Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

You guys better pray we don't win the title, because if we do, mYTo is gonna be [Gus Johnson] PURE! [/Gus Johnson] jokes.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

He's gonna have his own stand-up comedy bit going throughout the summer on NT.
laugh.gif

cavs fans should be more pissed than I am

you can't be clowns during the season and switch gears to professional mode during the playoffs. it doesn't work.

watch what happens if the cavs go down 1-0 against orlando. all of a sudden they can't be goofing around. then people start to play different. everyone except lebron and some veterans will get tight and feel the pressure.

they aren't just playing for a chip. they are playing to keep their star player. the pressure will be 10 times more than last year

[Heat] There's a flip side to that coin. [Heat]

If ya'll don't win.............Jokes will still be out in force.  Only I'll be tellin em.  Lot like last summer for ya'll. 

Saw a question on the Ford chat though, would Cleveland rather win the title this year and lose Bron during the summer, or lose the title this year and keep Bron going forward? 

i would have to assume they would rather win and he leaves

the state hasn't won anything in 40 years. gotta hope for the chip.

it's like if the best baseball player is on the cubs. would you rather win a chip and have him leave or have him for the next 10 years and maybe win, maybe not win

So I should be mad at the Cavs organization cause they provide good entertainment? Dude please. Nothing wrong with the players enjoying their self. Also, since when has a sense of humor and a fun loving attitude caused a team to lose a game? And another thing, this year haven't REALLY said the Cavs will win a ship, I've only stated they have a better CHANCE this year than last

^
Hey, I said the same exact thing last year, clowns don't win. And I was right last year. 

Go back thru the history of the league, I can't think of a team full of yucksters winnin it all.  

I just don't see how you can play all loose all year, and then when it gets serious and you have to get serious, just turn into a different team.  As soon as the pressure got up there last year, they couldn't really be out there dancin and takin fake photos and all that when they losin.  And it had become a part of them in a sense.  Now, maybe had they just continued winning and never trailed in a series, then maybe they could keep it going without that pressure and go get a title.  Maybe.  But I've yet to see a team in the NBA full of clowns go out and win. 

You can have individual fuit baskets on a team, ala Rodman, or even Shaq, but not a whole team of em.  You need dudes who don't crack or fold under pressure and who won't back down even when down in a game/series.  Not dudes worried about how to choreograph their next handshake with somebody. 

Thas just how I look at it.  If they prove me wrong, I'll shrug and say good job, first time for everything.  No biggie. 
smokin.gif

that had more of an impact on them then the lack of a 2nd player who could go get a basket or the awful coaching Mike Brown exhibited?

It has no impact on how they play basketball.

Nobody has won with 'clowns', sure. Nobody has won without a 2nd scorer, either.

Y'all dudes really that agitated about those Cavs pics?

And I fail to see the correlation between the Cavs being a bunch of "jokesters" and not being able to win an NBA title this year.

So the Spurs blow out the Celtics on the road then lose to Nets the next day?
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

that had more of an impact on them then the lack of a 2nd player who could go get a basket or the awful coaching Mike Brown exhibited?

Nobody has won with 'clowns', sure. Nobody has won without a 2nd scorer, either.
I don't mind the Cavs' showboating, unless it's against the Lakers of course.....but the 93-94 Rockets won the title and their second leading scorer averaged like 14 points a game.

Originally Posted by kb8 3qwick

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I don't mind the Cavs' showboating, unless it's against the Lakers of course.....but the 93-94 Rockets won the title and their second leading scorer averaged like 14 points a game.

i was just gonna say the year before clyde got there they really didnt have a 2nd scorer

dont you feel smart a1exis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

So the Spurs blow out the Celtics on the road then lose to Nets the next day?
laugh.gif

smh.gif

No Ginobili. I know it's the Nets, but still, Gino's been their best player by far since the all star break.

Why are Cavs getting so much hate because they joke around a lot, are they not the number 1 team in the NBA?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Why are Cavs getting so much hate because they joke around a lot, are they not the number 1 team in the NBA?

i didn't know teams get a trophy for most wins in the regular season.

i've never seen a bunch of clowns win a title. it can happen. we'll see

Back
Top Bottom