Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Everybody that's @##$$%%! on Bron must have not seen the last game between these teams. Bron didn't play, so Jennings decided he would act like a wise guy. During the game he was just feeling himself a lil too much, staring players down, mimicking our team rituals, doing the doting the eye thing after he hit a jumper over somebody. Rookies ain't suppose to do that, and Jennings has released the beast, so Lebron is gonna put him and that team in its place, which he should do. Any other superstar in this league would feel the same way, so get over it haters
Also the Cavs did not come up with the doting the eye after hitting a 3

pimp.gif

So lebron says he won't play for team USA this summer because he is to busy

So will they change the rule that if you don't play this summer you can't play in the olympics for him?

Colangelo said that if you skip the summer league it's not out of the question that you will not be playing in London. SC guys laughed his comments off.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

McGrady interested in Orlando...
eek.gif
If him & VC team up again
smokin.gif

Tracy McGrady had a tumultuous few years when he played for the Magic, however the small forward said Wednesday that he'd like to return to Central Florida and a sign a contract with Orlando when he becomes a free agent. He also took a dig at their former general manager for trading him to Houston in 2004.

"Of course because it's home, that's home," McGrady told the New York Post. "I hated it that I left. I hated I left because I established myself there and made a name for myself. It was a situation where the GM (John Weisbrod) that was there made a huge mistake. ... They got him out of there because he was out of his mind."

McGrady feels he can help the Magic win an NBA Championship.
"I think it's possible they'll get back to The Finals," McGrady said. "And if you add me to the mix, I like Orlando. We'll see."

i dont know how i feel about this...

Most of these NBA guys are off their rockers.

McGrady thinks he's the addition that can put a team over the top?
roll.gif

TMac. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight will never see the ball if they add another guy like that out there.  He might average 20 rebounds a game though. 

And Mike, you know damn well Bron would be allowed to skip every practice, every walk through, and still play in the actual games. 
laugh.gif

So if a team can improve their wintotal from 24 gms to more than likely 40, they shouldnt get consideration? Everybody was on portland bandwagon when they won 41 gms and missed the payoffs. Im not saying he shod win, but heshoud be up there.

Hollins deserves credit, but I think Skiles should win it.

nba_g_skiles_268.jpg

A lot of the Bucks' success is because of Skiles (along with good health and new additions).

And doesn't T-Mac get booed when he plays in Orlando? I remember him saying he quit that last season he was there. And why is T-Mac going at the GM for? Didn't he demand a trade because he wanted Emeka Okafor in the draft and didn't want to wait for Dwight Howard to develop?
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

T-Mac on the Magic would be nice. Finally can dust off those old T-Mac's...
pimp.gif

But honestly, if the Magic miss Hedo's play making abilities, they can get it in T-Mac and probably for a much cheaper price than Hedo's current contract. Not saying VC isn't a play maker, but he should be relied more on scoring than helping Dwight get an easy dunk.  

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So if a team can improve their wintotal from 24 gms to more than likely 40, they shouldnt get consideration? Everybody was on portland bandwagon when they won 41 gms and missed the payoffs. Im not saying he shod win, but heshoud be up there.

OKC has improved their win total by more games and will be in the playoffs in the tougher West

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

OKC has improved their win total by more games and will be in the playoffs in the tougher West
Why people continually responding to me about OKC? I know what they've done and I haven't said that Brooks wouldn't be a good candidate. What does their success have to do with what Hollins has done in Memphis? Crap. I don't understand why the last two people who responded to me has said this.
laugh.gif

When they showed the COTY candidates on ESPN last night, Hollins was not on the list. I can agree with Nas and say that Skiles SHOULD win it. He took one of the most ugliest teams in the league with a rookie PG being the floor general to 40+ wins. They aren't just squeaking by to make the playoffs in the East being damn near 10 games under .500 and getting the 8th seed. They are in the top 5.

If I was choosing, I would say 1) Skiles, 2) Brooks, 3) Hollins.

Skiles and Brooks will be a tight race mainly because no one expected either team to be as good as they are. If the Thunder end up with like the 8th seed in the West instead of the 5th or maybe 6th, Skiles should get it easily.

In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he "won't stop" until he reaches his goal of winning a title in Cleveland.
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

James also spoke glowingly about the professionalism and depth of the Cavs' roster.

The Cavs have the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.

Read more:http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...til_i_bring_title_to_cleveland/#ixzz0juVOg8iC

Safe to say that LeBron is staying in Cleveland...

Unless they get the chip this year...

roll.gif
Tell me someone else saw the trainer drop his ring in Chris Anderson's mouth while he was on the ground holding his leg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif
Tell me someone else saw the trainer drop his ring in Chris Anderson's mouth while he was on the ground holding his leg
laugh.gif
That was like adding insult to injury. At first I thought it was a coin or something

^He spat it out with a straight face too
laugh.gif

But the laughs on the Blazers...horrible, horrible stretches of playing defense when we caught up.
We should of dominated when Melo was on the bench, instead we just traded baskets...and don't even get me started on Roy.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

eek.gif
smokin.gif

Tracy McGrady had a tumultuous few years when he played for the Magic, however the small forward said Wednesday that he'd like to return to Central Florida and a sign a contract with Orlando when he becomes a free agent. He also took a dig at their former general manager for trading him to Houston in 2004.

"Of course because it's home, that's home," McGrady told the New York Post. "I hated it that I left. I hated I left because I established myself there and made a name for myself. It was a situation where the GM (John Weisbrod) that was there made a huge mistake. ... They got him out of there because he was out of his mind."

"I think it's possible they'll get back to The Finals," McGrady said. "And if you add me to the mix, I like Orlando. We'll see."

As a Magic fan all my life, I was bitter that he left but I couldn't blame him for asking for a trade.  Who knew D12 was gonna be the monster he is?  I'm all for T-Mac to don that Magic jersey again!  
TMac + Vince  =  
pimp.gif

lebron can stay in hell, it is what it is. nike contract basically made the dream dead to me. unless he is just talking out of his $%+, which he is prone to do. not like the quotes say much besides "i'm gonna go all out to win a chip here". if his teammates flop hard he will have an excuse why he couldn't win. if he loses to the lakers in 6 or 7 he won't have as much of an excuse.

he's making himself a pariah in nyc though i promise you he pissed alot of people off. It will be interesting to see how he is received in the coming years.

media and fans would tear him a new hole in nyc. he can be the coach and GM in CLE. be loved no matter what. run the show. it's understandable

i guess i have to start rooting for the cavs. #*#$. i can't do it. i just can't. he's a little girl. but he's the best player on the planet. this sucks

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

eek.gif
smokin.gif

As a Magic fan all my life, I was bitter that he left but I couldn't blame him for asking for a trade.  Who knew D12 was gonna be the monster he is?  I'm all for T-Mac to don that Magic jersey again!  
TMac + Vince  =  
pimp.gif

Umm who knew Dwight would be a monster?  A lot of people, that's why he was drafted number 1 overall.  McGrady wanted Okafor instead... how do you think that decision would have worked out?  It was certainly difficult for T-Mac at some points, but he quit on his team and if he could have been more patient in Orlando then maybe he would have gotten out of the first round.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

eek.gif
smokin.gif

TMac + Vince  =  
pimp.gif
Umm who knew Dwight would be a monster?  A lot of people, that's why he was drafted number 1 overall.  McGrady wanted Okafor instead... how do you think that decision would have worked out?  It was certainly difficult for T-Mac at some points, but he quit on his team and if he could have been more patient in Orlando then maybe he would have gotten out of the first round.

Coming out of high school, D12 was compared to Kevin Garnett.  He was tall, skinny and had length etc.   No one ever thought D12 was gonna be the player he was and he was drafted based on potential word to Marvin Williams.  If I wrong please link me articles, etc since you live in ORL and follow the Magic as I myself.  21-61 and 21 straight losing games will do that to you, I mean I was mad when he demanded a trade but the competition in TMAC just forced that.  Karma caught up with TMAC and he's just trying to make amends and I ain't even mad at that.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

^He spat it out with a straight face too
laugh.gif

But the laughs on the Blazers...horrible, horrible stretches of playing defense when we caught up.
We should of dominated when Melo was on the bench, instead we just traded baskets...and don't even get me started on Roy.
sick.gif

4th quarter was just painful to watch. When Roy doesnt show up against these great teams, we have no chance
smh.gif

Defense wasnt there either, like you said. Oh well, we've already locked up a spot in the playoffs. I just hope we dont finish 8th and start out playing the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom