Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

If I was McNabb, I'd do everything in my power to try to block that deal from happening. Who the hell would want to play for Oakland...?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

If I was McNabb, I'd do everything in my power to try to block that deal from happening. Who the hell would want to play for Oakland...?
laugh.gif
grin.gif
If mcnabb comes to oaktown, the raiders will become light years better than they are now, and King Al will drop hella guap to keep him here, mcnabb ain't winning a superbowl in Purple & Gold, they're a cursed franchise
roll.gif

...Because that's how much he hates the Philly fans + media...and it's cool, they won't know what they had til he's long gone.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

laugh.gif
grin.gif
If mcnabb comes to oaktown, the raiders will become light years better than they are now, and King Al will drop hella guap to keep him here, mcnabb ain't winning a superbowl in Purple & Gold, they're a cursed franchise
roll.gif

Please....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

...Because that's how much he hates the Philly fans + media...and it's cool, they won't know what they had til he's long gone.

...and yeah he hates Philly so much he asked for a contract extension last week to stay..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Oakland has emerged as leader in Donovan McNabb sweepstakes. Doesn't mean another team couldn't get deal done, but Raiders are team to beat
pimp.gif

YAYYYYY
It's kinda bittersweet, lord knows I want McNabb in the silver & black (really, I'd take almost anyone over Jamarcus...) but if he doesn't really want to be with the Raiders than why make the deal? I know he doesn't have much of a choice, but man...

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Adam_Schefter

Oakland has emerged as leader in Donovan McNabb sweepstakes. Doesn't mean another team couldn't get deal done, but Raiders are team to beat
pimp.gif

YAYYYYY
It's kinda bittersweet, lord knows I want McNabb in the silver & black (really, I'd take almost anyone over Jamarcus...) but if he doesn't really want to be with the Raiders than why make the deal? I know he doesn't have much of a choice, but man...

do you think seymour wanted to play for oaktown?
I sure as hell don't think so.
but if he made the best of it,  I think Donovan can too.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Adam_Schefter

pimp.gif

YAYYYYY

do you think seymour wanted to play for oaktown?
I sure as hell don't think so.
but if he made the best of it,  I think Donovan can too.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Oakland/McNabb deal if Oakland was a contending team. I just think it would be a waste of time for Donovan, at 33 years old, and only one year left until he's an unrestricted free agent to play for a team that is arguably the most dysfunctional organization in all of football and hasn't been a serious contender in years....

As an Eagles fan, I would hope Donovan would have an opportunity to play for a contending team that just needs a stable QB with a winning attitude...would be hard to see him go, but if he does, I just think dude deseves better than Oakland...alot better. 
smh.gif

Adam_Schefter

Let the imagination run wild with this one: Dez Bryant is scheduled to have dinner tomorrow night with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.   
Twenty teams expected to attend today's workout for Oklahoma St. WR Dez Bryant. Last week, Bryant clocked a 4.32 in the 40-yard dash

Adam_Schefter

Let the imagination run wild with this one: Dez Bryant is scheduled to have dinner tomorrow night with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.   
Twenty teams expected to attend today's workout for Oklahoma St. WR Dez Bryant. Last week, Bryant clocked a 4.32 in the 40-yard dash

[jimmy johnson] How Bout them cowboys![/jimmy johnson]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Mayock: JaMarcus Russell's Pro Day a cautionary tale[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2010 11:23 AM ET
The consensus around the NFL is that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford had an impressive Pro Day on Monday. But even as he agrees with that assessment, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is offering up a cautionary tale of why coaches and general managers shouldn't fall in love with a player based on what he does in shorts and a T-shirt.

"Let me give you an example of the other side of it," Mayock said this morning on The Dan Patrick Show. "The best Pro Day I ever saw as a quarterback was JaMarcus Russell. . . . I've never seen a quarterback throw the football like that in my life, but I still couldn't take him in the first round -- the guy doesn't care about football. He doesn't have the passion for the game, doesn't have the work ethic, I don't want him. But by the way, it was a pretty impressive Pro Day."

Ultimately, Mayock said, teams can't allow what they see in a workout to supercede what they see in game action.

"The tape work and the body of work in college has to take precedence," Mayock said.

Fortunately for Bradford, Mayock says, his great Pro Day was only reinforcing his great play on the field at Oklahoma. And Mayock says that unless there's a medical concern, there's no reason Bradford won't be the first overall pick in the draft.

Adam_Schefter

Eagles today announced they have signed CB Ellis Hobbs and LB Chris Gocong each to one-year contracts   

Florida QB Tim Tebow has been in New England the past two days. And he's headed to Washington and Cleveland next week.

Adam_Schefter

pimp.gif

Adam_Schefter

Initial reports on Dez Bryant's 40-yard dash are not encouraging. One scout in attendance texted that Bryant clocked an unconfirmed 4.57
pimp.gif

whatever makes that stock drop

Dirk whats your thoughts on this? Jerry going to go get him or its just dez agent using the cowboys?

soooo dez runs a 4.6 or even a 4.55 lets say and what did golden run? someone owes someone something ...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Dirk whats your thoughts on this? Jerry going to go get him or its just dez agent using the cowboys? 
I really don't know what to think... Jerry keeps spouting off to the local media about how we don't need receivers and we're happy with what we've got and on and on, and then they keep scheduling stuff with Dez...

I hope they're serious about it, and it certainly looks like they are, but he's not falling all the way to 27...

You Cowboys fall the hell back.  Dez = Dolphin.  Ya'll got Roy Williams, go enjoy that. 
laugh.gif

Unless you want to trade us some picks to move up..........
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom