Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

T-Mac an All-Star next season?

Tracy McGrady has missed a lot of action the last few years with knee injuries, however he's been a regular in the Knicks lineup since they acquired him from the Rockets in February. There still is a lot of rust in his game, but McGrady is confident he'll return to his old form and be an All-Star ... next season.

"There's no question I will be an All-Star," McGrady tells The New York Times. "Not right now, but next year when I come into the season, I will be an All-Star-caliber player, there's no question."

He added, for emphasis, "I will be myself next year."

"I'm fighting back," he said. "Whether I'll be the player that I once was, that remains to be seen. But I'm striving for it."

McGrady will be a free agent starting July 1.

knick fans how is he looking?

Mac sure doin a alot of talking right now. 
laugh.gif

Tryna squeeze every penny he can for that last deal. 

Tmac sucks. No way in hell I want him in Orlando. Dude is a bum, then we can have 2 players with no heart? No thanks. I'm upset enough we have Vince.

T-Mac did quit on his team in his last year on the Magic. It was disappointing to see that as a fan of him. He then requested a trade that summer after no help was brought in and was shipped to the Rockets. Yeah, he also wanted the Magic to pick Okafor because he felt Okafor would be more ready than Howard to help the Magic at that point. The consecutive exits from the 1st round, playing with a bunch of young "scrubs" (two (Mike Miller, who got traded away for Gooden) are actually good 6 years later
ohwell.gif
), Grant Hill's injuries, Hill's big contract preventing the Magic from picking up decent help, and Patrick Ewing, Andrew DeClerq, and John Amaechi
nerd.gif
  as the starting centers were just too much for T-Mac. There was also the new GM, John Weisbrod, who did not like T-Mac's attitude and dismantled the team after picking Howard. But yeah, the best player will always get blamed. Too bad the Magic did not do anything when T-Mac said his "ship his a** out" statement privately.

Many people like to say that T-Mac would be out of the first round if he stayed with the Magic after selecting Howard as the #1 draft. That it was his fault that he quit and whined about the lack of talent on the team. But come on, this is the same management that traded away Mike Miller (good friend of T-Mac's) after he won ROY in order to get Gordon Girieck and Gooden. Traded away Mobley (good friend of Francis's) for Doug Christie. Traded away Anderson Varejao and Drew Gooden for Tony Battie. This finally stopped when Otis Smith became the GM in 2005.

End rant...      

Kobe, loan me some money man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wonder if dude has a big dirty @#$ grin on his face vs the Jazz tonight.  That or he'll be drunk at the game. 
roll.gif

Gasol and Brewer are going to sit for the rest of the season. Good move considering we are already out the playoff race and will give Thabeet more time.

Kobe was probably gassed, then he realized he was in ****ing Utah, and he'll be like
frown.gif

Don't worry Kobe, I had the same reaction, and I was just there to connect to another flight.

^
We're in LA tonight DLo. 

Kobe'll get some standing ovation or some @#$% tonight, and on ESPN no less.  I expect Bron to get his game into OT to block showing the start of the Laker game. 
laugh.gif

$$$+, scratch that then, CP.

When I was a child, my summer vacations consisted of my parents shipping me off for a week to visit my cousins. They were army brats, so it just happened to be wherever they were living at the time. Which was alright sometimes, because I got to go to Florida, LA, or DC...but also @$*$$!$ terrible when my uncle was stationed in SLC or Sacramento. You ever been to SLC in the summer? It's @$*$$!$ terrible. Winter is alright, at least you can go skiing or something, but in July? C'mon son....

Alright, I'm done, ya'll have a good weekend...

Martin upset about popcorn prank
On a night when the Denver Nuggets should have been celebrating a much-needed victory over the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise continued to struggle with off-the-court issues when an April Fools' Day joke sparked anything but laughter.

During Denver's 109-92 victory, a former Nuggets ball boy, Laquan Johnson, got into the club's locker room, took Kenyon Martin's car keys and filled the player's Range Rover with buttered popcorn. The car had a white interior.

515.jpg

Martin

Martin discovered the damage as he was about to exit Denver's Pepsi Center. At the time, had no idea who had pulled the prank. Angered, he went back to the locker room spewing profanities and threats at teammates and other members of the organization.

"That ain't no [expletive] joke," Martin said. "I'm going to find out who did it ... put my [expletive] hands on one of y'all. I'm going to put my hands on whoever did it. You better believe that. It's [expletive] personal. You better believe it."

Martin, who has missed 15 games with a torn patella tendon in his left knee, threatened to boycott the postseason if he did not find out who was responsible.

"How 'bout if I don't play in the playoffs until somebody tells me who did it," Martin said more than once.

Martin stormed in and out of the locker room several times, and a person close to him said his anger was not over the prank, but over the fact that someone could go into his pocket and take his keys during a game. Realizing the culprit had to have access to the private code for the team's gated parking lot, he assumed members of the organization either pulled the stunt or assisted in it.

"The fact that no one saw it or had anything to say about it -- not security, not the equipment manager," a person close to Martin said, explaining the player's anger. "Somebody had to see it. He was wondering how the organization let something like that happen. What if the kid had really wanted to do something evil?"

Later, Martin found out Johnson, the former ball boy who is now the driver for teammate J.R. Smith, was responsible. Johnson apologized to Martin and agreed to pay for the damage to his car.

"It was just an April Fools joke that went horribly wrong," said a member of the Nuggets organization who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "The kid thought it would be funny and it wasn't. Kenyon was back at practice today and everything was fine between him and his teammates."

The episode was the latest in a string of distractions Denver has had to deal with lately. Once regarded as the Western Conference's top challenger to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Nuggets have all but fallen apart down the stretch.

With Martin out and coach George Karl missing games while getting treatment for throat cancer, Denver had lost five of six games before defeating Portland. That stretch dropped them from the second seed to the fifth seed in the West.

Martin, who cannot guarantee he'll be healthy for the playoffs, said before Thursday's game that he hopes to return for the last regular season game or two.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

On a night when the Denver Nuggets should have been celebrating a much-needed victory over the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise continued to struggle with off-the-court issues when an April Fools' Day joke sparked anything but laughter.

During Denver's 109-92 victory, a former Nuggets ball boy, Laquan Johnson, got into the club's locker room, took Kenyon Martin's car keys and filled the player's Range Rover with buttered popcorn. The car had a white interior.

515.jpg

Martin

Martin discovered the damage as he was about to exit Denver's Pepsi Center. At the time, had no idea who had pulled the prank. Angered, he went back to the locker room spewing profanities and threats at teammates and other members of the organization.

"That ain't no [expletive] joke," Martin said. "I'm going to find out who did it ... put my [expletive] hands on one of y'all. I'm going to put my hands on whoever did it. You better believe that. It's [expletive] personal. You better believe it."

Martin, who has missed 15 games with a torn patella tendon in his left knee, threatened to boycott the postseason if he did not find out who was responsible.

"How 'bout if I don't play in the playoffs until somebody tells me who did it," Martin said more than once.

Martin stormed in and out of the locker room several times, and a person close to him said his anger was not over the prank, but over the fact that someone could go into his pocket and take his keys during a game. Realizing the culprit had to have access to the private code for the team's gated parking lot, he assumed members of the organization either pulled the stunt or assisted in it.

"The fact that no one saw it or had anything to say about it -- not security, not the equipment manager," a person close to Martin said, explaining the player's anger. "Somebody had to see it. He was wondering how the organization let something like that happen. What if the kid had really wanted to do something evil?"

Later, Martin found out Johnson, the former ball boy who is now the driver for teammate J.R. Smith, was responsible. Johnson apologized to Martin and agreed to pay for the damage to his car.

"It was just an April Fools joke that went horribly wrong," said a member of the Nuggets organization who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "The kid thought it would be funny and it wasn't. Kenyon was back at practice today and everything was fine between him and his teammates."

The episode was the latest in a string of distractions Denver has had to deal with lately. Once regarded as the Western Conference's top challenger to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Nuggets have all but fallen apart down the stretch.

With Martin out and coach George Karl missing games while getting treatment for throat cancer, Denver had lost five of six games before defeating Portland. That stretch dropped them from the second seed to the fifth seed in the West.

Martin, who cannot guarantee he'll be healthy for the playoffs, said before Thursday's game that he hopes to return for the last regular season game or two.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Damn Kenyon was m-m-m-mad

Talkin bout not playin in the playoffs...like u bums had a chance anyways.
eyes.gif

Kobe all I need is 100k. Or buy me into every tourney in the WSOP this year. You won't even notice it's missing.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by JD617

515.jpg

Martin

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Damn Kenyon was m-m-m-mad

Talkin bout not playin in the playoffs...like u bums had a chance anyways.
eyes.gif

smh.gif
(I see what u did there, too )

I'd be pissed also....buttered popcorn on a white interior (stupid for K-mart to get that color...but it's his choice)
smh.gif

I think it's funny that the former ball boy is now JR Smith's chauffeur
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Can you imagine how that buttery popcorn looked on the white interior after they got it out?

Rudy with the 360
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

I thought the popcorn gag was generally reserved for rookie hazing?

I think Donte Green did it to Bobby Jackson last year..... Bobby was pisssssssssseeeeed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

You can't blame him, white interior with buttered popcorn all over it
sick.gif
sick.gif
Plus someone going through his stuff...
and of course....it all leads back to Earl
smh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by DLo13

I thought the popcorn gag was generally reserved for rookie hazing?

I think Donte Green did it to Bobby Jackson last year..... Bobby was pisssssssssseeeeed
laugh.gif

Nah, Donte stopped doing his rookie duties, so Bobby put popcorn in his car.

nb2oma.jpg

b4evrd.jpg

Then Donte did this to Bobby's car to get revenge:

9tiskh.jpg

Dog food and soy sauce on a white CL
smh.gif

Bobby went back in the locker room looking for him. He wanted to throw hands.

All I remember was Bobby getting sooooooooo heated
laugh.gif
and the front office calling Donte immature and a child
smh.gif
and then I'm pretty sure they sent him to Reno afterwards for a D-league banishment
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom