Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I hope the Dolphins pick Tebow and he snakes Henne's spot 
YO real talk, Tebow's new throwing motion and everything looks great. I know its without pads and its not a live game, but
eek.gif
it looked terrible, and forced.
Like he had to think of his motion everytime he stepped back.

Its gonna take more than 3 weeks for him to throw naturally with an improved motion when the bullets start flying for real
Well of course its going to take time. I'm just happy to see dude working to improve. Nobody realistically thinks all of a sudden his woes are gone. It just good to see him throwing better. A lot better than his old throwing motion
sick.gif

He has the luxury of time too. Sitting for a couple years could do wonders if He works at it.

You draft him then
laugh.gif
....and good luck with that.
I would, later in the draft. Just to help him mature and see if one day He could generate value.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dez Bryant to have private workout for Cowboys[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 18, 2010 1:20 PM ET

The Cowboys want to be prepared if Dez Bryant experiences the draft free fall some are predicting. 

Dallas will hold a private workout with the Oklahoma State product April 1, according to ESPNDallas' Calvin Watkins.  Bryant would be a good fit with Dallas, who should be ready to give up on the Roy Williams experiment in 2011.

We simply can't believe that a player with his talent will fall out of the top 15 picks, much less all the way to Dallas as No. 27. 

Yeah, we've heard the rumors of how Bryant had to be managed like a child in college.  But he doesn't have to show up for morning class anymore; he just has to catch passes. 

Bryant does that exceedingly well.

If He wants to play for the Boys, He should just let his stock fall. That's what I'd do.
nerd.gif

Actually is there a rule against just working out for 1 team?

We swapped picks with the seahawks in the 2nd round in the whitehurst deal.
pimp.gif

40th instead of 60th makes a big difference! Hopefully we put it to good use with a RB, shoot why not just pick up two RB's while were at it, sproles needs help
pimp.gif

Why is that the title of the offseason thread?

Tebow will have a private workout for the ********, doesn't mean anything.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]Dez Bryant to have private workout for Cowboys[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 18, 2010 1:20 PM ET

The Cowboys want to be prepared if Dez Bryant experiences the draft free fall some are predicting. 

Dallas will hold a private workout with the Oklahoma State product April 1, according to ESPNDallas' Calvin Watkins.  Bryant would be a good fit with Dallas, who should be ready to give up on the Roy Williams experiment in 2011.

We simply can't believe that a player with his talent will fall out of the top 15 picks, much less all the way to Dallas as No. 27. 

Yeah, we've heard the rumors of how Bryant had to be managed like a child in college.  But he doesn't have to show up for morning class anymore; he just has to catch passes. 

Bryant does that exceedingly well.
Dirk, KLJ 
nerd.gif

Due diligence... He's not gonna fall that far and I can't imagine them trading up to get him.

Henne'll be good. 

I hope. 
embarassed.gif

No way Dez falls all the way to Dallas, somebody would catch him before that, so if Dallas wants him, they gonna have to move up for him.  No other way. 
smh.gif

Dont be surprised if Jerry Jones does try to move up, He will always remember passing on Randy Moss...
and how he chased WRs for years trying to make up for that *shrugs*

He keeps talkin about how they don't need receivers and he's comfortable with what they've got... I dunno, maybe he's just chirping...

Please don't talk about the Randy Moss draft in here. 
tired.gif

Too much pain to think about again. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Why is that the title of the offseason thread?

Tebow will have a private workout for the ********, doesn't mean anything.

Dont take this the wrong way but if you dont like it, dont pay it no mind.

Plus, I wanted to change it up. Last title was on the there for a while.

I want it to read "Dansby's a Dolphin"
laugh.gif
 but I wont do that

[h1]Report: McCloughan is out in San Francisco[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2010 3:26 PM ET

With five weeks to go until the launch of the 2010 draft, the San Francisco 49ers have parted ways with their General Manager.

Nancy Gay of FanHouse reports that which was becoming increasingly obvious -- the Niners have cut ties with Scot McCloughan.

"I'm fine and moving forward," he told Gay via text message on Thursday morning. 

Per Gay, the separation was the result of a "personal matter," and it came by "mutual agreement."  (Early this morning/late last night, McCloughan's agent said that the third-year G.M. would not be resigning.)

Coach Mike Singletary, who stands to gain power as a result of the departure, reportedly was not involved in the decision-making process.

Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that director of player personnel Trent Baalke is expected to assume many of McCloughan's duties.  (Perhaps the remainder will be filled by Baalke's "Cousin Larry."  And after the draft, maybe they can do "The Dance of Joy.") 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Please don't talk about the Randy Moss draft in here. 
tired.gif

Too much pain to think about again.  
smh.gif
NS_26Moss4thTD_JPG.jpg

5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Grossman wants to start[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 3:45 PM ET
Rex Grossman wants to be a starting quarterback again.

Grossman, who signed with the ******** Wednesday, said Thursday that he "definitely" believes he can be a starter again.

Although most people expect Mike Shanahan to either take a quarterback in the first round of next month's draft or give Jason Campbell another year as the ********' starter in 2010, Grossman said he hopes "to be thrown into the mix" with the ********.

The29-year-old Grossman said the ******** haven't told him what his roleis, but that he believes his career will have a strong second half as astarter.
roll.gif
roll.gif

2010 Pro Day Results:

2010 Florida Pro Day Results - Deserved its own entry

March 17, 2010 - Tennessee, Michigan, New Mexico, Kent State, UAB, Louisiana-Lafayette, Arkansas State

March 16, 2010 - Georgia Tech, Oregon State, Washington State

March 15, 2010 - Ohio State, LSU, California, Indiana of Pennsylvania

March 14, 2010 - Clemson, Arizona, Brown, North Dakota State, New Hampshire

March 13, 2010 - Troy, Texas Tech, BYU, Minnesota, Northern Iowa

March 12, 2010 - TCU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Indiana, West Texas A&M

March 11, 2010 - Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Colorado State, Southern Illinois

March 10, 2010 - Cincinnati, Kentucky, Rutgers, Maryland

March 9, 2010 - Alabama, Kansas, Washington, Colorado

March 8, 2010 - Oklahoma, Auburn, Fordham

March 7, 2010 - Utah, Buffalo, Indiana

March 6, 2010 - Baylor, Wyoming, Florida Atlantic

March 4, 2010 - Missouri, Syracuse, Kansas State

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Grossman wants to start[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 3:45 PM ET
Rex Grossman wants to be a starting quarterback again.

Grossman, who signed with the ******** Wednesday, said Thursday that he "definitely" believes he can be a starter again.

Although most people expect Mike Shanahan to either take a quarterback in the first round of next month's draft or give Jason Campbell another year as the ********' starter in 2010, Grossman said he hopes "to be thrown into the mix" with the ********.

The 29-year-old Grossman said the ******** haven't told him what his role is, but that he believes his career will have a strong second half as a starter.
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I wonder how Jason feels upon hearing that
nerd.gif

[h1]Report: JaMarcus weighs 271[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 4:19 PM ET

Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell is supposedly in much better shape than he was last season. But that doesn't mean he's slim.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury-News reports that Russell weighed 271 pounds when he reported to the team's voluntary offseason workouts this week.

That's 11 pounds heavier than his listed weight of 260 pounds, and it's six pounds more than he weighed at the 2007 scouting combine, when he was a somewhat pudgy 265 pounds.

On the other hand, 271 pounds has to be considered progress considering that two years ago, Don Banks of SI.com wrote that there were rumors that Russell was weighing in at close to 300 pounds.

Originally Posted by Proshares

JPZ you're laughing like Campbell and Brennan are any better
laugh.gif
Campbell's WAYYY better. Any team that has the dinosaur starting for them better have Pro Bowlers at every other position.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Proshares

JPZ you're laughing like Campbell and Brennan are any better
laugh.gif
Campbell's WAYYY better. Any team that has the dinosaur starting for them better have Pro Bowlers at every other position.

Nah man Campbell is terrible.  I've defended him in the past but this year kinda sealed the deal.  Not saying Grossman is gonna start or be any better.  They're all on a pretty crummy level of bad.

Back
Top Bottom