Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

Remember, all Round 10 games are to be played Wednesday October 31st except Valladolid vs. Barcelona. That will be played the next day, Thursday November 1st.

Some Highlights of Round 9:

Real Madrid vs. Deportivo La Coruna.

Barcelona vs. Almeria

Sevilla vs. Valencia

Zaragoza vs. Villareal

REAL MADRID

PSV Einhoven Boss Ronald Koeman will become the new Valencia CF Coach. Koeman will take the helm for the remainder of the season + 2 more seasons. He is to be presented officially, immediate following the contract signing on Friday November 2nd. Koeman has wasted no time in sounding targets for Los Che.. as there are reports he wants Hamburg's Dutch playmaker: Rafael van der Vaart to join him at Valencia.

Spotlight Game of Round 10: Valencia vs. Real Madrid at the Mestalla to kick off at 4 pm Eastern.

Another potentially great gameWEDNESDAY:

Brilliant first half by Los Merengues at the Mestalla.. Real Madrid led 4-0 into half. Valencia pulld one back but Robinho revived the 4 goal advantage.

Valencia 1, Real Madrid 5

Goals:
Valencia: Angulo (58')
Real Madrid: Raul (00'), v.Nistelrooy (24'), Sergio Ramos (29'), v.Nistelrooy (36'), Robinho (64')

Meanwhile Atletico Madrid, and Sevilla are going at it. They're tied up, 2-2 at Half Time.

Atletico Madrid 4, Sevilla 3

Goals
Atletico: Maniche (2'), S. Aguero (17'), Maxi Rodriguez (70'), Juardo (90')
SevillaTHURSDAY:
REAL MADRID

I saw Real vs Valencia last night.

Real Madrid are looking serious this season, their midfeild passing was top notch, there so exciting to watch!
vamos argentina
F.C.BARCELONA

yeah man. The first half was "orgasmic" lol. Marcelo did a fantastic job locking down Joaquin. You saw Metzelder's miss in front of goal? lol.. Its in the highlight video below. We all now know why Metz is a defender.

Check the Valencia vs Real Madrid highlights featuring Ray Hudson commentary. Dude is the best commentator out period! He said a few gems including:

"The defense of Valencia looking like the Bermuda Triangle."

"What do you say.. man.. thats a bad goal celebration.. but he is an absolutely angelic footballer sent from the heavens."

and my personal favorite:

"This is the best example of a public execution this side of North Korea." - LOLOL

Highlights:

Valencia vs. Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid vs. Sevilla

Valladolid vs. Barcelona

TODAY'S RESULTS:

Valladolid 1, Barcelona 1

Goals-
Valladolid: Llorente (16')
Barcelona: Ronaldinho (42')

Espanyol 0, Murcia 0
REAL MADRID

barca needs eto'o badly.
henry is a great player but they signed him to score goals and hes been very underwhelming thus far....even though he didnt play against valladolid. does anyone know why?

these injuries are really hurting the teams chemistry.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

^ Henry was left off the team sheet due to Achilles tendonitis (left leg.) I think Barca are missing Deco most of all. Eto'o will certainly improve finishing.. something that has been inconsistent so far.
REAL MADRID

Spotlight Game of Round 11: Sevilla vs. Real Madrid at the Sanchez Pizjuan. Match will be played at 5pm Eastern. The match will be televised on Gol TV.

Sevilla:

Palop; Alves, Fazio, Dragutinovic, Crespo; Keita, Poulsen, Jess Navas, Adriano; Luis Fabiano, and Frederick Kanout.

Real MadridWHO TO LOOK FOR:Offense:

Luis Fabiano (Sevilla Striker): Kanoute usually gets the nod as the most dangerous striker in the Sevilla roster. However, Luis Fabiano is in super form. He has been deadly, scoring from freekicks, penalties, and in open play.

Robinho (Real Madrid Winger)Defense:

Daniel Alves (Sevilla RB) the counter attack, take certain set pieces, and cross into the box for Kanoute/Fabiano.

Marcelo (Real Madrid LB)ing XI at the LB position - beating out Gabriel Heinze. He locked down one of the best Wingers in the game: Joaquin (vs. Valencia.) He is the youngest, and least experienced member of the Real Madrid back 4 so he'll have to show up.

REAL MADRID

Yo xblaze theres more info about our X11 league in this post: p087.ezboard.com/fniketal...5288.topic 8)
glasses.gif

Tchau!

The first one was a belter. The second one was crap defending. We need one by the half.
REAL MADRID

Referee has allowed this to turn into a death match. I feel like im watching WWE. The yellow cards will continue to fly. Our shooting has been poor.
REAL MADRID

Basically lol. Couple minutes of the first half was nothing but "The Peoples Elbow's" being done to each other.

It might be time to look ahead to the next match blaze because Sevilla is in control......
Tchau!

NEVER! I want at least one point from a trip to the Sanchez Pizjuan. That damn place is cursed. Schuster better have a damn Capello style speech prepared for this.

at least let Ruud score a goal to help my fantasy team... :lol:
laugh.gif
REAL MADRID

Thats Fabiano's usual self.. Hes like the Inzaghi of La Liga. But, like I said in prematch analysis.. Hes on fire lately.

Edit: Sevilla's plan to stop Robinho: Operation Linebacker.
REAL MADRID

Back
Top Bottom