Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Mateen Cleaves arrested on suspicion of drunk driving
laugh.gif

roll.gif
at people getting sad when I mentioned Amare is playin for his contract in his dunk thread. 

How does that guy have so many people fooled?  Honestly, why?  What, are people thinkin he's just "figured it out" now?  They expect him to get a fat contract and then come out next season and go 26 and 11 for the whole entire season and lead a team to 60 wins or something?  In a normal offense no less? 

Good Lord. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
at people getting sad when I mentioned Amare is playin for his contract in his dunk thread. 

How does that guy have so many people fooled?  Honestly, why?  What, are people thinkin he's just "figured it out" now?  They expect him to get a fat contract and then come out next season and go 26 and 11 for the whole entire season and lead a team to 60 wins or something?  In a normal offense no less? 

Good Lord. 
laugh.gif
You're the one laughing and he went 27 and 10 with 3 years left on his contract.

27 and 10? 
eek.gif
  When did he do that? 

And he probably gave up 37 and 20 in those games too. 

Stat is a #2 option, if he gets #1 money and a team that wants him to be the #1 option, that team will challenge the Nets.  Dead serious.
Amare will put up MAJOR numbers, (giving up the same) and then cross his fingers to reach double digit wins.  

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by Proshares

Mateen Cleaves arrested on suspicion of drunk driving
laugh.gif
Dude has fallen off since being banned.
laugh.gif

athletic_actors_4.jpg

^ he just changed his pigmentation to another scrub though.

And CP officially has so much hatred for Amar'e, he can't seem to form logical conclusions/predictions regarding him anymore...

"Cross his fingers to reach double digit wins."  You're (and he is) better than that.
laugh.gif

27 and 10? 
eek.gif
  When did he do that? 

And he probably gave up 37 and 20 in those games too. 

Stat is a #2 option, if he gets #1 money and a team that wants him to be the #1 option, that team will challenge the Nets.  Dead serious.
Amare will put up MAJOR numbers, (giving up the same) and then cross his fingers to reach double digit wins.  
Ah, changing the argument when you are proven wrong. And I accidentally looked up per 36 minutes with the 27 and 10. It was 25 and 9 on 59% shooting and with one of the best True Shooting % of all time.

How'd I change the argument Banks?  Man, I been sayin this same @#$% on Stat for 4 years.  And he ain't changed my mind one damn bit. 

The dude is a biter.  He gets the most meaningless points I have ever seen this side of Monta Ellis.  I've said it again and again, down by 10 with 30 seconds left, Stat shoots prolly 95%.  He is pure baskets when the game is already decided.  But I'm sorry, I seen him get pushed around too damn much by guys when he is athletically DOMINANT to all of them. 

His skills and talent level are chart toppers, but his heart, or head or somethin just ain't where it needs to be.  So to me, he sells his teams short.  Period.  And if he signs top dollar, he will crush that franchise, and I'm not playin.  Say it again, ELITE talent level.  ZERO heart/head/determination, whatever it is that can not be measured.  He lacks it. 

I'm sorry but for 3 months dude was 21 points a game.  Soon as the deadline passed and he wasn't gettin traded and now his contract is up at the summer, he's ballin to the tune of 25 in Feb, and now 29 thru March.  Come on.  What're you gonna try and sell me, playoff push? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Dude prolly doesn't even care they about to be knocked out in the first round.  He's chasin paper. 

Like I said, I been sayin this for years about dude, he still hasn't proven me wrong one damn bit despite ya'll's beliefs in him. 

I said the same thing too and they got butt hurt CP. Whiel your claim that they would be a single digit win team is just ridiculous, these fools fail to realize Amare will never give 100% effort night in, night out. I think he is playing so hard right now cause of the max contract and he wants to make something of this last run he has with Nash.

you said amare only puts up points because a system and dudes said other wise

then you went on your amare rant

you change the subject

C Zydrunas Ilgauskas signs deal to return to Cavs

(AP)–44 minutes ago

CLEVELAND — Zydrunas Ilgauskas' agent called Cavaliers generalmanager Danny Ferry at 8:30 a.m. Monday, the first day Ilgauskas waseligible to re-sign with Cleveland.

It took a little longer thanexpected — the deal wasn't announced until Tuesday afternoon — butIlgauskas is back with the only team he has ever known.

"If I would've left and the team won a championship without me," he said, "I don't think I could've ever forgave myself."

Ilgauskassigned to play for the rest of the season in Cleveland and traveledwith the Cavaliers to New Orleans on Tuesday. Coach Mike Brown said hewill likely play against the Hornets on Wednesday.

To make room on the roster, Cleveland waived second-year forward Darnell Jackson.

"Zhas been a good friend of mine and others in the organization," saidFerry, who played with Ilgauskas in Cleveland. "We're excited to havethe Ilgauskas family back in Cleveland. This is where they reallywanted to be."

It's been a difficult season for the veterancenter. He became a bench player for the first time in his career whenthe team acquired Shaquille O'Neal last summer, then he was upset whenBrown didn't play him the night he was expected to break thefranchise's record for most games played.

When Ferry traded hisformer teammate to Washington in the three-team deal that broughtAntawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair to Cleveland, Ilgauskas had totake a few days to calm his emotions and collect his thoughts.

"It's been a strange season," he said.

Washingtonsubsequently bought out his contract before he ever played a game,making him a free agent. While multiple teams around the league showedgreat interest, Ilgauskas ultimately chose to return to Cleveland. Hehad to wait 30 days under league rules, but passed the time by workingout on his own and getting rare time off with his family.

Hereturns averaging 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds this season. Brown hasn'tdecided whether he'll continue to come off the bench or start whileO'Neal is out for the remainder of the regular season after thumbsurgery.

Cleveland used its biannual exception to sign him forthe rest of the season. The 34-year-old has previously hinted atretirement but has since changed his mind. His agent, Herb Rudoy, saidhe plans to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"Witha guy that is his size and with his skill level and ability to shootthe ball, he has a lot of years left in him," Brown said. "We onlybring positives to the organization and to our team with him in themix."

Ferry warned Ilgauskas before the season he could be tradedbecause of his expiring contract. That didn't make the emotion of themoment any easier. Ferry said his e-mail and voicemail filled up withmessages from fans upset that he traded one of the most popular playersin franchise history.

It was those same people who broughtIlgauskas back. He said he was overwhelmed by the support of Cavaliersfans who begged him to return once he became available.

"The waypeople in Cleveland and the fans have reacted has really humbled me ina positive way," Ilgauskas said. "Their support has been unbelievable.I'm from Lithuania and I'll always be proud of it, but this has becomea home to me."

large_ilgauskas-rookie.jpg

roll.gif

How does that guy have so many people fooled?  Honestly, why?  What, are people thinkin he's just "figured it out" now?  They expect him to get a fat contract and then come out next season and go 26 and 11 for the whole entire season and lead a team to 60 wins or something?  In a normal offense no less

Good Lord. 
laugh.gif
For the reading impaired. 

Where o where am I talking about points in a system only?  Am I not making points about him playing a whole year, lead a team to major wins, after getting a fat contract, playing for said contract, and then mentioning the inflated offense as part of what I was getting at?  I am doing that here right?  Is this that hard to comprehend? 

Is this different then the last several years of what I have spoke on about the man? 

Oh, ok.  I changed my argument. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

How does that guy have so many people fooled?  Honestly, why?  What, are people thinkin he's just "figured it out" now?  They expect him to get a fat contract and then come out next season and go 26 and 11 for the whole entire season and lead a team to 60 wins or something?  In a normal offense no less

Good Lord. 
laugh.gif
For the reading impaired. 

Where o where am I talking about points in a system only?  Am I not making points about him playing a whole year, lead a team to major wins, after getting a fat contract, playing for said contract, and then mentioning the inflated offense as part of what I was getting at?  I am doing that here right?  Is this that hard to comprehend? 

Is this different then the last several years of what I have spoke on about the man? 

Oh, ok.  I changed my argument. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As a Suns fan I agree that Amare is beasting right now for a fat payday but to say he scores meaningless points is just stupid...
grin.gif

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Amare has been playing the best basketball of his career the last month or so. Really forcing me to reconsider whether I would take him over prime Kemp.
You do realize Amare is doin this for his contract this summer, and then he will go back to doing nothing again right? 

And if signs with a regular offense type team..........
smh.gif

so we cant read?

thats from the thread it started it

Amare averaged 21 and 8 in a slow(er) offense last year.

And that was with Shaq taking away touches and clogging the paint.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

CP1708 wrote:

Amare has been playing the best basketball of his career the last month or so. Really forcing me to reconsider whether I would take him over prime Kemp.
You do realize Amare is doin this for his contract this summer, and then he will go back to doing nothing again right? 

smh.gif
so we cant read?

CP dude always makes too much noise in his posts. It's always
roll.gif
though reading how this guy thinks he really knows it all.

CP1708 wrote:

smh.gif
so we cant read?

Yes, but how am I talking ONLY points?  Certainly part of it, but we all know he don't rebound, we all know he don't defend, so in just a regular offense, yes his point will suffer, but that's not even close to my point.  The main point was simple  You do realize Amare is doin this for his contract this summer, and then he will go back to doing nothing again right?  

Saying if he signs with a regular offense is just an added shot. 

Simple.  Again, all the Amare lovers come out in droves and don't pay @#$%^& attention.  I hope he signs with the Bulls so you can see what I see Mike. 

CP1708 wrote:

smh.gif
so we cant read?

Damn...Mike callin CP out for not being able to read....
laugh.gif

dead-bird-702089.jpg

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

CP dude always makes too much noise in his posts. It's always
roll.gif
though reading how this guy thinks he really knows it all.
Dudes are coming for CP's head left and right.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Funny this thread is 300 pages of NBA and that's the first time I seen dude ever post in here and he jumps right into the Kevin Costner role.  Yeah, I care what he thinks. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom