OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Have fun with Rose playing 60 games. Have fun with Rose taking nights off just because. I wish him the best but he's injury prone.

Rose hasnt played 10 consecutive games of 30 minutes are more since 2011. Be prepared to sign a backup PG
I wouldn't mind if he didn't play a game and was in a suit a season. Trade was worth it to get a pick and get rid of Caldo.

Gained money [emoji]128176[/emoji] for next year's off-season free agency.

This season would be nice if we get to the playoffs but other than so what? Hopes and expectations only changes if KD joins.

Last edited:
After some wheeling & dealing I somehow ended up with this:

Rose/Galloway/Payton II
Crabbe/T. Johnson
Kidd-Gilchrist/Pookie
Melo/DWill
Porzingis/Hernangomez/Hawes

Rose/Galloway/Payton II
Crabbe/T. Johnson
Kidd-Gilchrist/Pookie
Melo/DWill

You're fired

Is what I'd tell you if you were the GM of the Knicks and I was the owner.

Big Willy might step in and be a better fit than RoLo right off the bat.

Him and KP already have history and Euro bigs are great passers, perfect for their role in the triangle.

RoLo's weak play making ability might have been what made him expendable.

Phil really needs to cut his hair off :smh:

Dude too rich to be looking like that :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rose/Galloway/Payton II
Crabbe/T. Johnson
Kidd-Gilchrist/Pookie
Melo/DWill
You can't make this **** up....

Derrick Rose broke his finger the 1st game of the season
We finished 44-38 (6th seed). Then this happened...

Melo led us on an improbable run to the Finals. 
eek.gif

Ended up losing in 6 but after this i'm confident i could be an NBA GM.

Final season stats:

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 8m8 minutes ago
Phil suggests that weak PG market in this class factored into choice to go get Rose. Says he and Mills felt team needed an attacking threat.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 6m6 minutes ago
Phil, on whether list of FA bigs vs FA guards factored into why they felt OK letting Robin OK: "You're on the right track" w that suggestion

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 3m3 minutes ago
Asked Phil if he thinks Porzingis can fill the starting C role. Didnt answer either way, but said team clearly has to address position in FA

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 3m3 minutes ago
Phil also says he could envision Kristaps playing small-ball C at end of gms more over time. Which seemingly suggests he may not start at C

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 2m2 minutes ago
Phil says he'd like to potentially keep Rose long-term if it makes sense, but obviously has to see what happens this year, bc of his health.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 1m1 minute ago
Phil, on Rose's reaction to coming to NY: "He was happy about it. ... We know the drive that he has, and that's important."

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 11m11 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on @drose: "He's one of the guys that is decisive and aggressive." #Knicks
View media item 2078957
NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 10m10 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on @drose: “I thought he recovered really well towards the end of the year.”

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 6m6 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on this summer’s free agency: “We have our plan. We have our options.” #Knicks

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 5m5 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on @kporzee: “He is going to play a center role.” He added that KP can play in a small-ball lineup. #Knicks

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 3m3 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on @carmeloanthony's reaction to @drose: “I think this is a positive move. I think he sees this as a positive move."

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks 2m2 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 on @drose: “He was happy about it. We understand that he is working out." He added, “We know the drive he has."

If Melo averages 22, 7 and 6...that would be INCREDIBLE :lol:

I'd be happy if Rose is averaged 21 for us as well. Porzingas with a realistic 15 and 8.

EDIT: Wait, how is Charlotte the #1 seed in the east? Where does LeBron play?

EDIT #2: Ric Bucher reporting Westbrook is "good to go despite a broken ankle" :lol:

Last edited:
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 56s56 seconds ago
Phil Jackson says the club was considering trading Derrick Rose before the Jeff Hornacek hire.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 5m5 minutes ago
Phil Jackson says the Knicks would like to have Derrick Rose long term but that's not a conversation for today.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 8m8 minutes ago
Phil Jackson says the acquisition of Rose - & loss of Robin Lopez - means NY will be looking for a big man this

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 15m15 minutes ago
Phil Jackson says the Knicks felt the need to have a "decisive, attack guard" in obtaining Derrick Rose.

Back
Top Bottom