**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

New Jersey 
indifferent.gif

mad.gif

OK...well played. 
So the Knicks marketed them...sold them...made them fans...and then NJ cashes in, because instead of faceless rookies who might not turn out, they get good local names that already have a fanbase. 
eyes.gif
mad.gif

I agree with this to an extent, but do you honestly think a lineup Gallo+Mozgod will take away from Knicks' fans that can be rooting for Amar'e+Carmelo?
laugh.gif
These are the same two guys that Knicks fans are begging the Knicks to get rid of if it means getting Carmelo

It breaks that first wall, which is the hardest and which I think I'm not the only one who has: eughk...the Nets. The name, the face, the identity, all of it. You can scrub, febreze it and move it around, but it's still the same s----y furniture. Putting Gallo and Moz on that team is that reupholstering. Enough to make people remember that YES is more than baseball.
To me, I don't really consider the Nets an NBA team. Even when they were nice for a minute, I dropped into that Kubler-Ross denial hard until I willed them to blow their team up and then I willed Brook Lopez into getting worse. They're an NBA team when they get Moz and Gallo. And all they had to lose was 2 players they don't even have yet?
30t6p3b.gif

I just feel sorry for Felton. He definitely is getting the short end of the stick. Same with Donnie. Chandler knew his time was up when he didnt get that contract extension.

I still don't understand how people believe the Knicks can afford D-Will/Dwight/Amar'e/Melo...Any GM that can make that work out in terms of cash should be automatic Exec of the Year for the next 20 years, even if he's no longer working in the league

I still don't understand how people believe the Knicks can afford D-Will/Dwight/Amar'e/Melo...Any GM that can make that work out in terms of cash should be automatic Exec of the Year for the next 20 years, even if he's no longer working in the league

i could never see us losing with that team... Dwight and Dwill would have to take a nice paycut, but with the money after a few championships they would be fine...

Definitely not 4 players of that caliber, but Deron would be a friggin pipe dream.

The only thing about the new CBA is that his extension wont be as costly, BUT then again the salary cap would be less...
Everyone is talking about walsh being undermined by dolan, but what about Billy King having the reigns taken out of his hands by Prokorov if that's how its spelt.

I don't think a lot of ppl think of that when they think of NY having a Big 3 or 4. I was just figuring after Melo that's when we'd get rid of the rest of the squad and try and have enough cap space to sign a 3rd max.

But maybe ppl think the new CBA will help. Extend the limit? No cap at all?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

Why would the knicks trade all those players?? smh melo my favorite player but is it worth it?
Yes
Gallo is overrated and has one or two good quarters a game. His defense is so bad that it gets in the way of our own players out there, getting spun around and tripping up 

Felton is TRASH, son needs to go asap before people realize he's a gump

Chandler is up at the end of the year and there's WAY better players to chase than him

Moz....who cares

Curry...we should have gave him to NJ for free

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Definitely not 4 players of that caliber, but Deron would be a friggin pipe dream.

The only thing about the new CBA is that his extension wont be as costly, BUT then again the salary cap would be less...
Everyone is talking about walsh being undermined by dolan, but what about Billy King having the reigns taken out of his hands by Prokorov if that's how its spelt.
Unlike Dolan, the Russian knows what he's doing.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Why would the knicks trade all those players?? smh melo my favorite player but is it worth it?
Yes
Gallo is overrated and has one or two good quarters a game. His defense is so bad that it gets in the way of our own players out there, getting spun around and tripping up 

Chandler is up at the end of the year and there's WAY better players to chase than him

Moz....who cares

QFT
Preach my friend...

Originally Posted by nightruans

Yes

Moz....who cares

QFT
Preach my friend...
yea u don have a point out that list rest can go but i still would keep chandler but that's just me i guess

you guys so thirsty to stack superstars.  why don't you guys realize that you guys actually have a solid core and should just be patient in building your team. 

I actually think the best move you guys will ever make is sacking D'antoni, sooner or later you'll realize that such an offensive minded coach is not good for playoffs success. 

I actually see defensive potential in your squad, if you get a coach that can tap it you guys can be dangerous.  you can actually maintain that frenetic pace of yours with excellent defense by getting on the break from stoppages, so with a defensive minded coach you won't necessarily be sacrificing high scoring output. 

the problem is your defensive effort is inconsistent, and I think that's on the coach. 

but your organization stays putting their faith on D'antoni and Isiah Thomas, who should be busy coaching his own damn squad instead of worrying about the knicks; it's pretty sad. 

It can be done under walsh
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If the Knicks weren't able to get Carmelo by the deadline and the Knicks play like crap the rest of the season, particularly Chandler/Felton/Gallo, everyone that is preaching for us to keep them and hope we get Carmelo in the offseason will be going crazy about how bad those players suck and that we shouldn't have hesitated to trade them for Carmelo...Knicks fans are notorious for having drastic opinion changes once the team begins to falter

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Karl Prefers New York Offer, Front Office Likes Nets' Deal[/h3]
Feb 21, 2011 15:50 PM EST

Karl_George_den_091106.jpg

The Nuggets have an internal disagreement over which trade proposal for Carmelo Anthony to accept.

George Karl prefers the offer from the Knicks, while the front office is inclined to accept the offer from New Jersey.

Karl would like to accept New York's offer because the team would have a greater opportunity to remain competitive.

Karl still hasn't signed a two-year extension to remain as head coach of the Nuggets.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...er_Front_Office_Likes_Nets_Deal#ixzz1EdBnVk3w

Yes

Moz....who cares

my mans, werent you the one in the other thread saying you would boo melo for the first few weeks he was in a knick outfit? and basically calling melo a fruitloop for this whole situation and the fight that took place a few years ago?

Yes

Moz....who cares

my mans, werent you the one in the other thread saying you would boo melo for the first few weeks he was in a knick outfit? and basically calling melo a fruitloop for this whole situation and the fight that took place a few years ago?

who me? no

Yes

Moz....who cares

Yeah, cause he should have just said from the jump. "I won't play in Denver or NJ, I want to be a Knick." Since he wants to be Mr. Nice and remain quiet, we have to go through mad BS and trade mad players. I've been a Melo fan since Syracuse and was born a Knicks fan but all this mess should have been avoided. I will boo him but after a game or two, son will be forgiven and his jerseys will be copped 
laugh.gif

so i still haven't got assured that Billups would be willing to play for us? does he still want to be bought out if he gets traded? if so Douglas cannot be our starting pg...

Back
Top Bottom