Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

absolutely heartbreaking, Bayern scored 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to eliminate Getafe on away goals (4-4 agg)

It should be noted Getafe were playing with 10 men after Ruben De La Red was red carded during the 6th minute of regulation.

What a game.. Loca Toni should have been red carded after a tasteless elbow imo.

News/Rumors

AC Milan and Barcelona are already negotiating the transfer that would send Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri. The negotiations have begun at a starting price of 20Million Euro. However, to find an agreement, a higher price may have to be reached. Internazionale are also in the mix.

According to Sport, Ronaldinho already has one foot in the door as he has been granted permission to find a suitable transfer.

"If Ronaldinho leaves, we love him the same" - Samuel Eto'o

"Barca taught me how to play the Champions League" - Sir Alex Fergueson (Manchester United)

"I am going through a difficult time, but I want to stay here" - Mahamadou Diarra on his Real Madrid situation.

According to Mundo, Fenerbahce dreams of Samuel Eto'o.

Barcelona still ponder whether they should go for Alexander Hleb. Hleb, meanwhile, dreams of Barcelona.

According to AS, Sevilla have offered Diego Capel to Real Madrid for 12 Million Euro.

Ruud van Nistelrooy have begun running. He is hoping to reach full fitness in time for El Clasico.

According to Marca, Robert de Assis may attempt to offer Ronaldinho to Atlecio Madrid, or even Real Madrid.

British tabloids see Didier Drogba joining Real Madrid during the summer for 26 Million Euro. Eek.

Pedja Mijatovic is rumored to have been in London witnessing Chelsea vs. Fenerbahce in order to scout Didier Drogba.

According to Sport, Fake injuries have been used to seperate certain squad members from the team. I wonder who?

Sevilla President, Jose Maria Del Nido has has laughed off rumors that he has agreed to sell Daniel Alves to Barcelona for 25 Million Euro. He stated "25Million? that would only be enough to buy his boots" It was rumored Barca offered 22 Million Euro + Giovani Dos Santos for Alves but that was rejected.

"Let's dispatch the fantasy of Real Madrid being stupid enough to buy an out-of sorts, depressed, unfit Ronaldinho. - Graham Hunter

According to Cadenaser, Carlos Kameni may have told one of his agents that he is ready to quit Espanyol.

According to Mundo, Real Madrid have already proclaimed their 2009 Objective: Cristiano Ronaldo. The paper cite Ramon Calderon's quest to prepare for the2010 Champions League final hosted at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium as well as the 2010 Real Madrid Presidential election.

"Manchester are the favorites? thats good for us" - Thierry Henry (Barcelona)

Real Madrid target, Klaas Jan Huntelaar is the first player to score 30 goals in a season since.. Marco van Basten.

"Huntelaar would be successful here" - Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)

Villareal look to try and beat Zaragoza for the AC Milan owned, Ricardo Oliveira.

Hes not leaving soon. Its just tabloid talk. The interest will always be there. It wont matter till United listen or the player "forces" a move. Twothing that are impossible at the moment.

anyways, This summer: I want Dani Alves, a striker, and a midfielder.

and Esteban Granero brought back from Getafe.

what about talent like polacio, riquelme or mancini? iv always thought trezaguet would do well at madrid. hes getting on in years though. def not enough roomfor another 30+ year old striker on the team.

Trezeguet didnt leave Juventus after the scandal/faced relegation so I dont think he'll go anywhere. Madrid specific: Before the 06-07 season, Capellowanted to bring Trezeguet to Real Madrid along with Cannavaro/Emerson. However, Pedja Mijatovic felt Ruud van Nistelrooy was the better choice despiteRuud's controversial late times with Manchester United and his subpar showing at the World Cup. The rest as they say is history.

It'll probably be Huntelaar or Drogba *who is 30+*. (But really, who knows ^^)

Riquelme is an extremely talented player but is a dangerous player in terms of affecting the locker room. Im sure you remember, he and Diego Forlan nearly ledVillareal to the Champions League final before being eliminated by Arsenal in penalty kicks. Hes seen as a diva, or a rebel player that can have a negativeeffect due to his inability to accept a soldier role. He likes being a big fish in a small pond which is why hes content at Boca Juniors now. Why do you thinknoone scooped him up when he was readily available from Villareal? The man is a cancer. It wasnt just Villareal either, lets not forget his exit fromBarcelona.

Which Mancini are you referring to?

Edit:

Valencia vs. Racing Santander on right now
and
Recreativo Huelva vs Barcelona soon -
Rumors circulating that Rijkaard may be forced to put out an attacking trident of: Ezquerro - Eto'o - Giovani
laugh.gif

Gudjohnsen may also take Ezquerro's spot.

Messi returns!

Giovani out..... who was having his best game

Hopefully Messi can get into top form for the ManUre clash. I'm pulling for Barca!

I'd like Barca to win against United as well. The main reason being they represent La Liga.

Gotta love Valdes lol.

Premier League > La Liga. Sorry but this years CL told me alot about how la liga really isnt that good. Premier League club will be winning this yearschamps league.

Ronaldinho agrees general terms with AC Milan

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=525085&cc=5901
This is good for Barcelona. He had become a cancer, and a distraction. Still, look for Inter to make some movement in this subject. You can agreeto personal terms but the clubs have to reach an agreement. There may be a club waiting with a better offer (Manchester City, Chelsea, Inter, etc)

Guti (Real Madrid) has signed a contract extension till 2011.

Barcelona and Real Madrid go for Dani Aquino (Murcia.)

According to Sport, Internazionale Milan and Fenerbahce are showing interest in Samuel Eto'o.

Lionel Messi returned to the field today vs. Recreativo Huelva in order to prepare for Manchester United.

"We cannot let La Liga escape" - Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder (Real Madrid)

Fabio Cannavaro is expected to be rested during Real Madrid's clash against Murcia. Pepe returns.

Arjen Robben and Robinho are expected to start vs. Murcia. This is noteworthy because Schuster has never started them together

"I want to continue with Atletico Madrid" - Atlletico Madrid Head Coach, Javier Aguirre

News/Rumors

Ronaldinho sent an autographed jersey to AC Milan Chairman, Silvio Berlusconi via his brother, Roberto De Assis.

According to Sport, AC Milan are also interested in Barcelona players: Deco, Rafa Marquez, and Zambrotta.

According to Sport, NY Red Bull are interested in bringing Thierry Henry to MLS.

FC Barcelona Technical Secretary , Txiki Begiristain is keen on Olympique Lyonnais starlet Karim Benzema.

According to AS, Juventus representatives were in Madrid yesterday in order to inquire about Mahamadou Diarra, Gonzalo Higuain, and Royston Drenthe.

Real Madrid have made it known that they will listen to offers for Julio Baptista. The player may be useful in acquiring Daniel Alves as Sevilla are interestedin a player+cash offer. The club (Real Madrid) will not consider any offer under 20 Million Euro for La Bestia.

"We would not sell Cristiano Ronaldo.. not even for 120 Million" - Former Real Madrid Coach, and Manchester United Number 2, Carlos Quieroz

Real Madrid may be interested in Olympique Marseille's Lorik Cana.

Tennis star, Rafa Nadal has urged Diego (Werder Bremen) to join Real Madrid.

Real Madrid fans have voted Alfredo Di Stefano the best player in the history of Real Madrid.

Numerous clubs including Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, and Real Madrid are rumored to have shown interest in Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb. I personallythink this guy belongs in La Liga. Hes very skilled, and has alot of technical ability.

I believe I've communicated this but just incase: Real Madrid will participate in the 2nd annual Emirates Cup. Juventus will also be a participant.

"We want Cristiano Ronaldo to be an emblem of Real Madrid" - Pedja Mijatovic

"La Liga is the best" - Fernando Torres (Liverpool)

Barcelona prodigy, Bojan Krkic is set for a new bumper contract deal.

Real Madrid legend, Raul, has been left out of the preliminary Spanish squad for Euro 2008.

Atletico Madrid Head Coach, Javier Aguirre has rejected the opportunity to be the next coach of the Mexican National Team.

"Manchester United fears Barcelona too" - Barca legend, Johan Cruyff

6 Spanish players in the Premiership have tipped Barcelona on how to handle Manchester United.

tomorrow!

2007-2008
Copa Del Rey Final: Getafe CF vs. Valencia CF live from the Vicente Calderon in Madrid.

Go Getafe Go!
pimp.gif

The Catalan Derby ended 0-0 between Barcelona, and Espanyol.

Real Madrid beat Racing Santander today with goals from Raul, and Gonzalo Higuain.

The point difference is now 11 points with 5 games remaining (15 points up for grabs.)

Real Madrid and Barcelona clash at the Bernabeu May 7th.

I'll edit for news/rumors later today.

Edit:

Breaking News: Ronald Koeman has been fired By Valencia. Valencia were smashed 1-5 by Athletic Bilbao and are just 2 pointsaway from relegation. Although, they won the Copa Del Rey.. the team/club remain unsettled with several of their stars questioning their future with LosChe.

I heard on SI.com that Nike is helping Inter in an attempt to get Ronaldinho.

Anyone hear about this?

the rumors are that Nike would much prefer Ronaldinho at Inter as opposed to AC Milan obviously due to Inter's nike sponsorships. In fact, Inter and Nikeextended the deal for a longer term this year. Ronaldinho to Milan is not necessarily a done deal. He can agree to personal terms but the clubs must reach anagreement. At this point, they are far from it. Other clubs actively seeking R10 are Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, and possibly Chelsea. Although, I dontknow about Tottenham now because they have just signed Luka Modric.

Deportivo La Coruna beat Barcelona 2-0 today at El Riazor. Its obvious that Barcelona are focusing on their Champions League contention as Rijkaard rested manyof the key players.

Now, It is possible that Real Madrid clinch the league title tomorrow with a win vs. Athletic Bilbao and a Villareal loss.

News/Rumors

According to Sport, Bayern Munich fullback, Philipp Lahm is now closer to a Barcelona move after Bayern Munich retracted their contract extension offer thatthe player had yet to sign. AS claims that Lahm has already agreed to personal terms with the Catalan Giants.

According to AS, Zlatan Ibrahimovic seems to be interested in the idea of a Real Madrid move. Meanwhile, Real Madrid coach, Bernd Schuster "would love tohave Ibra at Madrid."

"I know that one day, I will play in Spain" - Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid are rumored to be seeking a price quote for Chelsea's Michael Essien. The midfielder is seen as the heir replacement to his ex-Lyon teammate,Mahamadou Diarra. It is possible that Real Madrid offer Diarra + cash for Essien.

Valencia are rumored to be interested in signing Racing Santander Coach, Marcelinho.

AC Milan/Barcelona talks have died down after both parties have entirely different valuations of Ronaldinho's value. However, Ronaldinho'sbrother/agent, Roberto De Assis is keen to revive the talks.

Ruud van Nistelrooy has returned to training with the rest of the squad after recovering from ankle surgery. The Dutchman will not play tomorrow againstAthletic Bilbao but will most likely get playing time against Osasuna in order to be match fit for El Clasico.

According to the Madrid press, Ramon Calderon has made 40 Million GBP available for summer spending.

Numerous English clubs including Newcastle, Tottenham, and Chelsea are rumored to have contacted Barcelona over Thierry Henry's situation. At thispaticular point in time, Henry has rejected the idea of returning to England.

Jose Mourinho wants Barcelona, or Real Madrid job.

Barcelona, and Real Madrid rival each other for Vasco de Gama prodigy, Coutinho.

"To get the books back in order it would be enough to sell Kaka to Real Madrid for £55m," - Adriano Galliani

Valencia target Espanyol Keeper, Kameni.

If you havnt already, you must watch that Marcos Senna goal that helped Villareal get the 3 points from Betis. What a strike.

Iker.. we are not worthy
pimp.gif

yeah that senna strike was insane... to have the audacity to try that AND succeed... amazing...

meanwhile, Madrid pulls a 'quick-fire double'...

also, I'm trying to find out who the English commentator is... we get the C+ feed (Spanish TV Network)... the guy commentating is speaking in English buthas a Spanish accent... he also has a distinct, whiney/naselly sound to his voice... anybody?

I know who you're talking about because he commented the game vs. Valencia in the first half of the season.. He kept saying "this is a joke, this is ajoke, this is a joke" after Madrid scored 4 on them in the first half of the game.

Unfortunately, I dont know his name.

Edit: Great game/result. MotM = Iker. Quality subs by Schuster as Higauin, and Robben score shortly after entering the game. I want to wrap up the titlequickly so players such as Marcelo, Drenthe, Higuain, Saviola, Balboa, etc can get some more playing time.

oh.. and we got ruuuud back for next game.

Barcelona absolutely demolish/humiliate Valencia 6-0..
laugh.gif

Real Madrid can clinch title with a victory against Osasuna.. Go, Go, Go (50 cent voice)

No hate against Madrid, but I'd rather not see them win today.. makes the midweek matchup with Barca a lot more interesting... especially with how theytore up Valencia...

and 100mn Euro bid for Messi... wow!

I prefer the win today not only to wrap up the league as soon as possible but in order to receive the gaurd of honor aka Pasillo from Barcelona lol.

0-0 at half. Heinze will miss El Clasico due to yellow card accumulation.

I'll go on to rumors after the game. Alot of David Villa to Real Madrid, Barcelona exodus, etc.

Back
Top Bottom