He basically got his only NBA ring by inheriting a great Pistons team thatwould've likely won the title under Rick Carlisle.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Definitely, being as how him and Iverson are BFFs.

I'm sure Melo loves dude after the Summer Olympic disaster.

You can't FORCE players to play defense, especially when your team consists of players who are not known for playing good team defense (except Camby).

Its not that easy to just get a guy and veteran players will automatically LEARN out of the blue.

next three opponents = mavs warriors suns ... they have to beat the warriors, but 2 of 3 may just knock the mavericks out

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Personally, I've always felt that Larry Brown was an over-rated coach. He basically got his only NBA ring by inheriting a great Pistons team that would've likely won the title under Rick Carlisle.

You can make an argument for his title but his track record of turning terrible teams into playoff participants is undeniable (I'm not counting theKnicks since he wasn't given more than a year to change the losing culture).

George Karl isn't the problem. It's really a combination of Carmelo and Iverson demonstrating crap leadership at BOTH ENDS of the floor.

There is even a thread right now on NT talking about JR Smith's 7 fourth quarter threes last nigth AGAINST MEMPHIS. JR was a -5 for the game even despitescoring 25 points in the fourth quarter. This is a bad sign. He's not very good. He plays NO DEFENSE. He scores 30 and gives up 35. You can't win withthis.

There are some sensible Nugget fans on NT that seem to get the big picture. Melo has to grow up. Iverson has to think about lock down defense and avoidinggambling in the passing lane. JR Smith needs to be let go in free agency. It's going to get worse next season when the Blazers emerge with Oden. So theNuggets really need to do something amazing this offseason or they will be in exactly the same position they are now.

i think they just need a big lock down defender at PG who can guard SG's....it may sound funny, but i think larry hughes would be a perfect fit for thenuggets...he'd be able to guard SG's and let AI guard PG's..

Either that or karl needs to go back to the trapping D he had in seattle.

^ I think their former PG, Andre Miller, + Larry Brown would be more successful than the current PG/coach combo of Iverson + Karl.

No hate on Iverson, but I'm just not sure what kind of team is a perfect fit for him. He's among the best 2s in the game, but wants to be the 1wherever he goes.

Isiah (sp?) Thomas was an excellent scoring 1; what kind of team did the Pistons have back then? It was mainly a team built on defense, because 1 that canscore and get dirty (just like Iverson) is going to take care of the offense. So there were a bunch of guys that were excellent defenders, even if they weredirty about it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tz12789

Larry Brown is crap. seriously over rated.

I agree. I love how he just bounced from team to team and gave up on teams so quickly. It's like he had a love-hate relationship with the game orsomething.
He'd be better than George Karl though.

George Karl isn't the problem.

Goodness gracious you just don't get it. Its may not be 100% of Karl's fault at why the Nuggets are underachieving, but it damn sure is about 80%.Karl is ok with the team being mediocre. For that simple fact, that mindset rubs down on the players as well. Every time this year the Nuggets have had aroadtrip and finish it with a under 500 record on the trip, Karl has said that the team played fine on that trip. Also he quoted in the paper about a week agosaying that "the team is right where they want to be"......Hellooooo??? You're in 9th place in the west, outside of the playoffs, with your teamsstarting 5 consisting of 4/5 top 3 draft picks, there's no way in hell your team is right where they want to be. At the beginning of the season the teamsays they are shooting for 60+ wins, he says they're shooting for 55
laugh.gif
way to letyour team down coach. Anyway this offseason major moves wise, I think Camby & Karl will be gone. Yall are really starting to let Camby gas yall up with hisshot block total. He's a good off the ball defender, but he's not even the best overall defender on the team. Some nights he plays lazy as hell andgoes up soft missing lay-ups instead of dunking the ball.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Personally, I've always felt that Larry Brown was an over-rated coach. He basically got his only NBA ring by inheriting a great Pistons team that would've likely won the title under Rick Carlisle.

exactly. rick carlisle got fired for winning 50 games....thats unheard of.
smh.gif

ehhhhh

The problem with Larry Brown is that he gets too picky and there are times where it seems he can't make up his mind. There's just something wrong withthat guy's personality that i can't really specifically say. He had a bad relationship with the owner of the pistons. And I'm not even going tocomment on the Knicks
roll.gif

larry brown is overrated in my eyes...

smart man though, sign with a team for loads of money and just get a buyout. easy way to become a millionaire and get a good portion of that money for workingone year instead of the rest of the contract (course i'm talking about that knicks ordeal).

Back
Top Bottom