Oakland Raiders fans

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

http://www.youtube.com/v/i8KF2-_OXo...2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

BEAST!!!!

pimp.gif

Mel Kiper really disappointed me not knowing about this kid...

put me in pads, ill knock defenseless dudes out all day.
laugh.gif

ill wait to see if this guy can tackle, cover and play run defense before i pass judgement. it was just dumb to take the guy so early when they could havewaited another round or 2. at least they traded back 7 spots to do it.

+#%$ you
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Raider fans, tell yourselves what you want to make you feel better,
laugh.gif
. I will give you DHB, he is a reach but he is talented and might pan out. Michael Mitchell may be the second coming of Jack Tatum (
laugh.gif
, I couldn't type that with a straight face). It doesn't change thefact that no one knew who the @@%$ he was, and they could have probably had the steal of the century (You know, Jack Tatum part II
laugh.gif
), somewhere along the 6th or 7th round.

There is a reason the Raiders are the Raiders (*cough* laughingstock *cough*) and the Patriots are the Patriots. Don't tell me about no damn tuck rule.

Based on the highlight video...which is what Al Davis and Tom Cable probably seen prior to the draft...dude reads the QB pretty well, and can obviouslyhit...but still...2nd round?
smh.gif
I have no problem with DHB or the Mitchell pick, but we could've easily traded down and aquired more picks and still gotthese guys...

it hurts cuz i was at a bar with nothin but steeler fans and i was the only raider fan and when tha pick was called i had to leave everybody was laughing ntalkin junk n almost got in a fight. I HATE THE STEELERS
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Based on the highlight video...which is what Al Davis and Tom Cable probably seen prior to the draft...dude reads the QB pretty well, and can obviously hit...but still...2nd round?
smh.gif
I have no problem with DHB or the Mitchell pick, but we could've easily traded down and aquired more picks and still got these guys...
i thinks thats his biggest problem(based off that highlight video)

he reads the eyes of the QB WAAAAAAAAAAY to much

if a QB look him off and hit him with the pump fake then go to the other side that dude is DONE

the dude was just readin the QB for like 2secs then would go flyin at who evers in the area
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gregory House

laugh.gif

Any team not named the Detroit Lions > Raiders
wrong, these dudes suck. and they've never done *%!!. At least the raiders have a very storied history

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by Gregory House

laugh.gif

wrong, these dudes suck. and they've never done *%!!. At least the raiders have a very storied history

yeah the raiders are the, "team of the decades" although green bay was the team of the 60's, pittsburgh was the team of the 70's, the49ers were the team of the 80's
pimp.gif
, dallas was the team of the90's and the patriots have been the team of the 00's *

even raider fans gotta admit al davis was delusional for making those stupid team of the decades shirts

that being said regardless of my negative opinion of the raiders and most of their fans as an overall franchise in terms of success the raiders > mostteams in the nfl

Im almost speechless about this pick!
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif

His name is cool though
laugh.gif
"Heyward-Bey"

As bad as I want to argue that...Your right bruh we been takin Ls like redmans tour bus.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

even raider fans gotta admit al davis was delusional for making those stupid team of the decades shirts
Man we're the first to admit that Davis is, was, and forever will be delusional. And not just that instance, he's delusional about everygod damn thing. The man wont die either... he just wont
frown.gif

It's like he's Cotton Hill and the fans are Peggy
smh.gif

Originally Posted by oANONYMOUS1o

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Raider fans, tell yourselves what you want to make you feel better,
laugh.gif
. I will give you DHB, he is a reach but he is talented and might pan out. Michael Mitchell may be the second coming of Jack Tatum (
laugh.gif
, I couldn't type that with a straight face). It doesn't change the fact that no one knew who the @@%$ he was, and they could have probably had the steal of the century (You know, Jack Tatum part II
laugh.gif
), somewhere along the 6th or 7th round.

There is a reason the Raiders are the Raiders (*cough* laughingstock *cough*) and the Patriots are the Patriots. Don't tell me about no damn tuck rule.

And this type of thinking is why you can only dream of living in the NFL world & not actually be part of it
laugh.gif

The Raiders are turning things around, FAST. The type of coaching cycle they went through would hurt any franchise, but they've still been stockpilingtalent. And Cable is there to stay. For a loooong time.

The Raiders TRADED DOWN and still got Mitchell, all while acquiring a 4th & 6th round pick along the way. Mitchell in the past few weeks has been rising updraft boards, the Raiders would have continued trading down but took him where they felt best. Also, keep in mind, Alphonso Smith WAS the pick until the DenverBroncos traded up and got him. They did NOT want the same scenario happening, and it was likely since tons of teams knew they liked DHB - took him early, andtons of teams knew they LOVED Mitchell - and he was most likely going early.

Get a clue before you go posting giant L's and a bunch of "
laugh.gif
"'s

75% of this thread is full of people calling Al Davis delusional (that's a pure media created persona) and not understanding ANYTHING about the NFL behindthe scenes - not just on Sunday
sick.gif

He has all the damn measurables, but none of the production...

he has questionable hands (troy williamson), doesnt run good routes (troy williamson), dont know how he can get off the line (troy williamson)

troy williamson 2.0

i really do hope he works out tho...
aint nothin about troy williamson similar accept they fast.

DHB is physical and has moves. hes not straighjt line speed. he's agile with it

Yall quick to mash the pic cuz Mel and todd mcshay love Crabtree, but if u put DHB in texas tech offense he woulda had 1800 recieving yards and would never hadbeen walkked from behind on screen passes the way Crabtree was. u put crab at maryland, hed do same numbers as DHB

everyone suckin crabtree @@!% but he played in the biggest gimmick offense in NCAA History
[table][tr][td]Receiving[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Y/G[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Michael Crabtree[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]1165[/td] [td]89.6[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]19[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Detron Lewis[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]913[/td] [td]70.2[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Eric Morris[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]771[/td] [td]59.3[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

3 wrs with over 70 receptions and around 10 - 12 yrds per catch
97 receptions and barely over 1000 yards vs mainly zone coverage.
sick.gif

DHB played with one of the worst QBs in the NCAA last yr.

He aint as polished but he didnt benefit from inflated stats.

smh.gif

*edit
Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

his hands are better than people think. i don't get this troy williamson comparison at all. they're both fast, that's it. dhb is better route runner, has better hands, and a better athlete.

exactly, he is nothing like Troy Willliamson. the only comparison is that they are both fast, and that's where it stops. you don't know what you're talking about if you compare his playing style/ability to Troy Williamson.

I missed that my 1st time thru the thread. Co-sign

Mitchell is very explosive
eek.gif
I gottasee more!

Son is a PROBLEM!!!!!
everyone sayin that was a dumb pick, go look up rashard johnsons hilights, then Will Moores then Louis Delmas,

tell me who's play was more impressive.
then ask urself who else those other guys are playin with.
Mitchell covered up about 6 mistakes by himself. and he HAWKED dude
pimp.gif

The Raiders are turning things around, FAST. The type of coaching cycle they went through would hurt any franchise, but they've still been stockpiling talent. And Cable is there to stay. For a loooong time.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

raider fans having been saying that crap for how long now? year after year after year its the same ++*%%%% hot trash CRAP with its are year

i dont care if u want DHB over crabtree. TRADE ++*%%%% BACK TO PICK HIM FOOLS

75% of this thread is full of people calling Al Davis delusional (that's a pure media created persona) and not understanding ANYTHING about the NFL behind the scenes - not just on Sunday
go sit the !%*@ down u ++*%%%% clown *+@ bum

what the !%*@ has al davis done the past few years for ANYONE to give him a pass on what he did today? NOT A GOD DAMN THING.

right ++*%%%% now 90% of the people that post on S&T can run the raiders better then stupid *+@ al davis

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
4a. Tyvon Branch, DB, Connecticut
4b. Arman Shields, WR, Richmond
6. Trevor Scott, DE, Buffalo
7. Chaz Schilens, WR, San Diego State

1. JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
2. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
3a. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
3b. Mario Henderson, OL, Florida State
3c. Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
4a. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
4b. John Bowie, CB, Cincinnati
5a. Jay Richardson, DE, Ohio State
5b. Eric Frampton, S, Washington State
6. Oren O'Neal, FB, Arkansas State
7. Jonathan Holland, WR, Louisiana Tech
1. Michael Huff, S, Texas
2. Thomas Howard, LB, Texas-El Paso
3. Paul McQuistan, OL, Weber State
4. Darnell Bing, S, USC
6. Kevin Boothe, OL, Cornell
7a. Chris Morris, C, Michigan State
7b. Kevin McMahan, WR, Maine

1. Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska
2. Stanford Routt, CB, Houston
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]3a. Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona State
3b. Kirk Morrison, LB, San Diego State
6a. Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
6b. Ryan Riddle, LB, California
6c. Pete McMahon, OT, Iowa
1. Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa
2. Jake Grove, C, Virginia Tech
3. Stuart Schweigert, S, Purdue
4. Carlos Francis, WR, Texas Tech
5. Johnnie Morant, WR, Syracuse
6a. Shawn Johnson, DE, Delaware
6b. Cody Spencer, LB, North Texas
7a. Courtney Anderson, TE, San Jose State

1a. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, California
1b. Tyler Brayton, DE, Colorado
2. Teyo Johnson, TE, Stanford
3a. Sam Williams, DE, Fresno State
3b. Justin Fargas, RB, USC
4. Shurron Pierson, LB, South Florida
5. Doug Gabriel, WR, Central Florida
6. Dustin Rykert, T, BYU
7a. Sideeq Shabazz, S, New Mexico State
7b. Ryan Hoag, WR Gustavus Adolphus

thats all davis draf picks over the last 5 years. u can count on 1 hand how many of those players are having a impact on the ++*%%%% raiders

learn football before u talk %@#*!$*

Oh, and just for laughs...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
TTTTTHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE RRRRRAAAAAIIIIDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHZZZZZZZ
pimp.gif

Safety Mike Mitchell expected to be selected by Chicago Bears

By Vaughn McClure

The surprise pick of the second round was Ohio University safety Mike Mitchell going to the Raiders with the 47th overall selection, two slots before the Bears were supposed to pick.

Our friend David White from the San Francisco Chronicle, who covers the Raiders, informed us that Mitchell expected to go to the Bears at No.49. The Raiders traded down from No. 40, swapping with the New England Patriots.

``I thought I was going to Chicago because they had told me to stay close to my phone,'' Mitchell told Oakland-area reporters. ``When they did that, I was like, `Ok, I'm going to be a Chicago Bear.' That's what I was thinking.''

Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said he was looking at a defensive player before shipping the pick to Seattle for a third-rounder and a fourth-rounder. Angelo would not reveal the name of that defensive player.

The Bears also wanted Ohio State receiver Brian Robiskie, who went to Cleveland early in the second round.

Wide receiver and safety remain positions of need as the Bears enter Day 2 of the draft armed with nine picks.
http://www.raiderfans.net...ed-by-chicago-bears.html

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
WOW WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!

And we all know the Bears are one of the more elite teams at finding great/hidden defensive players in the draft
pimp.gif

Uter, Im wit you on Mitchell.

pimp.gif

Its the "in thing" to pile on cus a name may not be familiar but dude is definitely legit.
If Mel and Todd had been mentionin dude, there woulda been no "
laugh.gif
"

``I thought I was going to Chicago because they had told me to stay close to my phone,'' Mitchell told Oakland-area reporters. ``When they did that, I was like, `Ok, I'm going to be a Chicago Bear.' That's what I was thinking.''

Bengals to work out sleeper safety prospect
Hot Topics

Ohio University cornerback Mark Parson may have been the one hand-picked by future Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders to come train with him at Prime U, apre-NFL combine camp, but teammate safety Michael Mitchell is proving to be the crown jewel of the Bobcats' secondary.

The Cincinnati Bengals are among several teams wanting to get a closer look at the hard-hitting strong safety before draft day.

Mitchell will have a private workout with the Bengals on April 14 and on the same day will fly to Cleveland to visit the Browns. A day later he'll travelto Oakland to meet with the Raiders. Mitchell has met with at least four other teams since his Pro Day March 12.

The 6-foot-1, 221-pound Mitchell opened some eyes when he ripped it up at the school's pro day. He ran a 4.4 in the40-yard dash and knocked out 22 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He posted a 37.5-inch vertical and recorded a 10-foot-3 inch broad jump.

Mitchell was unable to perform the shuttle runs or do positional drills due to a pulled hamstring which he sustained during his first 40 run. The 10 teams inattendance apparently liked what they saw but want to see more.

That's where Ignition Athletics Performance Group in Mason, Ohio comes into play.

Mitchell appears to be another one of those prospects like UC's Connor Barwin who is training at Ignition and storming upteam's draft boards. It must be something in the water there in Mason.

Clif Marshall, Performance Director at Ignition, has been working with the safety on position drills preparing him for his workouts with NFL teams.

"Michael is one of the most impressive guys that we've had here in our program," Marshall said. "When he comes into work his demeanor is allbusiness. He attacks all his workouts and drills. The hamstring is good. He is committed to rehabbing hours each day and is a tough guy who will be ready forhis workouts.

"Michael's combination of size, speed and ability on the field is what makes him an intriguing prospect. He's not one of these guys who will justtest well. You have four years of film to watch him in action. I believe that's what makes him so attractive to teams."

Mitchell is extremely physical and packs a wallop when delivering the blow. He's a sure-tackler, wraps up well,outstanding playing inside the box, can play deep middle or in zone coverage. He is fluid in his back pedal, smooth in transition and shows good overalltechnique.

Mitchell has very good ball skills and speed to play anywhere in the secondary. He has the ability to cover slot receiversand tight ends displaying exceptional cover skills. He's an opportunistic defender leading the team with three interceptions in addition to five passbreakups and two forced fumbles last season. He was also an impact player on special teams.

Mitchell is an explosive player with a linebacker's mentality, good study habits, highly intelligent and vocal leader.

According Bobcat defensive coordinator/safeties Coach Jimmy Burrow, Mitchell improved in all areas of his weaknesses throughout his four year career at Ohio. The coach describes Mitchell as being in the same mode of longtime NFL safety John Lynch with his playing style.

Improving stock

Once considered an undrafted free agent by NFL scouts, Mitchell's draft stock is on the rise and now has a legitimate shotof hearing his name called on Day 2 of the draft. I had one scout tell me that Mitchell could be a guy like Indianapolis Colts safety Antoine Bethea, who was alittle-known safety out of Howard University, but was selected in the sixth round by the Colts in 2006. Bethea was an impact player as a rookie for Indy. TheColts are among the teams showing interest in the safety.

Although Mitchell wasn't invited to the Combine, he is being looked at heavily by teams as we approach draft day. Mitchell has earned the label as the best kept secret safety prospect entering the draft.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Uter, Im wit you on Mitchell.

pimp.gif

Its the "in thing" to pile on cus a name may not be familiar but dude is definitely legit.
If Mel and Todd had been mentionin dude, there woulda been no "
laugh.gif
"

Bears woulda been SICK with this Kid.

Gunna,
laugh.gif
...I wondered if someone that has ties to the game would actually see this thread and be able to give a half way decent reply...so far I'veonly seen a few,

I'm not even gonna read through dudes reply above between our two posts about Mitchell - all I see is cussin'
laugh.gif

Back to Mitchell though - I am HYPED, that vid sold me - how the hell is ESPN not gonna have vid on this kid but over on another forum we had his highlightsup in seconds?
laugh.gif
You're right about Mel though - and that shocked methat he didn't know him like I said on the page before (I posted some Q & A's with Mitchell and DHB) ...

Mitchell single handedly beat Wyoming when they faced em TWICE in back to back years - dude was all over the place, EVERY DAMN PLAY and you'd think theydlearn the 2nd time around

Tom Cable is one of the best coaches to come along for an organization in awhile, I would love to get on his staff eventually, his dedication to the Raiders isamazing - and the way he talks up his players? Well I know you played, you can tell me how much you'd love hearin that from your coach
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Yall quick to mash the pic cuz Mel and todd mcshay love Crabtree, but if u put DHB in texas tech offense he woulda had 1800 recieving yards and would never had been walkked from behind on screen passes the way Crabtree was. u put crab at maryland, hed do same numbers as DHB

everyone suckin crabtree @@!% but he played in the biggest gimmick offense in NCAA History
What does a style of offense have anything to do with catching the ball in the air and running with it afterwards? Crabtree has the best hands inthe draft and that has nothing to do with what offense he's playing in. I know you're doing your best to defend the Raiders pick and that's allgood for a loyal fan to do but don't try to act like DHB is a better player than Crabtree because he's not
smh.gif

Also, none of the draft experts thought the Raiders were getting Crabtree so I'm confused why everyone is wondering why they didn't. Everyone suspectedtheir guy was gonna be Maclin.

I know you're doing your best to defend the Raiders pick and that's all good for a loyal fan to do but don't try to act like DHB is a better player than Crabtree because he's not
smh.gif

thats gunna that fool ant no raiders fan
laugh.gif
but it is 3am his time and heon his 3rd bottle of henny
laugh.gif

? 1st. I am not a Raiders fan. not even remotely close.
what does style of offense have to do with it... stop it man, dont be naive or blinded by your 49er logo because u guys drafted crabtree.

Uter, I editted my post, read the article I posted about Mitchell
pimp.gif

I only stopped in here cus I couldnt sleep so I decided to read what I figured was an entertaining thread
laugh.gif
boy was I right

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Man we're the first to admit that Davis is, was, and forever will be delusional. And not just that instance, he's delusional about every god damn thing. The man wont die either... he just wont
frown.gif

It's like he's Cotton Hill and the fans are Peggy
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at the cotton peggy analogy.

Back
Top Bottom