Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Good old Peezy, he'll talk junk to the opponents if nothing else

Cool stuff about Ty, nice example for his kids and others

Not much else, this is a big draft for Pitt in my opinion. If they miss it could be some down years starting in 2011 or 2012 due to age and players being done

^^ true, our biggest concern is pretty much all the defensive positions. Seems like we dedicate every 3 or 4 drafts to either the offense or defense.
I think well go mostly defense this go round

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Props to Ty Warren....there's nothing like getting that degree....the NFL money will come and go, but that diploma will always be with you. Homie got sights on a bigger picture...can't be mad at that.

Yes a degree is nice but 250K thats almost 4 times what a normal person with a degree makes in a YEAR.  Thats 250K for working about 50-60 days for about 2-3 hours a day.

This isnt a smart business decision.
You're looking at the short-term, my friend.  Think big picture. 

Skins sign Larry Johnson, Rex Grossman, and now maybe Joey Porter? 

ohwell.gif

CP....Skins needed a backup QB, and this is a FA market.  I wish they would have made a bid for Chad Pennington, but his shoulder must still be messed up.  Grossman was brought in because of his history w. Kyle Shanahan.  Hopefully, he never sees the field in the regular season. 

Larry Johnson...meh...but whatever it takes to light a fire under Portis' !*%.  This is most liekly Johnson's last stop in the NFL, so maybe he'll come out with something to prove.  He's got close to nothing left in the tank (thanks, Herm) so I'm not too optimistic about his production...Portis/Johnson will have about 1300 yards rushing.  COMBINED. 

Porter is who I'm the most curious about.  He seems to be on the decline, but he's an animal in the 3-4.  Like Johnson, he'll come out with something to prove.  He'll bring intensity and fire to the defense, and will be good for about 8-12 sacks. 

Skins will be headed for a 5-11 season...it's all about putting the pieces in place to get the team back to respectibility (sp?) It won't happen overnight, but I think we gotta trust Shanny....

Joey can play.

and here's some Hilarious info, did yall know Chris Simms and Mike Shanahan's son have each other's initials tattoo'd on themselves. they're BFFs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Apparently Jamarcus Russell showed up appearing to have lost some weight and being in much better shape than in previous years.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Joey can play.

and here's some Hilarious info, did yall know Chris Simms and Mike Shanahan's son have each other's initials tattoo'd on themselves. they're BFFs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
yeah I read on the Skins MB to prepare for Chris Simms' arrival in DC as soon as Kyle Shanahan came over.. hilarious.

Joey can rush the QB, the rest of his LB skills really aren't great now but just keep him coming off the edge and
he can be effective

[h1]Report: Anderson appears headed for Cardinals[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 17, 2010 12:02 PM ET

The following tweet comes from Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official team website:

"QB Derek Anderson reportedly agrees with Cards."

We're not entirely sure if Urban is reporting the news himself or if someone else is, so we'll hold off saying this one is official just yet.

The move would make a lot of sense, though.  The Cardinals don't want to risk losing Anderson and Charlie Whitehurst.  There has been speculation that Seattle's acquisition of an extra draft pick Tuesday in exchange for Darryl Tapp will be used to get Whitehurst.

The Cardinals want a viable option at quarterback in case Matt Leinart doesn't pan out.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Props to Ty Warren....there's nothing like getting that degree....the NFL money will come and go, but that diploma will always be with you. Homie got sights on a bigger picture...can't be mad at that.

Yes a degree is nice but 250K thats almost 4 times what a normal person with a degree makes in a YEAR.  Thats 250K for working about 50-60 days for about 2-3 hours a day.

This isnt a smart business decision.
You're looking at the short-term, my friend.  Think big picture. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to get the degree, you know, AFTER YOU'RE DONE PLAYING FOOTBALL? $250k is a LOT of coin. Dude clearly has no concept of money since he's making so much RIGHT NOW. $250k will put all of his kids through college.  Sounds like Ty isn't thinking about the big picture.

Florida's 40s (unofficial)

Brandon Spikes - 5.05

Aaron Hernandez - 4.61

Joe Haden - 4.44

Tebow about to throw soon

Mixed reviews on Tebow's throwing motion
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2010 1:21 PM ET
We've waited with baited breath for any word out of Florida's pro day on Tim Tebow's new and improved throwing motion.

Now the first reports are trickling in, and we're still not sure what to think.

Alex Marvez of Fox Sports is on the scene and tweets that Tebow looked good: "Tebow threw and looked better. tighter spiral, good release point."

However, Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union tweets that Tebow's throwing motion may be new, but it's not necessarily improved: "Looks like Tebow worked out one kink and developed another. There's still a small loop & now a bit of a pause in motion. Mechanical looking."

The most honest assessment may have come from Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post, who's live blogging Florida's pro day and wrote, "Delivery looks far from groundbreaking, but what do I know."

Indeed. What do any of us know?

http://profootballtalk.nb...-tebows-throwing-motion/

Back
Top Bottom