Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

hold on ... so the cowboys didnt get darren sharper? thats all i was hearing about on the golf course was sharper to dallas ... now i finally get home after 36 and no replacement ... what the hell? are we banking doug free at LT and hoping earl thomas falls to us? what are we doing ...

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

drafts next weekend right?
eek.gif

Holy #$$%, I've been out of it this year.

mad.gif
God I hate school

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

drafts next weekend right?
I +%$$$@* wish

[h1]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board[/h1]

http://
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com
Archive

Over the past few weeks we've seen some new names added to the Big Board, but this week the biggest story is the addition of a player who was here back in August, saw his stock fade and has since regained status as a possible first-round pick in my eyes.

That would be Colt McCoy. The bottom line with McCoy is he's a player I began to question during the season because he simply didn't show off an impressive arm, and size became a question. Since the season, however, my evaluations of his arm strength and size have improved, and I'm more convinced now that his performance was far more a product of the system he was in, and the talent around him. It's not that he couldn't throw a deep ball, he simply wasn't given the chance. I still see him as a similar player to Jake Plummer -- not a star, but a very good player -- but he has a stronger arm. I also think that if the ******** either can't trade up for Sam Bradford, and opt to pass on Jimmy Clausen, McCoy is a player that Mike Shanahan may set his sights on. Not likely with the No. 4 pick, of course.

Here lives the latest (dual) mock draft we've posted. There will be a new one early next week. But for now, on to the Board.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Accurate, under-center experience, competitive and tough. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Underrated arm, great feel for position, super accurate. Last week: No. 5

6.jpg

Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Solid pass-rusher and stout versus the run. Very productive. Last week: No. 6

7.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 7

8.jpg

Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher; raw but physically gifted. Last week: No. 8

9.jpg

C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, versatile, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 9

10.jpg

Trent Williams

OT

6-5

201.gif

Analysis: Long and strong. Can help immediately at RT. Last week: No. 10

11.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 11

12.jpg

Earl Thomas

S

5-10

251.gif

Analysis: Covers a ton of ground, great in big games. Last week: 12

13.jpg

Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver and returner. Draft's best downfield threat. Last week: No. 13

14.jpg

Bryan Bulaga

OT

6-6

2294.gif

Analysis: A fantastic pass-protecting tackle; long arms, solid feet. Last week: No. 16

15.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 14

16.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 15

17.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete, force off the edge, led nation in TFLs. Last week: No. 17

18.jpg

Maurkice Pouncey

C/G

6-5

57.gif

Analysis: Athletic, versatile interior lineman. Rising quickly. Last week: No. 18

19.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Improved all season; prototype 3-4 OLB in NFL. Last week: No. 19

20.jpg

Devin McCourty

CB

5-11

164.gif

Analysis: Top-end speed, solid cover and ball skills. Last week: No. 20

21.jpg

Colt McCoy

QB

6-2

251.gif

Analysis: Great leader with underrated physical skills and arm. Last week: NR

22.jpg

Kareem Jackson

CB

6-0

333.gif

Analysis: Physical defensive back with improved cover skills. Last week: No. 22

23.jpg

Arrelious Benn

WR

6-2

356.gif

Analysis: Explosive, physical wideout; strong in return game. Last week: No. 21

24.jpg

Demaryius Thomas

WR

6-3

59.gif

Analysis: Physical wideout; home run threat in a vertical scheme. Last week: No. 23

25.jpg

Sean Weatherspoon

LB

6-2

142.gif

Analysis: Tackling machine with very underrated speed for the position. Last week: No.

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

They need to stop with these McNabb talks to the 9ers... Let him go to the raiders...

McNabb is a great fit for SF. 
As for Feely...He annoys me to no end. He completely overdresses and looks like a fool. Trying way too hard to look cool. I think he wants to be a WR with two wrist bands around his elbow and his gloves...Igghhhhh

just got back from the movies.....i dont see why parker would sign with the skins....it honestly doesnt make any sense

I can't be the only one who thinks that Demaryius Thomas will be the best WR to come out of this year's draft, can I?

They were KILLING Dez Bryant on the NFL Network just now....Corey Chavious and some other dude who were at his workout were going in on the dude...

I wish the draft was next weekend. 
laugh.gif

With the way that idiot Goddell runs @#$% now, I took the whole damn week off cuz there was no way I was missin picks on THURSDAY and FRIDAY comin home late from work. 
smh.gif
  Stupid @#$%^& idiot. 
Shoulda left it as it was @#$%^&*

I think you are alone on that one. what makes u think that? what have u seen from BayBay other than GO routes and being big that makes u think he'll eb better than Benn and Bryant? 
BayBay drops a good 20+ catches a season. Im talkin in big spots too. 

PS and Im a huge BayBay supporter, been sayin he gonna hop into round 1 for a long time

[h1]Irish recruit, 17, dies after fall in Florida[/h1]
Notre Dame recruit Matt James died Friday in Panama City, Fla., after falling from a hotel balcony, a high school spokesman has confirmed.

James, 17, was vacationing in Florida for spring break.

A 6-foot-6, 291-pound offensive tackle, James was named USA Today first-team All-American after leading Cincinnati's St. Xavier to a No. 4 ranking in the final state poll.

ncf_i_mjames1_sy_200.jpg

John Albright/Icon SMIMatt James, an offensive tackle from Cincinnati St. Xavier, was named a first-team All-American by USA Today as a senior.

Students at St. Xavier High School gathered on its football field Friday night to remember James, spokesman Mark Motz said Saturday, according to The Associated Press.

James, 17, apparently died instantly after he fell from the Days Inn Motel at about 6:30 p.m. ET, police told WJHG-TV in Panama City.

Police had not confirmed James' identity as of Saturday morning, but Motz said the school was "devastated" by the news. Motz said the impromptu vigil was organized as word of James' death spread through social-networking sites such as Facebook.

"When one of their own is in trouble, they band together," Motz said.

The father of fellow Notre Dame recruit and St. Xavier quarterback Luke Massa told the Cincinnati Enquirer that the teammates were among several dozen students on vacation together.

"Luke is devastated," Gary Massa told the newspaper. "He lost one of his best friends."

James, a senior, chose Notre Dame over Ohio State, committing on Feb. 3 on national signing day.

"It was a really tough decision," James said then, according to the Enquirer report. "... I like the situation of being in the first class with Coach [Brian] Kelly there."

James' family learned of his death during a family gathering for the 50th birthday party for one of James' uncles, according to the Chicago Tribune.

"His mom and dad were here when they got the call," said Dan Rudolph, father of Irish tight end Kyle Rudolph, according to the Tribune. "The whole James family was here. I can't believe that happened."

Matt was an extremely talented person who was very bright and possessed a great dry sense of humor. He could not wait to join the Notre Dame family.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I think you are alone on that one. what makes u think that? what have u seen from BayBay other than GO routes and being big that makes u think he'll eb better than Benn and Bryant? 
BayBay drops a good 20+ catches a season. Im talkin in big spots too. 
golden tate ... you said dez would smoke him in the 40 and you were dead wrong, now you dont even mention him as top 3? youre smacked ...

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

With the way that idiot Goddell runs @#$% now, I took the whole damn week off cuz there was no way I was missin picks on THURSDAY and FRIDAY comin home late from work. 
smh.gif
  Stupid @#$%^& idiot. 

It will be a plus if the down time between days allows for more trades

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

smh.gif
  Stupid @#$%^& idiot. 

It will be a plus if the down time between days allows for more trades

Agreed it may help teams sort of settle themselves down after each night, give em time to re-evaluate their boards/rosters, and make some deals, but from a viewership standpoint, I'm bent.  
It's also going to coincide with playoff basketball games going on those nights.  Generally, I could handle missing a little action on a Saturday afternoon, NBA would usually put the lesser games on then anyways.  But now, Thursday night, then Friday night, those are prime slots for NBA playoff games. 
smh.gif

I dunno, just don't like the change for selfish reasons obviously.  Now if it means the teams will be able to think better and make better decisions during the draft, and that leads to better product on the field, then I guess it's all worth it, but that isn't why Goddell did it, he did it to stretch it out and make more money from ESPN, get more air time, etc etc.  He'll just be lucky if the product itself is actually improved from this. 

I still got Dez as the #1 WR in the class. The concerns are somewhat valid and I'm the biggest Tate/Benn fan on here, but they aren't better than Dez Bryant. Simple as that. Thomas isn't either, what does he do better than Dez?

NFL Network was saying Dez doesn't make enough catches over the middle: True or false?

Kiper's board: I don't know about Clausen over Bradford. I'm not completely sold on either but I'd take Sammy if I needed a franchise QB early.

Some of Mayock's positional rankings are questionable this year...

Hate to help the Cowboys but they should pass on ET/Mays first-round and get a OT, scoop Nate Allen in the second. Kid can start/make plays right away. Trust me.

That Eagles trade was garbage but I'll take the picks. So much for the McNabb/Brown for Nnamdi/pick deal.

Talent-wise....it's no debate. Dez is EASILY the best of the bunch. But you can't ignore the immaturity and other issues that have surfaced over the past couple of months/weeks. With Thomas, he has to work on his route-running....but that's something that he can get better at over time. Due to the offense he was in, the routes that he had to run were limited in comparison to others around the nation...but he still put up disgusting #'s. I just don't see how it's unquestionable that he'll be the best of the bunch when the dust settles. I've defended Bryant and I do think that if he has a good support system around him he'll do some potentially great things in the NFL....but the warning signs are there....and that's the reason why he may slip further than expected.

Next year's receiver class has a chance to be pretty solid too, doesn't it?

I really hope Dez comes into the league and destroys %%%*. Every time I hear something on my TV or the radio about the draft I gotta hear everyone talk bad on him. Don't care what team he's on, just come in and blow the %%+$$%* league away.

I dont see how anyone could think Thomas will be better based on what they have seen. Maybe if its just a gut feeling but it cant be based on anything that happened on the field. BeyBey is very boom/bust but I dont think anyone can see Dez not contributing barring injury or off the field stuff.

Back
Top Bottom