**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

If Gallo is in this trade, I hope Denver flips him for a draft pick to NJ.  As long as we keep Fields(which no "source" has reported otherwise), then I'm good with this.  Hopefully Mozgov isn't involved, but we all knew it wasn't going to stop the trade from happening.

Time to roll up the sleeves and see what we got here with STAT and Melo. 
pimp.gif

At this point like Penny said, I just want this whole thing to be over.

And like Stephen A Smith said, we can't strike out on this.

I liked Will more than Gallo, wish we were giving up one or the other not both. But I've come to accept it. Liked Felton as well, but it is what it is.

!!+* stephen a smith

he's been a giant racist douche all week. we do what we do on our terms not a shock jock

sad day to see these knicks go esp gallo, felton and wilson
woodswilliams2072306-448x266.jpg

and i hope mosgov aint part of the deal
tiger_cry_story.jpg

but we gettin melo!!!
tiger_woods2.jpg

true 3 blue, it's tough when there is a young core of players who the fans enjoy watch playing together, but this deal needs to happen. Upset with some of the pieces that we are giving up, but it's a superstar league. Kanye shrug.

I'm not a huge Melo fan to start with & I Thought he could have handled it better and thought we originally wouldn't give up so much, but I'll gladly welcome him.

Flexibility, cap room, young talent was all acquired for an acquisition like this to take place (along with Amare in the summer.)

To get those two guys is a pretty damn good "Plan B" if you ask me. (wonder what the eggs in one basket folks would have to say?) But if this is true, the major hurdle is now done with. Now, time to build around them.

*although if Billups doesn't report, I'll feel a little bit differently...but again..an aging PG getting to play next to Melo and Amare on a playoff team in NYC, running Mike's system? eh, if he passes that up, I'd be surprised.

guys lets not get ahead of ourselves

remain cautiously optimistic. don't want any fans jumping off bridges

I don't get how this isn't a win, only Gallo would be in NY's long term plans and Melo>>>>>>Gallo would ever think about being. So it's a win in my eyes.

Congrats Knick fans, I'll definitely be tuning in to see my boy do work in the Garden. Should make for an awesome Eastern conference playoffs.

we don't know the specifics et mamba. so can't say whether it's a win or not. i mean obviously it would be a win but we don't know to what degree.

i'm far more pissed at losing felton than galanari though. if that's what happens

Originally Posted by DubA169

!!+* stephen a smith

he's been a giant racist douche all week. we do what we do on our terms not a shock jock
Uncalled for.

He's a huge Knick fan, and I'm pretty sure he has a better idea what should be done than some of those trade scenarios you come up with.
grin.gif

true 3 blue, it's tough when there is a young core of players who the fans enjoy watch playing together, but this deal needs to happen. Upset with some of the pieces that we are giving up, but it's a superstar league. Kanye shrug.

Exactly how I feel.

true it's not uncalled for. he's been saying some mega foul stuff about walsh. personal, below the belt stuff. and screaming that if some brothers were in the front office lebron would be here.

i didn't say that for no reason.

he was slurping off isiah for every move he made. and screaming that he'd be just fine giving up every single person on the team for melo. he doesn't know a thing.

he's also even been making fun of amare's toe injury

Pros:
-rebounding gets better
-scoring gets better
-we have 3 clutch players
-leadership both mentally and physically
-more playing time for rautins

Cons:
-defense gets worse IMO
-bench sucks
-small flexibility
-more small lineups

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Pros:
-rebounding gets better
-scoring gets better
-we have 3 clutch players
-leadership both mentally and physically
-more playing time for rautins

Cons:
-defense gets worse IMO
-bench sucks
-small flexibility
-more small lineups
laugh.gif

does anyone kno the finalized deal?

i hope fields stays i like his play and mozgov at least for size. their roster is gonna be really small 
sick.gif
sick.gif
melo stat turiaf douglas walker williams mason rautins billups and i may be missing some. all this trading hopefully pays off for them eventually. but i still think the problem lies with the offense system. they need to play some defense

If Mozgov was say, 20..I might want to hold onto him. But, he's 24 going on 25..and for as big as he is..he doesn't exactly seem like he wants to play that big consistently. Or at least he doesn't know how. He's huge and he does move well, it's difficult to work with projects at the NBA level. If this trade goes through, and he's NOT part of it.. what does he amount to in a year or 2 anyway? if he's the starting center is that a good thing? at best, he'd be a competent back up.

honestly, I really don't care what happens with him. if he's needed to get it done, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom