Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

8BC47E5E-59E5-4963-AA57-023937CE9A44.png

F168319F-A514-46F4-BD22-B76FECE8C665.png

:lol: if he added all the weird additions y’all would say he ruined the shoe

Dude can’t win :lol:

Now that he explained it’s from a Jordan DNA archived pair it’s kinda cool

Feel like the last slide comment was a fair point and his response really sidestepped it. “Hey at least I didn’t do pink cow print!” Smh

Feel like the last slide comment was a fair point and his response really sidestepped it. “Hey at least I didn’t do pink cow print!” Smh
I feel like the comment on the toe box kind of solidifies what he's doing though. Dude might've overall not done much, but what little he did do it seems like he put an immense amount of care in. I said so many pages back that the injection molded midsole was dope and something new, and his comment about it kind of put it in perspective that it's probably even tougher than I originally thought.

When the ten dropped everything about it was novel. Everything deconstructed, icy, exposed foam all over, etc. Nowadays everyone has ripped that off to the point of no return, even Nike. Aside from punching holes in stuff his design language doesn't say much on its own anymore, finding little details to hone in on is a much better way to revive needed retroes imo. I think his comment on nuance is a fair one, even if it's a bit pretentious. lol

I think I’m gonna off my sail 5s… I dug em at first and thought they’d get a lot of wear since they’re pre-beat but I haven’t worn em in months and don’t really plan to

aAs is tradition **** on a shoe when it's announced, than when official pics/better pics come out the turn begins. I've be solid saying I wanted both of these color ways I love 2s we just hardly get good retros/color ways of them.

Damn…Virgil really must’ve hurt Bryant. :lol:…It’s just shoes my guy…

That being…He has some valid points…

Last edited:
Damn…Virgil really must’ve hurt Bryant. :lol:…It’s just shoes my guy…

That being…He has some valid points…

While I was reading it the music from Stan was playing in my head in the background lol

Vintaged and aged looking sneakers are cool because they’re realistic. Walking around with a cracked midsole is absurd. There is no realism about that. A Jordan 2 with a cracked midsole would crumble as soon as you take a step. Don’t even get me started on them being a low instead of a high. These would have been incredible in High form and a normal conditioned midsole.

Back
Top Bottom