Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

I've been telling dudes all along, Pryor, if coached properly, will become a star in the league. Sucks as a Broncos fan because if he does, its a wrap haha.

Seriously tho, Raiders need to find a former QB to watch over the kid and teach him how to play the position well.

I've been telling dudes all along, Pryor, if coached properly, will become a star in the league. Sucks as a Broncos fan because if he does, its a wrap haha.

Seriously tho, Raiders need to find a former QB to watch over the kid and teach him how to play the position well.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Cam scored a 21on his wonderlic

Pryor scored a 27
Pryor's actually a pretty intelligent kid.  He's obviously made some poor decisions in the past...and said some questionable things to the media, but he's not stupid.

Cam scored a 21on his wonderlic

Pryor scored a 27
Pryor's actually a pretty intelligent kid.  He's obviously made some poor decisions in the past...and said some questionable things to the media, but he's not stupid.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Terrelle+Pryor+Terrelle+Pryor+Pro+Day+ldr6YX48bvOl.jpg

Wha....Dude. What the @+$% is this?

Video or it didn't happen. Dude is too..calm up there, like he's supposed to be chillin that high in the air o_O

Loving that picture up there. Let's get him a great mentor to build him up and see what we've got here.

Loving that picture up there. Let's get him a great mentor to build him up and see what we've got here.

I use to draft Pryor to the raiders all the time wile playing madden so i'm happy with the pick he's a great athlete happy he's a raider

I use to draft Pryor to the raiders all the time wile playing madden so i'm happy with the pick he's a great athlete happy he's a raider

Ive hated Pryor ever since he skipped on Michigan and went to OSU. Looks like I gotta like em now
laugh.gif

Ive hated Pryor ever since he skipped on Michigan and went to OSU. Looks like I gotta like em now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

I know it's just pre-season but Darrius has looked nice both games so far.

he has been impressive. really interested to see what he brings to the o.

on the pryor pick, maybe 3rd round a little too high. but lets see what he can become
grin.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

I know it's just pre-season but Darrius has looked nice both games so far.

he has been impressive. really interested to see what he brings to the o.

on the pryor pick, maybe 3rd round a little too high. but lets see what he can become
grin.gif

[h1]The Rush To Write Off Terrelle Pryor As Another Raiders Bust Is On[/h1]
medium_121580214_crop_650x440_01.jpg
There was something predictable about
Oakland's selection of Terrelle Pryor in today's supplemental draft, and it wasn't the pick itself: it was the mad rush among pundits to point out the inevitability of the Raiders taking a guy with a spotty past. It's the laziest sort of joke, and one your 50-something-year-old local columnist will be making tomorrow morning. The Raiders are dirty and they're a bunch of criminals and Pryor will fit right in. Except it's an outdated stereotype and not particularly accurate. The Raiders' reputation dates back to a bitter Chuck Noll "criminal element" quip from 35 years ago, and isn't backed up in the police blotter. In the last decade, the Raiders have had three players arrested on felony charges, and immediately cut ties with two of them. (The third had his charges dropped.)

It's a storyline crutch, and it's easier than looking ahead to the 2012 draft, one that ought to be thin at quarterback, and praising the Raiders for trying to fill one of their most pressing positional needs now. Had Oakland done nothing to address the quarterback question, they'd be made fun of. Had they re-signed Jason Campbell to be the long-term solution, they'd be made fun of. Instead they get an undeniable athlete (insert even lazier 40-yard-dash joke here) who's managed to succeed at the highest level for a reasonable price, and they're being made fun of.

When the Patriots get a talented guy with character issues in the third round, they're praised to the high heavens. When the Raiders do it, they're punchlines, only because they're the Raiders and they've been snakebitten before and JaMarcus Russell's past somehow dictates Terrelle Pryor' future. Hey, it beats having to actually evaluate a football player by his football playing.

Article tells is like it is. We dont mind cuz...

haters_gonna_hate.gif

[h1]The Rush To Write Off Terrelle Pryor As Another Raiders Bust Is On[/h1]
medium_121580214_crop_650x440_01.jpg
There was something predictable about
Oakland's selection of Terrelle Pryor in today's supplemental draft, and it wasn't the pick itself: it was the mad rush among pundits to point out the inevitability of the Raiders taking a guy with a spotty past. It's the laziest sort of joke, and one your 50-something-year-old local columnist will be making tomorrow morning. The Raiders are dirty and they're a bunch of criminals and Pryor will fit right in. Except it's an outdated stereotype and not particularly accurate. The Raiders' reputation dates back to a bitter Chuck Noll "criminal element" quip from 35 years ago, and isn't backed up in the police blotter. In the last decade, the Raiders have had three players arrested on felony charges, and immediately cut ties with two of them. (The third had his charges dropped.)

It's a storyline crutch, and it's easier than looking ahead to the 2012 draft, one that ought to be thin at quarterback, and praising the Raiders for trying to fill one of their most pressing positional needs now. Had Oakland done nothing to address the quarterback question, they'd be made fun of. Had they re-signed Jason Campbell to be the long-term solution, they'd be made fun of. Instead they get an undeniable athlete (insert even lazier 40-yard-dash joke here) who's managed to succeed at the highest level for a reasonable price, and they're being made fun of.

When the Patriots get a talented guy with character issues in the third round, they're praised to the high heavens. When the Raiders do it, they're punchlines, only because they're the Raiders and they've been snakebitten before and JaMarcus Russell's past somehow dictates Terrelle Pryor' future. Hey, it beats having to actually evaluate a football player by his football playing.

Article tells is like it is. We dont mind cuz...

haters_gonna_hate.gif

It's always like that, and its cool. I just don't see why people are getting all up in arms and treating it like we dropped a first rounder on the guy. It was a 3rd!! Who analyses the $%#$ outta a 3rd round draft pick? Christian Ponder was a 1st, Dalton and Kaepernik were 2nds.

It's always like that, and its cool. I just don't see why people are getting all up in arms and treating it like we dropped a first rounder on the guy. It was a 3rd!! Who analyses the $%#$ outta a 3rd round draft pick? Christian Ponder was a 1st, Dalton and Kaepernik were 2nds.

Back
Top Bottom