Oakland Raiders fans

Oh wait I'm on Niketalk,

You guys are just stat whoring again
laugh.gif

DHB > Crabtree, Maclin or Harvin (although why even compare Harvin?) for what we need...right away

there's nothing wrong with DHB as a player. he has crazy potential. i don't necessarily see anything about Crabtree over Maclin that makes them anybetter than DHB.

the only dumb thing the Raiders did was picking him at #7.. nobody else was pressed to pick him for the next 10 or so picks.. they just wasted their money, isall. and lost a possible extra pick or player they could have acquired by allowing someone else to trade up for Crabby.

the Raiders are a dumb and wasteful organization... i'm glad DHB got paid, but i'm mad he had to go to such a stupid team...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

there's nothing wrong with DHB as a player. he has crazy potential. i don't necessarily see anything about Crabtree over Maclin that makes them any better than DHB.

the only dumb thing the Raiders did was picking him at #7.. nobody else was pressed to pick him for the next 10 or so picks.. they just wasted their money, is all. and lost a possible extra pick or player they could have acquired by allowing someone else to trade up for Crabby.

the Raiders are a dumb and wasteful organization... i'm glad DHB got paid, but i'm mad he had to go to such a stupid team...
smh.gif

Exactly....

Imagine being a fan.

You guys are crazy if you're really picking apart drafting the guy @ 7 as opposed to trading down

It may seem easy/sensible to you guys, BUT IT ISN'T

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

there's nothing wrong with DHB as a player. he has crazy potential. i don't necessarily see anything about Crabtree over Maclin that makes them any better than DHB.

the only dumb thing the Raiders did was picking him at #7.. nobody else was pressed to pick him for the next 10 or so picks.. they just wasted their money, is all. and lost a possible extra pick or player they could have acquired by allowing someone else to trade up for Crabby.

smh.gif

Exactly....

Imagine being a fan.
well the way the draft been going ...it doesn't seem that dumb ...rey rey drop down to 2nd round...and few player rated 2nd round got pickedin the 1st round ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by AG 47

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with DHB as a player. he has crazy potential. i don't necessarily see anything about Crabtree over Maclin that makes them any
better than DHB.

the only dumb thing the Raiders did was picking him at #7.. nobody else was
pressed to pick him for the next 10 or so picks.. they just wasted their money, is all. and lost a possible extra pick or player they could have acquired by
allowing someone else to trade up for Crabby.

the Raiders are a dumb and wasteful organization... i'm glad DHB got paid, but i'm mad
he had to go to such a stupid team...
smh.gif

Exactly....

Imagine being a fan.
well the way the draft been going ...it doesn't seem that dumb ...rey rey drop down to 2nd round...and few player rated 2nd round got picked in the 1st round ...
laugh.gif

True, but I'm certain nobody in the top 20 had DHB on their draft board. The only thing that makes sense is that the Raiders couldn't find a trade downpartner.

But according to Cable's interview, it seems like they never tried. Anyways, that's history now...can't be too upset at that.

I just hope the rest of the draft goes something like this:

2nd round - Mike Johnson
3rd round - Chip Vaughn
4th - Vollmer

Son of a @@**@ Al.
laugh.gif
Are we seriously only looking at 40 times.

Clearly Chip Vaughn is the better safety between him and Mitchell.

We need a DE.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

who teh %@## is michael mitchell???????????
probably the next stu schweigert

That's a safe bet. I hella wanted Chip Vaughn...

Lord knows who we're going with in the 3rd.

But a disappointing draft after a semi-rational offseason.

i know people might be mad, but dhb was a good pick. i'm a umd fan so i've watched dhb play the last 3 years:

as you already know, he has blazing speed.
his hands are better than people think. i don't get this troy williamson comparison at all. they're both fast, that's it. dhb is better routerunner, has better hands, and a better athlete.

yes, he was held catchless a couple times last year, really wasn't his fault. our offensive line was awful and we had a qb with a very weak arm which wasno good for dhb since he is a verticle threat.

he'll be very good in the pros. i'm excited to see him shine

as a university of maryland fan i was really happy for him. but as a 49er fan, boy was i glad they passed on crabtree

his hands are better than people think. i don't get this troy williamson comparison at all. they're both fast, that's it. dhb is better route runner, has better hands, and a better athlete.

exactly, he is nothing like Troy Willliamson. the only comparison is that they are both fast, and that's where it stops. you don't know what you'retalking about if you compare his playing style/ability to Troy Williamson.

Originally Posted by kayZEEzay

I'm just happy it wasn't Crabtree, last thing we need is another Porter or Moss.
let me help you out

Spoiler [+]
but since you even tried to play moss off as a bum
2i9trx3.gif
you got to get out have a nice day

It may have been a reach but I like DHB being the best WR in this class. Crabtree is going to be good but he's not going to be a premeire receiver.He's not Megatron, or Fitz, or Andre Johnson, etc. He's not that big, he's not that fast and he hasn't shown he can play against physicaldefenses and on a team that doesnt throw 45+ times a game.

DHB is the fastest player in the draft, has a lot better hands than people give him credit for, and would have been the unanimous #1 receiver this year if hewould have played on a team with a consistant QB, or a team with a decent OL or a team that utilized him the way he should have been. If you watched Marylandfootball you would understand why he was held with no catches in two games. The rest of the team for the most part is not that great and disgustinglyinconsistent.

men i can't believe this %!$%*@#$ i was a lil pissed i wanted the raiders to improve this year like what the !#!+ i was a lil pissed off 2

roll.gif
roll.gif

The Raiders picked DHB, which was a reach.....but when they picked Mitchell, I thought of this.

I could picture Raider fans having this convo with Al Davis...

roll.gif
Ya'll Raider fans could tell each other whatever you want, the picksmade by this organization gave me a good laugh.

Originally Posted by oANONYMOUS1o

roll.gif
roll.gif

The Raiders picked DHB, which was a reach.....but when they picked Mitchell, I thought of this.

I could picture Raider fans having this convo with Al Davis...

roll.gif
Ya'll Raider fans could tell each other whatever you want, the picks made by this organization gave me a good laugh.

+#%$ you

Raiders get second coming of Lott-Tatum

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 at 6:33 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Tom Cable said he didn't want to put too much pressure on second-round draft pick Mike Mitchell, but then went ahead and did it anyway, comparing hi****ting ability to Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum.

So the Raiders got a wide receiver who is the next Randy Moss, and a safety to be compared with with two of the most fearsome hitters of all time.
And of course, the Raiders got exactly who they wanted.
In this case, there is no reason to doubt them.
Mitchell, until a few weeks ago, was so obscure he doesn't have a bio listed on the NFL Draft Tracker on NFL.com or on the extensive list by compiled bySportsxchange. The Sportsxchange lists 30 prospects at free safety and 32 at strong safety, and Mitchell's name is not listed. There are 728 prospect inall, and Mitchel lis not listed.
Mel Kiper Jr.'s pre-draft book lists him as the 40th-ranked safety.
The Raiders didn't even have a biography to pass out before Cable met with the press.
But Mitchell, as Cable indicated, did pick up steam. He visited 15 teams, and the Chicago Bears were believed to be particularly interested.
At his Pro Day workout, Mitchell was 6-foot, 221 pounds, ran a 4.43 40-yard dash, had 21 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and had a 37.5 inch verticalleap.
"A very, very physical guy," Cable said. And it just so happens he can fly. Another good pick for us."
A conference call with Mitchell is to follow.

Back
Top Bottom