roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

LMAO @ everybody going in on BigMike23/Pac10OWNsSEC/whatever his other SN is

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but what did i say wrong dre?

he listed players that ant even going to play on the raiders next year, a 1st round bust that SUCKS **@ and a RB that will proably be 3rd string this year

I don't know what all the hate is for. Heyward-Bey is considered one of the top receivers in the draft. There is a few reasons why we took him with the 7thpick.

1. Crabtree did not want to play for the Raiders organization for whatever reason, we all know Oakland gets the rep of being a dysfunctional organization.Oakland did not want to go this route again, already went through this with a receiver by the name of Randy Moss.

2. Bey could have still been there later in the round, but you can only trade down if someone is willing to trade with you. New York already traded up to grabSanchez, there were no other players that a team wanted or needed to jump up to 7 to get.

3. For those that think even Maclin or Harvin would have been the better pick, Bey was going to be in the top 2 wide outs picked period. He has too much upsidewith his size and abilities.

I too was a little shocked, thought we would have picked Monroe and got a wide out in the 2nd, but all the top prospects were taken in the 1st! Since Bey wastheir guy they made the right move.

Came in here to see what Gunna had to say about Mitchell Michael, and saw this %@$% storm...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

but what did i say wrong dre?

he listed players that ant even going to play on the raiders next year, a 1st round bust that SUCKS **@ and a RB that will proably be 3rd string this year
I mean... Getting one or two players out of every draft isn't exactly killin it...
ohwell.gif

I was stunned with Mitchell for no reason other than I ain't seen his name ANYWHERE on draft boards, not just Mel and McShay... I ain't seen him ratedanywhere near where they picked him, so it came outta left field... If the stuff about the Bears and other teams being interested is true, they did what theyhad to do...

But let's not act like Al Davis is out here showin the league how you draft football players... Drafting 11 players that contribute to your football teamin the last 5 years (some of which aren't even there anymore) isn't exactly a good track record...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Based on the information we had about mitchell at the time of the pick... it seemed bad... now after everything that's coming out it seems much more reasonable.

But the DHB pick was still a bad pick, not because of who it was... but because we picked him at #7. We definitely could have traded down to the late teens & still been able to pick him up there...

That's my only problem with the pick... but the raiders are definitely looking up... i just don't see DHB as a true #1 receiver... a very good #2... but not a true #1.

Look up the Raiders draft history...we never trade down. Like I seriously can't remember a time we traded down. So you're right, we could havedefinitely traded down
and still got him. I felt the same way, but you had a straight panic attack right after the pick
laugh.gif
. "I quit being a Raider fan. I'm done" andall that. Like you should be
more than use to poor management decisions. After a day of letting the draft hoopla settle, I'm glad you and others can see our draft isn't as bad aspreviously thought.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

don't recognize your name but you have to be one of the most ignorant mother %@!$*%! I've ever seen post. Your whole demeanor is laugh worthy.

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
6. Trevor Scott, DE, Buffalo

2. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
3c. Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
4a. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville

2. Thomas Howard, LB, Texas-El Paso

3b. Kirk Morrison, LB, San Diego State

2004 1. Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa
2. Jake Grove, C, Virginia Tech

1a. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, California
3b. Justin Fargas, RB, USC

*Chaz Schilens made a grip of plays the last quarter of the season
*Trevor Shield made plays last year
*5. Doug Gabriel made a surprising amount of play in his stint here

I mean honestly blud, you should just shut your mouth. It's obvious you harness a lot of hate for the Raiders, its OK we get it. Just don't make yourself look like a $%$*!$$ %#@*++% say stupid #%%+ about a team you know nothing about.
laugh.gif

No it's not the best recent draft history in the L but it's for damn sure not the worse, but honestly it's better (and more likely) you don't know #%%+ about the team and just say #%%+ for shock value. At least then you're just a jack @@% that maybe still knows a little bit about football.
i said impact on the raiders right now. if u count some of them players having a impact then IDK what to tell ya

Trevor Scott led all rookie sack leaders last year with 5. How is that not an impact?

Darren McFadden is still Darren McFadden and at 100%, he's putting up 5-6 yards a touch. How is that not an impact?

Chaz Schilens has shown his potential as a #2 WR. Great size, good speed and solid hands. Became another target for J Russ. How is that not an impact?

Zach Miller is a great TE. With a better O-line, he'll prove his worth every game. How is that not an impact?

Johnnie Lee Higgins set a single season record for punt return TD's in Raider history. How is that not an impact?

Michael Bush has great vision and a fluid running style that perfectly compliments McFadden. Will be used more. How is that not an impact?

As you can see, that's not even a fraction of the players drafted. So don't make it seem like we've just had crap drafts every year.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

? 1st. I am not a Raiders fan. not even remotely close.
what does style of offense have to do with it... stop it man, dont be naive or blinded by your 49er logo because u guys drafted crabtree.
I didn't even realize you were gunna I just figured only a raiders fan could defend the pick
laugh.gif
I'm not blinded by my love for the 49ers, I've known Crabtree was thebest WR in the draft before this draft started and at that point I definitely didn't think the 49ers would get him. Maclin's great too and the Raiderswouldn't have been dumb to take him but most people agree DHB was a reach. And like EB14 said, if the raiders really wanted him they should've tradedthe pick to someone that wanted Crabtree and move down. But for all we know they didn't have any buyers. Oh and you didn't tell me what style ofoffense has to do with it, other than boosting his stats.

I'll use the Atlanta Falcons in June Jones Run n shoot offense in the NFL to try and explain to u how a system impacts WR stats

Terrance Mathis with the Jets a complete scrub, then when he got to the run n shoot offense in Atlanta...

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]Rec[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]Y/R[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]R/G[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]Y/A[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]A/G[/th] [th=""]YScm[/th] [th=""]RRTD[/th] [th=""]Fmb[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]NYJ[/td] [td]RET[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]254[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]NYJ[/td] [td]RET[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]329[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]20.6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]348[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]NYJ[/td] [td]RET[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]316[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]341[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]NYJ[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]352[/td] [td]14.7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]22.0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]372[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994*[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]111[/td] [td]1342[/td] [td]12.1[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]83.9[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1342[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Bert Emmanuel started in Run and Shoot, left and became a scrub ... hmm
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]Rushing[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]Rec[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]Y/R[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]R/G[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]Y/A[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]A/G[/th] [th=""]YScm[/th] [th=""]RRTD[/th] [th=""]Fmb[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]649[/td] [td]14.1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]40.6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]653[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]1039[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]64.9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]1039[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]921[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]65.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]921[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]991[/td] [td]15.2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]61.9[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]991[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]TAM[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]636[/td] [td]15.5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]57.8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]647[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]TAM[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]10.8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]21.6[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]132[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]-0.7[/td] [td]-0.2[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]130[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2TM[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]246[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]30.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]246[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
eric metcalf was a very good football player, but when moved to the run n shoot in 1995 in Atlanta he put up
eek.gif
numbers
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Rushing[/th] [th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]Y/A[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]A/G[/th] [th=""]Rec[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]Y/R[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]R/G[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]YScm[/th] [th=""]RRTD[/th] [th=""]Fmb[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1989[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]633[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]39.6[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]397[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]24.8[/td] [td]1030[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]15.5[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]452[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]28.3[/td] [td]700[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]RET[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]107[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]13.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]294[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]36.8[/td] [td]401[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]rb[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]301[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]18.8[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]614[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]38.4[/td] [td]915[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993*+[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]611[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]38.2[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]539[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]33.7[/td] [td]1150[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994*[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]329[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]20.6[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]436[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]27.3[/td] [td]765[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]133[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]1189[/td] [td]11.4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]74.3[/td] [td]1322[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][/table]

thats how a system inflates how WRs numbers

those numbers would give the appearance that these were some of the best WRs in the NFL when in actuality, they are/were nowhere near the best, they justhappened to be in a system that allowed them to run free

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

? 1st. I am not a Raiders fan. not even remotely close.

what does style of offense have to do with it... stop it man, dont be naive or blinded by your 49er logo because u guys drafted crabtree.
I didn't even realize you were gunna I just figured only a raiders fan could defend the pick
laugh.gif
I'm not blinded by my love for the 49ers, I've known Crabtree was the best WR in the draft before this draft started and at that point I definitely didn't think the 49ers would get him. Maclin's great too and the Raiders wouldn't have been dumb to take him but most people agree DHB was a reach. And like EB14 said, if the raiders really wanted him they should've traded the pick to someone that wanted Crabtree and move down. But for all we know they didn't have any buyers. Oh and you didn't tell me what style of offense has to do with it, other than boosting his stats.

Think about it. A WR playing in a pro-style offense is going to be use to the type of play in the NFL, moreso than someone in a spread offense. The spreadoffense
is unrealistic in the NFL. In a pro-style offense, a WR is going to run routes more similar to those in the pro's...it's in the name. So that type ofoffense will prepare
a WR for the next level better than a spread offense.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

laugh.gif
If the Raiders didn't pick this guy he probably wouldn't have even scratched the first round, unreal

see thats just dumb bro. he wouldnt have made it to the second round at all

niner fan here ...and i think raider actually did very well in this draft ...Al Davis drafted what fit his team...and its SPEED ...now imagine if they havesome discipline in that team ..they will be the fastest and most talented team in the NFL
eek.gif
eek.gif
...Tom Cable just gotta put all those pieces together..
laugh.gif

I get that his stats were inflated by the style of offense but that has nothing to do with him having the best hands in the draft and the things he did once hehad the ball in his hands. Everyone knows about the style of offense and how different it is from the NFL but he was still the second best player in the draftaccording to the "draft experts", so were they all fooled by the Texas Tech offense?

From what you're saying I take it you're expecting Crabtree to be a bust or at least come no where near the expectations most people have for him. Ihave to disagree. I'm not gonna say he's gonna be the next TO for us before he's even stepped onto the practice field but I don't see himsucking either.

Yes, I expect Crabtree to be a bum
seriously, what did he do with the ball in his hands? where did he just pull away from folks? where did he make mind blowing moves?
If he's an All Pro I will gladly come back and say, he fooled me. but I dont believe he will be even remotely good.

i3allistic wrote:
niner fan here ...and i think raider actually did very well in this draft ...Al Davis drafted what fit his team...and its SPEED ...now imagine if they have some discipline in that team ..they will be the fastest and most talented team in the NFL
eek.gif
eek.gif
...Tom Cable just gotta put all those pieces together..
laugh.gif

Cable will put the pieces together, he seem to be doing it towards the end of the season last year...with Lane Kiffin's coaching staff and playbook...hehad the players playing hard too so we are turning things in the right direction...

Based upon the news of the Bears I'm glad we took Mitchell when we did, and I was pretty upset at the Crabtree decision when I first heard the news aswell...reading that Cable interview made me open my eyes a little more...I trust Cable more than I have any of the other coach's we've had over theyears...

DHB and Crabtree will be compared to for years now, especially since he is right across the Bay...

I still say we should've tried to get Anquan Boldin though
ohwell.gif

Pac10Owns or whatever your s/n is - I'm thinkin you're the Ironman guy I quoted earlier, look,
Nah, that ain't, but you're *%% needs to fall the !$%@ back.

That is why I hate talking to Raider fans, 'cause they always have their Raider blinders on, and can't see through all the !%!#%$@* that the Silver& Black keep force feeding down their throats.

Gunna, I know they are drafting for "their system", let's face it dawg, their system is busted, it isn't working and they are still trying torun it. It is like continuing the same economic policies while the economy is in the gutter. That is where the Raiders are, in the gutter, in the weak *%%AFC West.

These Raider fans, are talking up Cable,
laugh.gif
. Dude is just a pawn in AlDavis' game. All of a sudden he is a savior.

Last year, they drafted DMac. He is talented, loved what he did in Arkansas, but did they need him? No way, RB was not a need that the Raiders had. Yet, AlDavis, because he hasn't croaked, wanted DMAC.

You post this sloppy list and proceed to tell someone to "shut your mouth" and call him ignorant.
laugh.gif
, the irony and audacity of "Raider Nation",
laugh.gif

I'm the first to call ignorance on Big Mikes part, but he finally makes a point and ya'll blast him,
laugh.gif

Fargas was a steal in 2003 and he rewarde you with a 1K season in 2007, Bush was a steal in 2007. Then McFadden comes along, Fargas production goes down whileBush and DMac are good for less than 500 yds each. I'm not saying they are not talented individuals, because they are very talented. However, what goodis DMac if you are only making him a part time RB.

Don't even put Robert Gallery up there, he is a bust. Hindsight is 20/20 though and at the time it seemed like Gallery was a good pick at no. 2.

Asomougha aside, the Raiders have more busts than a museum.

Ya'll dudes sayin' that Browns fans have no room to talk, at least they know where they stand. Raider Nation still thinks they are on top. Nobody ishating on the Raiders anymore, they are laughing at 'em. You have to be good to be hated on.

Originally Posted by oANONYMOUS1o

Pac10Owns or whatever your s/n is - I'm thinkin you're the Ironman guy I quoted earlier, look,
Nah, that ain't, but you're *%% needs to fall the !$%@ back.

That is why I hate talking to Raider fans, 'cause they always have their Raider blinders on, and can't see through all the !%!#%$@* that the Silver & Black keep force feeding down their throats.

Gunna, I know they are drafting for "their system", let's face it dawg, their system is busted, it isn't working and they are still trying to run it. It is like continuing the same economic policies while the economy is in the gutter. That is where the Raiders are, in the gutter, in the weak *%% AFC West.

laugh.gif
. Dude is just a pawn in Al Davis' game. All of a sudden he is a savior.

Last year, they drafted DMac. He is talented, loved what he did in Arkansas, but did they need him? No way, RB was not a need that the Raiders had. Yet, Al Davis, because he hasn't croaked, wanted DMAC.

You post this sloppy list and proceed to tell someone to "shut your mouth" and call him ignorant.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm the first to call ignorance on Big Mikes part, but he finally makes a point and ya'll blast him,
laugh.gif

Fargas was a steal in 2003 and he rewarde you with a 1K season in 2007, Bush was a steal in 2007. Then McFadden comes along, Fargas production goes down while Bush and DMac are good for less than 500 yds each. I'm not saying they are not talented individuals, because they are very talented. However, what good is DMac if you are only making him a part time RB.

Don't even put Robert Gallery up there, he is a bust. Hindsight is 20/20 though and at the time it seemed like Gallery was a good pick at no. 2.

Ya'll dudes sayin' that Browns fans have no room to talk, at least they know where they stand. Raider Nation still thinks they are on top. Nobody is hating on the Raiders anymore, they are laughing at 'em. You have to be good to be hated on.

In a way I do kind of agree with this #+@@%, we got a lot of talent on the field but we weren't using them right...but your ignorance is not giving TomCable a chance...dude got the players actually playing for him now...but take it how you want, your just a raider hater which is nothing new
laugh.gif

the list of players that my boy put up all contribute pretty well to the team...

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

I don't know what all the hate is for. Heyward-Bey is considered one of the top receivers in the draft. There is a few reasons why we took him with the 7th pick.

1. Crabtree did not want to play for the Raiders organization for whatever reason, we all know Oakland gets the rep of being a dysfunctional organization. Oakland did not want to go this route again, already went through this with a receiver by the name of Randy Moss.

2. Bey could have still been there later in the round, but you can only trade down if someone is willing to trade with you. New York already traded up to grab Sanchez, there were no other players that a team wanted or needed to jump up to 7 to get.

3. For those that think even Maclin or Harvin would have been the better pick, Bey was going to be in the top 2 wide outs picked period. He has too much upside with his size and abilities.

I too was a little shocked, thought we would have picked Monroe and got a wide out in the 2nd, but all the top prospects were taken in the 1st! Since Bey was their guy they made the right move.

2. Youre telling us that there wasnt a team that would trade their first round pick and a late round pick for the raiders pick?
laugh.gif

3. Top 2, show me a mock draft where DHB was gonna be one of the top 2 picks

but your ignorance is not giving Tom Cable a chance...dude got the players actually playing for him now...but take it how you want, your just a raider hater which is nothing new
laugh.gif

Classic response "your just a Raider hater!"
laugh.gif

The grade is still incomplete on Cable, but ya'll talking about him like the second coming of Vince Lombardi/John Madden.

Nah, that ain't, but you're %@! needs to fall the %%## back.

That is why I hate talking to Raider fans, 'cause they always have their Raider blinders on, and can't see through all the @%$%!!*@ that the Silver & Black keep force feeding down their throats.

Gunna, I know they are drafting for "their system", let's face it dawg, their system is busted, it isn't working and they are still trying to run it. It is like continuing the same economic policies while the economy is in the gutter. That is where the Raiders are, in the gutter, in the weak %@! AFC West.

laugh.gif
. Dude is just a pawn in Al Davis' game. All of a sudden he is a savior.

Last year, they drafted DMac. He is talented, loved what he did in Arkansas, but did they need him? No way, RB was not a need that the Raiders had. Yet, Al Davis, because he hasn't croaked, wanted DMAC.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Fargas was a steal in 2003 and he rewarde you with a 1K season in 2007, Bush was a steal in 2007. Then McFadden comes along, Fargas production goes down while Bush and DMac are good for less than 500 yds each. I'm not saying they are not talented individuals, because they are very talented. However, what good is DMac if you are only making him a part time RB.

Ya'll dudes sayin' that Browns fans have no room to talk, at least they know where they stand. Raider Nation still thinks they are on top. Nobody is hating on the Raiders anymore, they are laughing at 'em. You have to be good to be hated on.

We can't see through the bull? Who are you talking about? You could ask any of these fans and ask what they think our record will be next year, nobody willtell you more than 8 wins.

An 8-8 season would be an astronomical improvement.

As far as our draft picks, Fargas is almost 30 years old. He saw like 2 TD's the year he put up 1K on the ground. We needed talent and playmakers on theoffensive side of the ball.
D-Mac was just that. Maybe I should ask you, ol wise one, who should have the Raiders drafted last year then? We had trouble finding him ways to get touches atfirst and giving it to Fargas, but he made plays and found the endzone, something Fargas simply could not do, for us until he was injured. Have you evenwatched a Raider game last season? Fargas gets the ball, runs with
his eyes closed and falls down for 2 yards a carry.

I'll be the first to admit that we don't have great drafts, but they aren't trash drafts either. They are decent drafts. Last year was a solid one.We got our RB of the future, we got
Chaz Schilens who is emerging as our #2 WR, we got Trevor Scott who led all rookie sack leaders, we got a special teams ace in Tyvon Branch, who may even beour starting safety.
That's hardly a "sloppy" draft. So you and BigMike need to re-assess the situation. If you don't watch the team, how can you talk? Youcan't. I could see if you actually made valid points.

Talking about don't even add Gallery to the list, when he's obviously making solid contributions at LG for us. How is that not an impact on this team?

And yes the Browns had a worse draft. Their defense is pure garbage and they drafted two Wr's with their first 3 picks. Basically ignoring the defense forthe better parts of the draft.

We may have reached for DHB, but WR was a crucial need for us. Mike Mitchell was also a need...we didn't have a safety at all. And look at the rest ourdraft, nothing but positions of

need. DE, DE, OLB, TE.

but your ignorance is not giving Tom Cable a chance...dude got the players actually playing for him now...but take it how you want, your just a raider hater which is nothing new
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The grade is still incomplete on Cable, but ya'll talking about him like the second coming of Vince Lombardi/John Madden.

dude i dont get what your problem with raiders fans is. come into any of our season threads. we are always the first to talk +@!* about our ownteam. you are blinded by the clowns you see in so cal which just so happen to be the same idiot dodger fans you probably see all the time. no one on here isblinded by the silver and black or whatever.. we are all a bunch of pissed off dudes every year just hoping for a decent season. you dont ever see us like AYHOLMES WE GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL DIS YEAR. wrong crowd bro.

Talking about don't even add Gallery to the list, when he's obviously making solid contributions at LG for us. How is that not an impact on this team?

And yes the Browns had a worse draft. Their defense is pure garbage and they drafted two Wr's with their first 3 picks. Basically ignoring the defense for the better parts of the draft.
How could you not put Gallery on that list? Seriously, he was drafted as a tackle, the number 2 pick. Yet, you want to lift his bust label,because he is finally making a contribution at LG. Tony Mandarich is still considered a monumental bust, yet he alsofinally made contributions with the Colts.

Although I don't agree with the Browns draft strategy, keep in mind, that one of their receivers has a foot out the door (Edwards) and another will bewearing a different type of uniform next season (Stallworth). That being said, I don't know about Robiskie (slow) and Massequoi (Underachiever), but theywere second round picks. They also reached on Alex Mack, but hey it's the Browns, and there is a reason why they are the Browns.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats cause thats what you are homie, you hating on the list of players my boy put up when they are actually decent and contribute to the team...I'mnot saying he is the best thing since sliced bread either, he's just better than any other coach we've had since Gruden left cause the players actuallyplay for this guy...Callahan didn't do that for us, Art Shell didn't do that for us, Lane Kiffin didn't do that for us...so we're just glad tosee atleast that much of an improvement on our team from a coaching stand point..

Edit:: I'll be hella happy if we went 8-8
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yes, I expect Crabtree to be a bum
seriously, what did he do with the ball in his hands? where did he just pull away from folks? where did he make mind blowing moves?
If he's an All Pro I will gladly come back and say, he fooled me. but I dont believe he will be even remotely good.
He was constantly getting bubble screens at Texas Tech and there's a reason for that. Mind blowing plays? Depends what blows your mind butthat play against Texas pretty much summed up his abilities.

Back
Top Bottom