Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

* Interesting news from the Star-Ledger in New Jersey. Former No. 1 overall draft pick David Carr will visit the 49ers this weekend. The paper speculates that move might herald a battle between former No. 1 picks -- Alex Smith, of course, being the other. In my mind, a Carr signing is bad news not for Smith but for No. 2 quarterback Shaun Hill. Carr, 30, has been a back up for the Giants the last two years. He completed 21 of 33 passes last season. Carr, who is from Bakersfield, also is expected to draw interest from the Cardinals.
* After playing very well in relief of injured left tackle Joe Staley last season, Sims has drawn interest from two other teams, according to his agent. Sims wants to return to the 49ers but will explore his options.
haha carr, a record 76 sacks in 2002... he mighta been bad but he deserved every dollar he got

sims was straight amazing when staley was hurt. i thought smith was lookin at another separated shoulder for sure with barry watching the blind side, but he did a great job

for the bears SS > OL(the whole damn like as far as i care) > CB > WR

our wrs will be ok just as they are we NEED them other spots just to be a playoff team

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

Sounding like Okung is going to be the guy Detroit looks at #2 now. Love it. Move Backus inside to LG and that becomes a much better OL. It should be quite a few options for Detroit from now until the 22nd. Now with 2 very solid DL's, we can look into trading down since the need for DT is a little less now.
As bad as I want Suh, I have to agree that trading down a few spots and taking Okung would be our best bet. Just please get Backus out of that LT spot.

But the idea of a Delmas/Berry secondary sounds too amazing.. aah the possibilities!
You guys are CRAZY, I swear if Detroit doesn't draft Suh or McCoy I might just give up on this damn team.  They need to develop a pass rush, Corey Williams isn't the answer at DT.  For Vanden Bosh to excel the Lions need to put a solid tackle in there that is going to garner alot of attention.  As bad as the O-Line is, that can be addressed in later rounds.  You guys are talking about passing up on 2 players that are obviously the best players in the draft.  Luckily Schwartz is a defensive coach, and I think he realizes that it doesn't matter how good your O-Line is, if your defense can't stop anyone you aren't going to win games.  Best thing to do is take the best player this year(Suh or McCoy) make big strides on improving the defense and see how that works out and if they can at least keep games close for the offense to have a shot.  Then if it doesnt work out with a late round O-lineman, next years draft use a first round pick on one(but pick the best one available at that spot, instead of pulling a Rod Marinelli and picking the 3rd best still up on the board).

Co-sign...I'd be shocked if they didn't take Suh or McCoy.

Grab a safety (Atogwe please) and draft a whole bunch of O-Line (like John Jerry) and we might go 10-6.
pimp.gif

espn will keep this story to a minimal .......Ben doesn't fit the type of people they go after 24/7
smh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Arizona is closing in on a long-anticpated deal to trade Pro Bowl wide receiver Anquan Boldin. Leading contender: Baltimore. KC also in
Ugh, Boldin, Stallworth, Clayton and maybe Owens? Not fair 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

yet the bears still didnt get a wide receiver. smh

But they have Devin Hester.  He's going to be a star.

Never a star number 1 like Marshall, fitz...

Good number 2, but they need a star or someone else that's solid. Earl Bennett ain't it.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

yet the bears still didnt get a wide receiver. smh

But they have Devin Hester.  He's going to be a star.

Never a star number 1 like Marshall, fitz...

Good number 2, but they need a star or someone else that's solid. Earl Bennett ain't it.

but devin hester. he got 100 speed rating in madden

ugghhhh...david carr, we already have a bust at qb

would rather want chad or jake

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Dolphins terminated the contracts of linebackers Akin Ayodele and Joey Porter along with safety Gibril Wilson
roll.gif
roll.gif
We're going to have one empty team. I'm reading reports that we probably will miss out on Dansby, Rolle, and the big name receivers.

Trifecta ftl!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I heard today on the radio that the Skins are not expected to make a big splash in FA.....they are going to fill some holes on the O-Line, but there won't be any mega-deals like we've seen in years past. This is a good thing. It goes to show that Bruce Allen/Shanny are sticking to a plan and not letting Danny Boy run the team into the ground anymore (I hope). They were also saying that the team is VERY high on LeGarrette Blount. RB is a position that needs a major upgrade.

*Gift...what do you think about passing on drafting a QB in the draft and signing a guy like Chad Pennington to a 2 year deal or something along those lines? Of course Pennington/Campbell aren't the answers, but you can at least build up depth on the o-line over the next year or so...and then focus on drafting a QB in 2011. Have Campbell as your #1 going into the season, but he'll be on a short leash....

I like the idea. (Though I'd hope we'd can find someone better than Pennington)

At the same time I think Shanahan would want to start getting a young guy ready sooner and is the type who picks linemen later in drafts (based on the past) hoping to find a diamond in the rough 

I love the thought of Blount too...

Tony Pashos is at ******* Park according to ******** Insider. What do you think about bringing Lito Sheppard (Got to replace Smoot) and/or OJ Attogwe (Heard he has a low tender offer on the Radio)?

I'm guessing Atogwe would be in to push for a starting job alongside Laron Landry.....he's made some big plays in the past couple of years, and this defense needs someone who can have an impact around the ball.

As far as Sheppard....he's on the decline, but he's an upgrade over Smoot.  Maybe this will light a fire under Roger's behind as well if Shanny makes it clear that there is going to be a competion for the #2 CB spot. 

I just want to comment on the QB situation. Please remember what Shanny did with Cutler and Plummer. He loves a QB who is mobile with a big arm and they fit his system VERY well. He makes the reads easy for them and uses them in boot action ALOT. On paper Campbell is great fit for that west coast offense they run...time will tell though how Mike feels about the situation.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Quit it finnns, you're makin me nervous, we're gonna be fine. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry man. Talking to a lot of fellow Phinfans right now, not a generally good feeling going around. We're not mentioned in any reports for the big receivers, and defensively we need about 3-4 linebackers and a safety. Not to mention a nosetackle.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by CP1708

Quit it finnns, you're makin me nervous, we're gonna be fine. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry man. Talking to a lot of fellow Phinfans right now, not a generally good feeling going around. We're not mentioned in any reports for the big receivers, and defensively we need about 3-4 linebackers and a safety. Not to mention a nosetackle.

Dansby's still in Davie as we speak. That's a great sign! No Rolle and no Boldin (Ravens)

Back
Top Bottom