Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

|I
tired.gif
Mallorca 0, Valencia 2Goals:Sevilla 2, Real Madrid 0Goals:
REAL MADRID

ehh.. I'll admit Olympiacos are a tough side, especially at home. Im confident that we'll earn at least one point, and heres why:

1. Ruud, and Raul are bred for the Champions League. They play at a much higher level in this competition. In the Champions League, Raul has 58 (Goals) while Ruud has 52.

2. Robinho was unstoppable in the 2nd half at the Bernabeu. His stats: 2 Goals, 1 assist, 1 earned penalty. He indirectedly assisted the first goal as well.

3. Michel Salgado was terrible on match day 3. He played because of injuries to our CB's forcing Sergio Ramos to play CB while Salgado plays RB. Ramos will return to the RB position on matchday 4.

4. Perhaps, the Return of Pepe. He suffered an injury Round 1 of La Liga vs. Atletico. He adds athletcism, and speed to our CB partnership.

5. Casillas, Casillas, and Casillas.

Other: Sneijder was not called up for the Sevilla clash due to a light injury he picked up in practice. He'll be back.

REAL MADRID

some Round 11 Highlights

Sevilla vs. Real Madrid

Atletico vs. Villareal

Barcelona vs. Betis

Mallorca vs. Valencia

Zaragoza vs. Valladolid

REAL MADRID

you win this round :lol:
laugh.gif
Tuesday November 6th (Match day 4):Real Madrid CFValencia CFWednesday November 7th (Match day 4 Continued)FC BarcelonaFC Sevilla
REAL MADRID

Bump for Getafe vs. Barcelona (2pm Eastern - Gol TV.)

as well as Valencia vs. Murcia (4pm Eastern)

Every other match is on Sunday.
REAL MADRID

There are no verbal words to describe our display today. :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

bump for Real Madrid vs. Mallorca

My personal pick for spotlight game of the week: Villareal vs. Sevilla. 2 hours later.

Edit: Robinshow with the brace.

2-2, shoot out at the Bernabeu.

Real Madrid 4 - 3 Mallorca.

Goals:
Real Madrid
: Robinho (12', 17'), Raul (63'), v.Nistelrooy (73')
Mallorca: Valera (14', 37'), Guiza (58')

Basically, Real Madrid's defense (Diarra included)�made critical errors that resulted in 2�Mallorca goals. Their 2nd goal was a case of better offense asopposed to bad defense. Robinho aka "El Principe" = Man of the Match. He scored 2, and assisted Raul for another. Hes been playing incredible sincethe "Party in Rio" Controversy. Hope it continues.

Villareal 3 - 2 Sevilla

Goals:
Sevilla: Kanoute (34'), L.Fabiano (50')
Villareal: G.Franco (31', 68'), M.Fernandez (86' PEN)
Red Card: Dani Alves (44')

Some Highlights (I'll post the Villareal/Sevilla highlights when they become available:smile:

First Vid: Getafe vs. Barcelona.

Real Madrid. vs. Mallorca.

Round 12 Highlights Continued (I was having problem with Yuku )

First = Valencia vs. Murcia ///�Second�= Almeria vs. Atletico�

Copa Del Rey (Brief History via Wikipedia:smile:

Reigning Copa Del Rey Champion: Sevilla

The Copa del Rey is an annual cup competition for Spanish football teams. Its full name is Copa de Su Majestad El Rey Don Juan CarlosI (His Majesty King Juan Carlos I's Cup). It was initially known as the Copa del Ayuntamiento de Madrid (Madrid CityCouncil's Cup). Between 1905 and 1932, it was known as the Copa de Su Majestad El Rey Alfonso XIII (His Majesty King AlfonsoXIII's Cup).

In other words, its a tournament based competition similiar to the Premiership's FA Cup. The winner automatically qualifies for the UEFA Cup, and earns aplace in the Spanish SuperCup.

Copa Del Rey (King's Cup) Round 1:

Tuesday November 13th

Alocayano vs. Barcelona
Denia vs. Sevilla
Hercules vs. Athletic Bilbao

Wednesday November 14th

Valladolid vs. Murcia
Pontevedra vs. Zaragoza
Xeres vs. Recreativo
Malaga vs. Racing Santander
Levante vs. Almeria
Las Palmas vs. Villareal
Burgos vs. Getafe
Elche vs. Betis
Granada 74 vs. Atletico Madrid
Osasuna vs. Mallorca
Espanyol vs. Deportivo
Real Union vs. Valencia
Alicante vs. Real Madrid

Happy Thanksgiving
pimp.gif

International break soon over.. time for some rumors:

Real Madrid, and Manchester United continue their admiration for Sporting's Miguel Veloso.

FC Barcelona RB Zambrottta is rumored to be seeking a move back to Italy: via AC Milan. Sport claims that if Zambo does end up with the Rossoneri, Barca wouldthen look to replace him with Sevilla's Dani Alves.

According to the English press, Real Madrid has already begun talks with Chelsea over the transfer of Didier Drogba. Daily Mirror claims the price could reach40 million euro
grin.gif

According to Marca//English press.. Several Premiership clubs including Tottenham, and Manchester City are interested in LA BESTIA! Julio Baptista. AS Roma isalso rumored to be very interested in the Brazilian. The player himself has reiterated his desire to stay in Madrid many times but is rumored to have given thegreen light for a Roma transfer (according to his agent.)

Internazionale has stepped up their interest in Marseille's Samir Nasri. This has alterted Real Madird to turn up the heat on the player's potentialtransfer.

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and AC Milan are following Sao Paulo defender Breno. The 18 year old is being strongly linked to Real Madrid as a long termreplacement for Fabio Cannavaro. Bayern are keen to have the player be the apprentice to Brazilian defender Lucio. AC Milan want to get younger, and whatbetter way then to obtain a talented/versatile 18 year old defender.

FC Barcelona may be interested in unsettled Juventus midfielder Tiago. Juventus may ask for Rafa Marquez in return as part of a deal. Barcelona's intereststems from wanting a Edgar Davids type of player.

and my personal favorite rumor//news! Ruud van Nistelrooy is expected to sign a contract extension with Real Madrid through 2010. The clubfeels that the player has earned the extension and would be happy to have him retire as a Real Madrid player. The club, and player are expected to announce theextension officially after their Champions League clash with Werder Bremen. Ruud van Goal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This Saturday:

Barcelona vs. Recreativo
Sevilla vs Mallorca.
Murcia vs. Real Madrid

Ronnie to Chelsea?

I hope not..

Real also denied any speculation signing Ronnie lol.

292181576.jpg

Eto'o: Reunited again!
Messi: All for one, and one for...
Ronaldinho: Just a second guys, Abramovich (Roman) is calling me

but yeah.. lol. Real Madrid Sporting Director Predrag Mijatovic was asked if he would consider moving for Ronaldinho. He said "Ronaldinho would not have aplace in the Real Madrid squad." He said something along the lines of: we have better players that play that position.

Other rumors/news:

Firstly, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon claims that the club are not going to be buying nor selling any player in the Winter Transfer window.

Real Madrid Backup Goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek wants out. The Polish Goalkeeper wishes to leave Real Madrid because he wants first team playing time. Why? BecauseDudek wants to play for Poland in Euro 2008. The Poland National Team Coach has promised Dudek that he will be his starting keeper only if he plays regularly..with argueably the worlds best keeper Iker Casillas starting.. I doubt thats going to happen here.

Real Madrid are tracking Adrian Mutu from Fiorentina as well as Vucinic from AS Roma.

Real Madrid are seeking to loan out Drenthe in order to give the player consistent first team experience.

Chelsea offer Florent Malouda in exchange for Royston Drenthe. Malouda has been ranting about his time at Chelsea so far and thus the London club isinterested in offloading him for Drenthe - a player whom they were tracking before he forced a move to Real Madrid. However, Mijatovic has killed these rumorsby stating that Drenthe is not for sale. "He is the future of European football."

My Take: Contradictary Royston Drenthe rumors.. His situation is simply that patience is required from the player, the club, and the fans.Unlike most Real Madrid players who are purchased in order to contribute immediately. Drenthe was purchased in order to develop him as a Real Madrid player.There is a reason that Arjen Robben was purchased as well. They both play the same ideal position of Left Winger. The answer being Robben was purchased inorder to be the starter now whilst the club unlocks Drenthe's potential.

Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy admits that he is close to renewing his contract with Los Merengues.

My Take: woot woot

FC Barcelona players Samuel Eto'o and Deco return from Injury.

Most recently, Ronaldinho claims that he wants to stay at Barcelona.

Gianluca Zambrotta's agent has denied the claims that the Italian defender wants an AC Milan move in January.

Real Betis has sacked their Coach, Hector Cuper.

Jose Mourinho is rumored to be delaying a decision for the England job as he is more intrigued by the idea of taking the helm at Barcelona.

damn, 4 reds in 12 minutes in Atletico v Getafe

anyone need a link to Barca v Depor up next? Gol Tv in English

Barca 2 - Depor 1.

pimp.gif

F Henry, Barca should go back to their initial 3 R10, Eto'o and Messi..

^indeed. im tired of henry missing point blank 1 on 1's. and then watching him put his hands on his head with that stupid look on his face.
he shouldve 3 or 4 times as many goals as he has now.

eto'o > henry
henry had his chance.

Back
Top Bottom