Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

I wouldnt count on Kenny Phillips just yet. That knee problem is a serious issue.

[h1]Sources: Pennington signs for one year[/h1]
  •  
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Chad Pennington will return to the Miami Dolphins.

The two sides have reached an agreement in which Pennington will receive a one-year contract for $2.5 million but allow for another $1.515 million if he is traded, according to sources. A team interested in Pennington confirmed that it was informed of Pennington's renewed commitment to the Dolphins.

Pennington had requested a no-trade clause that was rejected by the Dolphins. If he's traded, he'll make $4.15 million in 2010 but his primary goal is to strengthen his surgically repaired shoulder throughout the year, mentor the team's young quarterbacks and provide insurance at the position if he's needed to play, a team source said.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Rolle to the G-Men is an extremely good look for us!

im liking the move
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Dansby? Well, it fills one hole. I still believe Parcells is allergic to talented receivers. $&@# him and Jeff Ireland.

I'm saying, I do understand the move to get Dansby, but there is a glaring need for Wide Out, this is nuts.

Re-sign Pennington to backup Henne.  Add a solid MLB in Dansby. 

I hope this means Bill will look at Dez and do what it takes to get him.  If he ain't there, we go DE at 12 imo

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by AG 47

That defense should be scary again with Peppers and a healthy Urlacher.
I have no fear in watching what the Bears are doing. Daniel Snyder hasshown that you cannot win by making the biggest free agent splash.They've thrown big money at 30+ year-old guys that, while aredefinitely still on top of their game, have nothing else ofsignificance around them.

If they would have found a way to land Boldin I would seriously givethem some consideration. As of now, they are still 3rd in the North.

Who are teams supposed to fear?--- Johnny Knox?
Do they actually believe the 2000-04 version of Brian Urlacher is going to appear next season?

I was listening to Chicago Sports radio for a little bit and hour ago and began to wonder if the leagueshould just hand over the 2011 Super Bowl Trophy to the Bears rightnow?-- My GOD were the Bears fans that called in some of the craziest people alive. It'slike an instant replay of the day they traded for Cutler and thought hewas their Messiah.

How's that work out for you Bears' fans?
Sounds like someone's mad...

The free agent point isn't really valid. Do you think the Saints overpaid Drew Brees? Are the Yankess less credible for spending money on big free agents?...etc.

As far as the receivers go, your point is valid. We don't necessarily need a superstar receiver to win though - just a reliable one. Last year are receivers were somewhat reliable yet inexperienced. Hopefully they'll know their stuff this time around.

And obviously no one thinks Urlacher will return to form but if he's at 80 percent he's still good. Peppers can make or break our defense and Chicago fans are celebrating because they realize how much upside our defense now has (Chicago fans are crazy when stuff like this happens because it never does). We've got the guy we need to help our scheme and hopefully he does just that. BTW, nice to judge Cutler after ONE season. I'm pretty damn sure the Broncos regret losing him.

I'm late on this, but the ravens got boldin and Stalworth?
sick.gif

contrary to what many people might think, i think stallworth is gonna do work this season

JPZ, i couldnt agree more that we as bears fans are nuts, personally i wont believe in the bears until we get a solid WR

Bears arent gonna get a big name WR , and they never were. People who #$#*! and complain need to understand that.

And there are plenty of people who aren't too excited about the Peppers signing, but at least the money is being spent.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Am I the only Cowboys fan that thinks we should give up our first-round pick for Antoine Bethea?

I understand the reasoning, but I think getting a young offensive lineman is a more pressing need than a safety. Flozell and company ain't getting any younger. I wouldn't have mind if we made a play for Antrel Rolle.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by dreClark

Early Doucet has already shown that he can replace him.

eap1cw.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude just scored his 1st career TD's in the playoffs!
laugh.gif

You guys are acting like I called Early a better WR than Boldin.

I was simply trying to say without Boldin, the offense was still successful with Early taking his spot.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I have no fear in watching what the Bears are doing. Daniel Snyder has shown that you cannot win by making the biggest free agent splash. They've thrown big money at 30+ year-old guys that, while are definitely still on top of their game, have nothing else of significance around them.

If they would have found a way to land Boldin I would seriously give them some consideration. As of now, they are still 3rd in the North.

Who are teams supposed to fear?--- Johnny Knox?
Do they actually believe the 2000-04 version of Brian Urlacher is going to appear next season?

I was listening to Chicago Sports radio for a little bit and hour ago and began to wonder if the league should just hand over the 2011 Super Bowl Trophy to the Bears right now?-- My GOD were the Bears fans that called in some of the craziest people alive. It's like an instant replay of the day they traded for Cutler and thought he was their Messiah.

How's that work out for you Bears' fans?

nfl_a_peppers14_288v.jpg

Originally Posted by Respect21

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by dreClark

Early Doucet has already shown that he can replace him.

eap1cw.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude just scored his 1st career TD's in the playoffs!
laugh.gif
You guys are acting like I called Early a better WR than Boldin.

I was simply trying to say without Boldin, the offense was still successful with Early taking his spot.

Leinart to Early does it for ya does it? 

Boldin ain't walk out alone my good man.  There's a top level QB that bailed too.  That offense about to take a dive of epic proportions. 

Back
Top Bottom