Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
alien.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

Ruud 'out for season'
Real's leading scorer sidelined after surgery

Ruud van Nistelrooy requires surgery on his injured ankle and could miss the rest of the season., according to reports in Spain.
Real Madrid have confirmed that their star striker is to have an operation to repair his damaged right ankle and he is expected to be out of action for at least six weeks.

However, he is not expected to miss this summer's European Championship in Austria and Switzerland.

Lengthy absence

Van Nistelrooy has not played since suffering the injury in the shock 2-0 defeat at Almeria on February 2.

He has missed the last eight matches, including the Champions League exit at the hands of Roma.

Van Nistelrooy is Real's leading scorer this

- http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3322384,00.html

In other news.. strong rumors that link Diego (Werder Bremen) with Real Madrid in the summer. One German daily even reported that the agreement was already inplace and the fee would be around 30 Million Euro.

AND!

Klaas Jan Huntelaar is rumored to be Mijatovic's preferred number 9. Schuster wants Drogba.

Copa Del Rey Semi Final: Valencia vs. Barcelona on right now.

Getafe CF has already made it to the finals (for the 2nd year in a row)

sup man! Lets try to schedule a time so we can play a few games of Fifa lol. I cant believe I didnt score that one buildup when I had like 6 rebounds lol. Btw,You play Be a Pro mode?

ima def get into football manager. Ive heard good things/its addictive.

Its a definite priority for Real Madrid in the summer simply because, with the current squad, Ruud van Nistelrooy is irreplacable. We need another option thatcan cover for him when hes not available. I rate Huntelaar, and luckily there are many options out there.. Mario Gomez, Huntelaar, Amauri, Luis Fabiano, DiegoMilito along with question marks such as Drogba, Vucinic, and David Villa. I know for a fact that the club wants Benzema (as do many clubs) but we cant wait 2years for him.

Heres the Valencia/Barca stream if anyone is interested: http://www.rojadirecta.com/canal/maged_tv-justintv-1.htm

Half time: Valencia 2, Barca 0 (3-1 Agg)
winner plays Getafe in the final.

hoping man utd will sign either benzema, huntelaar, villa or berbatov. i see you guys getting one of those guys but most likely drogba as iv heard hesunsettled at chelsea.

yea man i play be a pro online mode. havent played in a week or two though. get at me on xbox live when your trying to play fifa again.

smh.gif
Real Madrid 2, Valencia 3

smh.gif
Cannavaro..

the gap between first and second is now 4 pts and next match is vs. Sevilla at home..

If you arent/werent watching Real Betis vs. Barcelona.. I feel bad for you!

Barcelona DOMINATED the first half going 2-0. Somehow! Real Betis have scored 3 unanswered goals and have taken the lead 3-2!

Eric Abidal was called for a foul in the box but Edu missed the penalty and then Betis scored off a corner kick like a minute afterwards..

gogogo, heres a good stream:

http://www.rojadirecta.com/canal/psn-1.html

You have to question Frank Rijkaard's decision to subsitute Barcelona's best player during this game.. Bojan Krkic for Giovani Dos Santos when the gamewas still undecided. The Media is going to kill him over this decision.

Villareal can overtake Barcelona for 2nd place today if they win vs. Atletcio Madrid right now. This match is critical for European ambitions.

tomorrow, Real Madrid vs. Sevilla.

Yeah I'm watching that right now...

Off topic, mi amigo xblaze has been storming through x11 as of late. 4 in a row perhaps? haha
smile.gif

yeah man, The Blazabeu must become a fortress! lol

Villareal 2, Atletico 0..

La Liga heats up.. 2 horse race? me thinks not.

so with their 3-0 win over Atletico Madrid.. Villareal has pulled into 2nd place with 3 points behind Real Madrid. Real Madrid has an opportunity to changethat if they can gain a result against Sevilla.

If ya havnt seen a RM vs Sevilla match before, its recommend. The games are usually high scoring and very physical. Sevilla is 3-0 this year against Madrid(they won both Spanish super cup legs, and won at home during regular season.)

Robben is expected to start over Robinho! which means Robben vs. Dani Alves

game starts at 3 pm eastern.

what a freaking game so far man.. Real Madid constantly looking for the 2nd. Nearly. Robben destroys Crespo on the wing forcing a tactical subitution. JesusNavas in for Crespo. Navas takes the right wing and Dani Alves slots at Right back. Robben vs. Alves.

Kanoute scores to make it 1-1.. Raul strikes 1-2 minutes afterwards to make it 2-1.

Real Madrid 3, Sevilla 1

super important win today.. the top of the table now looks like this:

1. Real Madrid 65
2. Villareal 59
3. Barcelona 58
4. Atletico Madrid 50

News/Rumors

Happy Birthday Sergio Ramos!
pimp.gif

Ronaldinho's brother/agent, Roberto de Assis has made it clear that if Ronaldinho is to leave Barcelona, he will consider any, and all offers including aReal Madrid one. Chelsea, and AC Milan are favorites should Ronnie leave Camp Nou.

According to Sport, Real Madrid will tempt Ronaldinho this summer if the team fails to win La Liga.

Rafa Benitez has offered a trade to Real Madrid.. Xabi Alonso for Ruben De La Red + little bit of cash.

Javier Saviola's time at Real Madrid looks to end this summer with the player's name rumored to be included in a player+cash bid for any of thefollowing Sevilla players: Daniel Alves, Christian Poulsen, or Luis Fabiano.

Marca reports that Bernd Schuster's 6 player shortlist includes: Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyonnais), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Christian Poulsen(Sevilla), Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Ricardo Quaresma (Sevilla), and Mario Gomez (Stuttgart). Surprisingly, no Diego? lol

* obviously not every player is an individual target. For example, Benzema is the preferred striker target. If he is not available, Huntelaar or Gomez are nextin line.

Former Real Madrid Galactico, Roberto Carlos beliveves that Real Madrid will capture La Liga title. He also said he would prefer to face Chelsea in theChampions League because hes never played against them, and he was close to a Chelsea move years ago.

Barcelona keen on Bayern Munich star, Philipp Lahm.

My family does not want to live in Sevilla anymore - Luis Fabiano

They (Real Madrid) appear to be close to signing Huntelaar - Luis Fabiano's agent

Nike concerns grow over Ronaldinho's falling profile/form.

Mahamadou Diarra has been assured of his place/future with Real Madrid after his agent met with Pedja Mijatovic.

Villareal continue their admiration of Getafe's Ruben De La Red. Real Madrid owns a buy back option on the player.

According to Sport, Barcelona will consider selling Giovani Dos Santos this summer particularly if a 10 Million Euro bid arrives. A Loan deal is also possible.

Jose Mourinho has denied any contact with Inter Milan and claims he is still available.

According to Skysports, Bayern Munich defender Lucio believes he must leave the German Giants in order to find a new challenge; He has pointed out Real Madrid,or one of the big Italian clubs.

Ronaldinho, and Deco are expected to miss the Champions League clash vs. Shalcke.

Atletico Madrid have reportedly signed Ajax defender, John Heitinga to a 4 year deal. The fee is 10 Million Euro. The Dutchman was recommended to Real Madridby his former teammate, Wesley Sneijder.

"Calderon has told me that I will continue even if we do not win La Liga" - Bernd Schuster

Tottenham Hotspur boss, Juande Ramos eyes the possiblity of a Ronaldinho signing.

Villareal midfielder, Robert Pires has signed a contract extension. The former Arsenal man will remain with the yellow submarine till the summer of 2009.

El Mundo Deportivo claims that Real Madrid want Liverpool midfielder, Xabi Alonso.

In Italy, the press claims that AC Milan are closely monitoring Samuel Eto'o.

Real Madrid are reportedly interested in submitting a 30 Million Euro bid for Ricardo Quaresma. However, FC Porto want 40 Million. It is possible players areused in order to lower the money bid. Quaresma is seen as the right winger player that Madrid currently lack. Since C.Ronaldo is not available, Quaresma is thenext best thing.

Ronnie to Madrid?

Dont know about that one.. Calderon stated there would be no 'space' for a player 'like' Ronaldinho before.. I think Kaka does not want R10 inMilan either..

I think its the management of Barcelona. I've heard rumours of Mourinho waiting for the reigns at Barcelona!

nah, its just speculation by the Catalan press. They're basically saying that his brother hit the media to spite FCB by saying that he would consider aReal Madrid offer. He said anything is possible much like Figo moved. Then he said that he doesnt like to name specific clubs. He also pointed out that hecould leave for a minimal fee due to a Fifa contractual clause. The Madrid media hasnt commented on it at all. There wont be a Real Madrid offer.

or at least, I really really do not think so. We have many capable left sided players (Robinho, Sneijder, Robben, etc.) Although, I like Ronaldinho; Hes nowhere near the same player he was in 05-06. He seems to be a distraction, and/or a negative influence. This is a player who has fallen from grace and yet hestill doesnt seem to get it.. He'll never give up the partying lifestyle. The article that said RM would tempt him specified that "They dont need himbut that wont stop them from checking."

Inter are interested.

Mourinho appears to be waiting for something. He could land the Inter job for next season right now if he wanted. Inter is a giant club, the only reason hewould wait is for AC Milan, Barcelona, or Real Madrid. He has Barca experience so it would make sense that "the translator returns to the Nou Camp."

Also! Raul scored his 290th Goal today against Sevilla.

I agree with you on Mourinho.. I think he's waiting for something. I have a feeling its the Barca stint. Im sure Schuster will be there next season forMadrid..

Would you like Mourinho at Barca if Rijkaard is axed? I ask because many Barca fans tend to dislike Mourinho because of the style of football he implemented at Chelsea. I'd like Schuster to continue on assuming he wins La Liga.

News/Rumors

Ronaldinho is officially out for 6 weeks with right leg injury. There are questions whether he'll play another game this season and even questions whether he'll play in the Barcelona shirt again. He will certainly miss "El Clasico."

Sport claims Internazionale Milan have proposed a trade/swap offer: Adriano for Ronaldinho. One unsettled Brasilian for another.

Adriano showed interest in the swap offer.

"Barcelona is looking for an excuse to sell Ronaldinho" - Rivaldo

Sport claims that Daniel Alves has agreed tenatively to personal terms with Barcelona. The Catalan club will still have to reach a transfer fee agreement with Sevilla during the summer transfer window.

AS reports Bernd Schuster has deemed Daniel Alves an essential signing.

AS claims Alves would prefer a Real Madrid move because he felt a connection with the Bernabeu during the Madrid/Sevilla clash.

Sport claims Alves only wants a Barcelona move because of the whole transfer debacle last summer/he wants a change of scenary.

In addition, Schuster requests one midfielder (Diego of Werder Bremen), and one striker (Klaas Jan Huntelaar). These players are the preference but there are other options should these players be unavailable.

"I dont know when I will return" - Deco

Whoever wants Maro Gomez will have to pay 50 Million Euro - Vfb Stuttgart

"I want to play in the Champions League semi-finals" - Lionel Messi

According to Sport, Joan Laporta has given the green light to sign Josep Guardiola as the new FC Barcelona Coach for next season. The other potential candidates are Laurent Blanc (PSG), Michael Laudrup (Getafe), and Jose Mourinho. However, Manuel Pellegrini (Villareal) may be the preferred replacement for Rijkaard should the Dutchman get axed.

Real Madrid Sporting Director, Pedja Mijatovic was in Rome to witness Roma vs. Manchester United in efforts to scout Alberto Aquilani, Danielle De Rossi, and possibly Marko Vucinic.

Roma are expected to possibly reconstructure De Rossi's contract to blind him of a Real Madrid move.

According to the Catalan Press, Didier Drogba closes in on Real Madrid move.They claim Real Madrid is deciding between Klaas Jan Huntelaar or Didier Drogba.

According to Sport, MLS teams are trying to tempt Thierry Henry to move to the United States.

"If I had to pick one Barcelona player that I would sign, it would be Andres Iniesta" - Pedja Mijatovic

Sport claims Real Madrid insist on Werder Bremen's Diego.

I would like Barcelona to win the Champions League - Pepe (Real Madrid defender)

Red Bull Salzburg wants Lilian Thuram (Barcelona.)

Bernd Schuster admires Sergio "Kun" Aguero's game prompting the press to question.."Kun to Real Madrid?" The answer: No. Atletico Madrid made it clear that their capital neighbors will never have Kun nor "the best fan base in the world."

AC Milan want Ronaldinho for a price in the 20 Million Euro range. Perhaps, Chelsea has something to say about this. Berlusconi is quoted to have said "Vamos a por Ronaldinho." - We're going for Ronaldinho.

The former agent of Cesc Fabregas revealed that FC Barcelona has a preferential option on the player should Arsenal ever decide to sell him. Basically, FCB has the right to match any offer before it is accepted.

The Ezequiel Garay deal that would have sent the Racing Santander defemder to Barcelona for 15 Million euro has collapsed. Barca was supposed to pay 15 Million euro in 3 installments to Racing. However, both clubs mutually agreed to kill the agreement when Barca communicated the inability to make the first installment. Racing Santander has now offered the player to Real Madrid.

Sevilla looking at Sporting Lisbon's Liedson.. as potential replacement for Luis Fabiano?

Bernd Schuster has admitted that signing Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) is impossible right now. He believes they can sign him in a couple of years."Some day, he will be with us."

"I want Ronnie" - AC Milan Coach, Ancelotti

Recreativo Huelva beat Osasuna 1-0.

RCD Mallorca vs. Real Madrid on right now.

all other games tomorrow.

Edit: Sevilla beat Villareal 2-0

Barcelona is playing Getafe right now. They can overtake 2nd place.

UEFA CUP ACTION: Getafe leading Bayern 1-0 at home (2-1 Agg)
Contra 44'

about 5 minutes + stoppage left, Bayern had 2 goals disallowed. Go Getafe Go!

Back
Top Bottom