Offical NBA 2009-10 MVP Thread

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Both can score but LeBron gets his team involved (8.5 agp)
Durant doesn't (2.8 asp)

I rather see LeBron win the reg season MVP but not the Finals Mvp
devil.gif

that's if he even gets there
Durant has a REAL PG on his team where Durant doesnt need to handle the ball 23 seconds of the shot clock and look for a teammate, Westbrook does that for him.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Bron easy. Dude is putting up video game numbers 30 ppg on 50% shooting, 7.2 rpg and 8.5 apg
sick.gif
Lebron is at 51 FG% right now (.506)

^ I'm not even that big a fan of Lebron, but I don't see where you're coming from with that.
especially considering he just won MVP after I believe 11 seasons and finals MVP after 12 seasons in the league.

Maybe I'm just slow though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Bron can have all the reg season MVP's he wants.. he will never do this

kobe-bryant-championship1.jpg

Oh he mad, he mad all right..

If holding the NBA trophy makes you great, then I guess these guys must be as well..

24o3rpl.jpg

24b5iix.jpg

rrrtkp.jpg

n51rwi.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find one of Bill Wennington or Darko Milicic.

Now, can you provide me a picture of players of this caliber holding the MVP trophy?

laugh.gif
@ you somehow knowing that LeBron will "never" hold the NBA trophy.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Oh he mad, he mad all right..

If holding the NBA trophy makes you great, then I guess these guys must be as well..

24o3rpl.jpg

24b5iix.jpg

rrrtkp.jpg

n51rwi.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find one of Bill Wennington or Darko Milicic.

Now, can you provide me a picture of players of this caliber holding the MVP trophy?

laugh.gif
@ you somehow knowing that LeBron will "never" hold the NBA trophy.

Adam Morrison
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by simpliSD

He should've posted this instead
kobe-bryant-finals-mvp-lakersafplivetwo910692-bkn-nba-final-lake.jpg

Now post bums with both of these
nerd.gif

Yeah, Finals MVP is better, but there are still players like Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell, Dennis Johnson, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker who have all won Finals MVP. Great players, but nothing extraordinary. Who is the worst regular season MVP you can find? I guess that would be Steve Nash, a lone example, and he was still better than probably all the Finals MVPs that I mentioned in the previous sentence. Whether you like it or not, regular season MVP is the #1 way to determine an individual player's greatness.

Maybe ya gonna laugh but this guy is having a good season, 30pts last 3 games 
pimp.gif

my vote goes to him
5f18ol.jpg

[h3]2009-10 Statistics [/h3]PPG 22.1 RPG 8.70 APG 1.0 EFF + 22.37

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Maybe ya gonna laugh but this guy is having a good season, 30pts last 3 games 
pimp.gif

my vote goes to him
5f18ol.jpg

[h3]2009-10 Statistics [/h3]

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 22.37

No Amare is having a great 2nd half.

nerd.gif

Yeah, Finals MVP is better, but there are still players like Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell, Dennis Johnson, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker who have all won Finals MVP. Great players, but nothing extraordinary. Who is the worst regular season MVP you can find? I guess that would be Steve Nash, a lone example, and he was still better than probably all the Finals MVPs that I mentioned in the previous sentence. Whether you like it or not, regular season MVP is the #1 way to determine an individual player's greatness.

If that's the case then Kareem is better than MJ right?

The MVP is just about whoever's turn it is to win it every year. LeBron is obviously playing great this year, but he'll win it just because it's good for the league. If Durant can put together the same kinda year next year as this year, he'll get it. The NBA needs to promote its stars, especially since they probably aren't all going to win a championship. Giving a star an MVP gives him more credibility and allows the NBA to market him more.

nerd.gif

If that's the case then Kareem is better than MJ right?

And if it isn't then Duncan is better than Kareem right?

Not to mention Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell, Dennis Johnson, James Worthy, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker being better than Julius Erving, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing and David Robinson, right?

No...Kareem has 6 regular season MVPs, Tim has 2, but 6 is still 1 more than MJ has 5. So by your logic Cap>His Airness right?

Can you tell me if we'll survive 2012? Just wondering, the suspense is just killing me

No...Kareem has 6 regular season MVPs, Tim has 2, but 6 is still 1 more than MJ has 5. So by your logic Cap>His Airness right?

Tim Duncan has 3 Finals MVPs, Kareem has 2, 3 is still 1 more than Kareem has 2. So by your logic Timmy>Lew right?

Tim Duncan has 3 Finals MVPs, Kareem has 2, 3 is still 1 more than Kareem has 2. So by your logic Timmy>Lew right?
I never said Finals MVPs were more or less important than regular season MVPs, you said they were the #1 mark of an individual's greatness. So is Cap greater than Jordan or not?

I never said Finals MVPs were more or less important than regular season MVPs, you said they were the #1 mark of an individual's greatness. So is Cap greater than Jordan or not?

I've said it was #1, I haven't said it was the only 1. And yes, the regular season MVP is the most accurate measurement of an individual player's greatness.

LOL it's cuz Kareem played like 5X more than MJ.

MJ would've finished with 10 MVP's if he played as much as Kareem...

But Kareem is great. can be agued that he's the 2nd greatest player of all-time.

We all know Mike suffered from voter boredom too
laugh.gif
  Dude having 5 MVPs isn't even a proper measurement. Plus he took off two years in his prime.

Still with that said...the last 10 full seasons Jordan played for the Bulls he finished either first, second, or third in MVP voting
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

How does a post about the 09-10 MVP turn into a discussion about Kareem and Finals MVP? I didn't know anybody even kept track of that $@!.

Back
Top Bottom