Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Asked in the other thread too, but received my goat pair today and while theyre still amazing, Im a little off put by this little area here. Is this grounds to be labeled a defect and if so what do you think goat will most likely do? I took an unboxing video and pics and already emailed support. Just want some fellow heads oppinions....

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_164622.jpg
    IMG_20200828_164622.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Snapchat-1850164672.jpg
    Snapchat-1850164672.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 290
Asked in the other thread too, but received my goat pair today and while theyre still amazing, Im a little off put by this little area here. Is this grounds to be labeled a defect and if so what do you think goat will most likely do? I took an unboxing video and pics and already emailed support. Just want some fellow heads oppinions....
I know you've been waiting a long time for this pair, and you want to nitpick for their price and all that anticipation. But, try to enjoy the pair now that they're in your hands. Sometimes the nitpicking we go through gets in the way of remembering to enjoy. They're mass produced softgoods. They're not always coming out pristine.

I know you've been waiting a long time for this pair, and you want to nitpick for their price and all that anticipation. But, try to enjoy the pair now that they're in your hands. Sometimes the nitpicking we go through gets in the way of remembering to enjoy. They're mass produced softgoods. They're not always coming out pristine.
Yeah you right, I have been waiting along time for my pair, and dont get me wrong they're NICE, but it still bothers me that the spots there. Also the toe box has a slight crease. The other toe box is perfect ...Which I didn't mention. I emailed goat asking if that's something that should've been addressed....tbh this was my first ever goat purchase and I have 70 stockx purchases. So I guess I expected better. I just wanted an instaship and it was 1700 and then went straight to 2499. Said new in good box.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1392919463.jpg
    Snapchat-1392919463.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 969
These shoes look amazing in pictures. I saw a pair in person and from what I saw. The resell price isn't worth it. At least it isn't to me. The shoe is going to crease very easy and it will get dirty very easy. Unlike the 5's after a wear or two these shoes won't look the same. At retail or double retail you can make an argument that they are worth it. But $2k? Naahh.. I wouldn't even bother. Resell prices on limited jordan releases are getting waaaayy out of hand.

Last edited:
Yeah you right, I have been waiting along time for my pair, and dont get me wrong they're NICE, but it still bothers me that the spots there. Also the toe box has a slight crease. The other toe box is perfect ...Which I didn't mention. I emailed goat asking if that's something that should've been addressed....tbh this was my first ever goat purchase and I have 70 stockx purchases. So I guess I expected better. I just wanted an instaship and it was 1700 and then went straight to 2499. Said new in good box.

Dude, THAT is normal. Are you gonna wear them? They’re gonna crease a lot more than that 🤣.

This is on Goat and StockX to raise their standards of what is deadstock, but I'm noticing that a lot of "new" shoes sold on resale are pairs from these "influencers" trying them on/wearing them once for a photoshoot to post on IG and then putting them up for sale.

He doesn’t make any sense lol
I guess i don't make sense but goat surely agrees that these should not pass. It does look like someone tried running them and it looks worse in person than pictures. Either way imma get my money back either by dispute or them just agreeing too. All in allz I'm over it. Chalk these up as a loss and move on to the breds ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-175136.png
    Screenshot_20200829-175136.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 1,184
I guess i don't make sense but goat surely agrees that these should not pass. It does look like someone tried running them and it looks worse in person than pictures. Either way imma get my money back either by dispute or them just agreeing too. All in allz I'm over it. Chalk these up as a loss and move on to the breds ...
I told you it was a defect . I’m confused

Them Lames took the $50 credit off my account to. Like they grimey. Least they could do is let me keep that 50 because of the fukkin hassle.

Just return that **** and cop something else bro that’s the only reason I ended up with these.... I copped the wotherspoons for $1250 before they dry up and shoot up in price and they came
Partially DS one shoe was DS and the other was hella dirty on the bottom...

I asked them for a discount I told them I want to keep them but it’s not DS so offer me like 20% off or something , they offered me that on a pair that they considered ‘worn’ before and I rejected it..they only offered $25 discount so I returned them made them not discount the shipping and kept the $25 discount and bought the off white 4s and they came DS luckily.

I’ve noticed two things and that’s with with covid it seems they are busy and might be getting lax on those legit checks and the older the shoe is the more likely it is to have an issue... I think it also has to do with them merging with flight club I’m assuming these wotherspoons were a display or tried on and that’s why only one was dirty . But ya they won’t offer a high discount and paying that Price I expect a fully DS shoe or a heavy discount other I’m returning and taking the L and get something else

Just return that **** and cop something else bro that’s the only reason I ended up with these.... I copped the wotherspoons for $1250 before they dry up and shoot up in price and they came
Partially DS one shoe was DS and the other was hella dirty on the bottom...

I asked them for a discount I told them I want to keep them but it’s not DS so offer me like 20% off or something , they offered me that on a pair that they considered ‘worn’ before and I rejected it..they only offered $25 discount so I returned them made them not discount the shipping and kept the $25 discount and bought the off white 4s and they came DS luckily.

I’ve noticed two things and that’s with with covid it seems they are busy and might be getting lax on those legit checks and the older the shoe is the more likely it is to have an issue... I think it also has to do with them merging with flight club I’m assuming these wotherspoons were a display or tried on and that’s why only one was dirty . But ya they won’t offer a high discount and paying that Price I expect a fully DS shoe or a heavy discount other I’m returning and taking the L and get something else
Yeah I'm returning em for sure. They whack af for letting that ish slip by. Imma just save the money. But that mark looked like somebody took sand paper and tried to run it away lol. Looks worse in person then pics..... honestly probably did me a favor because once you wear these a few times they going look hella dingy and i don't see anyway to clean this material....

Last edited:
How's the sizing on the OW 4's. I went down .5 size on the OW 5's to a size 11 and they fit perfect. Would you guys say same sizing on the 4's with the typical minimal padding etc.?

How's the sizing on the OW 4's. I went down .5 size on the OW 5's to a size 11 and they fit perfect. Would you guys say same sizing on the 4's with the typical minimal padding etc.?
The same size just like any other shoe lol..

GOAT finally canceled my order after a month of holding my shoes for verification. Their customer service was terrible and never gave an explanation of what happened. Oh well never using GOAT again. Might get the guavas instead once the price dips a bit.

Back
Top Bottom